Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Marvel Cinematic Universe

+64
naughty zoot
Gillian
katesti
Muggsy
darthtall
DarkSpork
Matinee
particle_person
Algae
nazlan
blixie
Coneycat
Swarley
Bad Username
Poubelle
nikita
Instant Monkeys
SarahJanet
Eris Rising
Rhilin
MtOlivePickles
Carrie Ann
sen3
jstilwe
Shalamar
PrincessCleo
Cynara
bookworm
Agent Sculder
dionneshea
Melk
epudom
punzy
pizzagirl20
swsa
Kiran
TiffanyNichelle
QueenSix
BrightEyes
Cutebutpsycho
Escape
Putli Bai
Unlucky Bear
sagitare
Wildog27
Binky
Snarryfan
biakbiak
mandalaya
ActonBell
vwlphb
bbridges
oxymoron
rivki8699
Red Wolf
ulkis
Fiammetta
Raksha
The Dude
RiverThames
Menshevixen
Skyblade
Miss Moneypenny
laddical
68 posters

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down

The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 6 Empty Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post  laddical Sun May 05, 2013 10:10 pm

TiffanyNichelle,

Spoiler:

Sadly, The Dude, I kept an eye on Ponytail Express and checked the credits and he was not Val Kilmer. Which would have been so freaking cool. The actor in question is Mark Kubr, who has apparently stunted in all three IM movies and is Mickey Rourke's personal stunt double.

The first time through, I wondered why Tony would

Spoiler:

I noticed that Tony referred to several of the suits by name - Red Snapper (or Sniper?), Heartbreaker, and the Hulkbuster armor had a name I didn't catch (it might have been Hulkbuster for all I know - though movie Tony seems less inclined to be building armor to take down Bruce than comic Tony). I wonder if they actually had names for all 34 of the new armors, or just those three.

I wasn't sold on the end titles the first time through. I thought the end titles for Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers were close to perfect, so it was a bit of a let down. But the second time, they really clicked for me. I still like the other three better, but I love the "70s action-drama freeze frame" quality of this one.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Sun May 05, 2013 10:30 pm

bookworm wrote:Just saw and I enjoyed it, but one thing reay annoyed me.
Spoiler:

Good question. The only thing I called shenanigans on was this:
Spoiler:

But other than that - YAY. I don't know that I'd put it ahead of the first one, but it's miles better than the second one. The scenes with the kid were awesome. I was a little disappointed that we didn't get an end scene
Spoiler:
Sort of like my favorite scene from Bad Santa, only with less Billy Bob Thornton.

Laddical, thanks for explaining that (about the shrapnel). Because I was wondering the same thing. I haven't read any of the comics books - does something similar happen there?
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun May 05, 2013 10:38 pm

Also, re the shrapnel -

Spoiler:
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo Sun May 05, 2013 10:58 pm

TiffanyNichelle wrote:Also I enjoyed Don Cheadle so much more in this movie than I did in IM2 but seriously who did
Spoiler:
That cracked me up so bad. He still managed to be badass, but yeah, wtf.

Speaking of clothes and things that are hilarious, I just started shaking my head when
Spoiler:
PrincessCleo
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Sun May 05, 2013 11:41 pm

First of all, NICE ABS on Gwynnie!

Loved the kid. "My dad went to 7/11 for some scratchers, and I guess he won, because that was 6 years ago."

Loved the plane rescue scene.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Mon May 06, 2013 12:47 am

Loved it. My favorite throwaway bit was when during the big fight sequence in the Miami house, when Tony is laying waste to all the henchmen, and the one throws his hands up and says he hates the job: "They're really weird." If Joss Whedon or RDJ didn't come up with that line, I would be shocked.

I even loved the kid, and I fully admit that I rolled my eyes when he showed up.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Mon May 06, 2013 12:52 am

Thanks for the explanation about Tony
Spoiler:

I bet Guy Pearce's
Spoiler:
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon May 06, 2013 1:07 am

I really would not have been able to buy Terrence Howard being as casually (dressed) bad-ass as Don Cheadle was.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Mon May 06, 2013 3:40 am

I just got back from seeing Iron Man and I'm so happy! So great! Such a great looking, enjoyable movie. I can't wait to see it again!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 Mon May 06, 2013 8:52 am

jstilwe wrote:I even loved the kid, and I fully admit that I rolled my eyes when he showed up.

I did too, but when I saw that the kid was pretty cool and especially that Tony treated him just like he does everyone else, I was A-OK and enjoyed the scenes. And it lead to my favorite line "Hey, that's my friend's sister's watch! Limited edition!" or something like that.

Also related, a fun thing happened at our theater. When we were leaving the movie we were walking out behind this family with a little boy around four in his full Iron Man costume and there was a huge line of people waiting for the next showings and they all clapped and cheered for the little boy! It was awesome and he loved it and it made me remember that kids love Iron Man via that video of RDJ showing up at the kid Iron Man costume contest at the SD Comic Con. So all that made me glad they included the little boy character in the movie.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Mon May 06, 2013 12:11 pm

Man, this was awesome. I haven't seen a movie in the theater since I had a baby last fall, and this was an excellent way to return. After the disappointment of IM2, this was like a complete return to form. It feels so much more like the first one, and like The Avengers, that they can all flow nicely into each other and I don't ever have to watch IM2 again.

Spoiler:
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon May 06, 2013 4:53 pm

In a movie filled with zingers, I think my favorite was

Spoiler:
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Mon May 06, 2013 6:40 pm

jstilwe wrote:Loved it. My favorite throwaway bit was when during the big fight sequence in the Miami house, when Tony is laying waste to all the henchmen, and the one throws his hands up and says he hates the job: "They're really weird." If Joss Whedon or RDJ didn't come up with that line, I would be shocked.

I even loved the kid, and I fully admit that I rolled my eyes when he showed up.

Whedon got a "thank you" in the credits - I wonder if they had him take a look at the script to punch up the dialogue.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Mon May 06, 2013 7:05 pm

It's possible, but with Shane Black as director, totally unnecessary.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Mon May 06, 2013 8:30 pm

laddical wrote:TiffanyNichelle,

Spoiler:

Sadly, The Dude, I kept an eye on Ponytail Express and checked the credits and he was not Val Kilmer. Which would have been so freaking cool. The actor in question is Mark Kubr, who has apparently stunted in all three IM movies and is Mickey Rourke's personal stunt double.

With the weight gains, I wasn't sure if it was Val. A full on Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang reunion would have been epic.

God Cheadle was such a trade up. He can keep up with RDJ, which is a rarity.

Out of the two guys just nailing their iconic roles right now I'm glad RDJ is so much more into it than Daniel Craig.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  MtOlivePickles Wed May 08, 2013 3:03 am

The Dude wrote:Out of the two guys just nailing their iconic roles right now I'm glad RDJ is so much more into it than Daniel Craig.

In a way, I was comparing IM3 to Skyfall, in that they are the third part of something that is vastly superior to the preceding movie, and almost on par (if not better than) the first installment.

MtOlivePickles

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Wed May 08, 2013 3:35 am

Spoiler:

I didn't think that wad weird because
Spoiler:

I thought it was great fun.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu May 09, 2013 8:27 pm

I really enjoyed Iron Man 3. Though I admit I slightly prefer manic self-destruction Tony of IM2 to maturing, anxiety-prone mechanic, but it makes sense storywise.

What an amazing cast. I swear, Pepper Potts is the only role I adore Gwyneth Paltrow in. I am so thrilled she got her own
Spoiler:
. Ben Kingsley was epic. Like...I kind want him to win something. Guy Pearce held his own, which is about all you can ask for on screen with RDJ. The child actor and the handling of that storyline could have gone so terrible, but it didn't. Credit to the child and RDJ. I liked Don Cheadle way more in this movie than I did IM2 - his Rhodey finally felt like Tony's friend.

I feel like this might be the most rewatchable Iron Man.

And adore, adore, adore the scene after the credits. My friend and I were talking about how they really didn't explain the absence of the Avengers
Spoiler:
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Sun May 12, 2013 2:10 am

Man, all of Killian's henchmen had great lines. After "I don't even LIKE this job. They are SO WEIRD here." I had to put my sleeve over my mouth to stifle my laughter.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhilin Sun May 12, 2013 4:45 pm

laddical wrote:I noticed that Tony referred to several of the suits by name - Red Snapper (or Sniper?), Heartbreaker, and the Hulkbuster armor had a name I didn't catch (it might have been Hulkbuster for all I know - though movie Tony seems less inclined to be building armor to take down Bruce than comic Tony). I wonder if they actually had names for all 34 of the new armors, or just those three.

Somewhere on the internet, there is indeed a mockup of all 42 suits, what they were designed for, and what they were named. It showed up on my tumblr a while ago, but I had no idea what it was about at the time, or I would have saved it.

Man, all of Killian's henchmen had great lines. After "I don't even LIKE this job. They are SO WEIRD here." I had to put my sleeve over my mouth to stifle my laughter.

I think this might be my favorite Iron Man film, but even if it wasn't that whole scene alone was worth the ticket price.

Rhilin

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed May 15, 2013 4:26 pm

Bringing this over from the Pretty thread.

MtOlivePickles wrote:Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie, and Scarlett Johansson chillin' on the set of Captain America 2. I appreciate whoever does wardrobe and keeps putting Evans in those snug t-shirts.

I can't even with Chris Evans and his arms. Just guh. That whole torso is a physical impossibility.

Excuse me. I need to get to the gym now.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Wed May 15, 2013 4:57 pm

laddical wrote:Bringing this over from the Pretty thread.

MtOlivePickles wrote:Chris Evans, Anthony Mackie, and Scarlett Johansson chillin' on the set of Captain America 2. I appreciate whoever does wardrobe and keeps putting Evans in those snug t-shirts.

I can't even with Chris Evans and his arms. Just guh. That whole torso is a physical impossibility.

Excuse me. I need to get to the gym now.

And yet there is a poster at ONTD who consistently complains that he is TOO SKINNY to play Steve Rogers. I guess comics really do create unrealistic body image problems!
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed May 15, 2013 5:51 pm

Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed May 15, 2013 6:17 pm

That may very well be true, but are there any more...legit news sources on that? I'm only asking being I google newsed it and there is nothing on any of the trades, or EW, or deadline and you know Nikki Finke's thirsty ass would be all over this.

Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  SarahJanet Wed May 15, 2013 6:18 pm

Noooooooooo not Jeremy Renner's arrrrrms!

Damn, that's a shame. I really liked him and was hoping for a Renner/Johansson buddy movie in Budapest.

SarahJanet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 24 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 24  Next