The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Page 7 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next

Go down

The Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 7 Empty Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post  Binky on Wed May 15, 2013 6:39 pm

I think they would be epically dumb to recast (or exclude) any of the Avengers cast. I also read that Downey was insisting that his cast mates get equitable (whatever that means) payment and threatening to walk if they didn't like their deals. It wasn't the most reputable source, but I bought it.

Save the Avengers, Iron Man!
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  bbridges on Wed May 15, 2013 11:13 pm

If Renner walked I think it would be almost all his own choice. He apparently wasn't very happy with most of the Hawkeye stuff in Avengers and it isn't like he doesn't have a lot of other options. He took absolutely every high profile opportunity that came his way post-The Hurt Locker and seems now like he regrets at least some of them.
bbridges
bbridges

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed May 15, 2013 11:20 pm

You'd think he'd regret Hansel and Gretal: Witch Hunters more.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Wed May 15, 2013 11:31 pm

I really enjoy Renner on screen, but everything I've read about him suggests he's one of those "I am an acteur!" pretentious breeds, despite his middling resume and the fact that he was totally born to play dudes who wave guns around and don't necessarily have any other characterization. It would be sad if he sacrificed his new found stardom for ego, when he's really just been like any other working/struggling actor for so long.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:39 am

Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:04 pm

Kiran wrote: Chris Pratt lands lead in Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm excited because hes actually perfect for this and I love him and think he deserves to be a big star and also because this means he has to get in shape again. I am shallow, yes.
Well, this is all going according to plan. Yowza.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:37 pm

WOW. I am so used to him as Andy on Parks and Rec, he looks like a completely different person now!
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Daaaaaaammmmnnnnn!
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  nikita on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:56 pm

I know, right? Hot damn.

His P&R coworkers' responses are delightful:

@RobLowe: “@prattprattpratt: You CANNOT return to Pawnee like that!

@JimOHeir: Damn. Now they'll never be able to tell us apart. #twins #GOTG #nodeserteveragain

@unfoRETTAble: STOP IT!!!!!!! Look at YOOOOUUU papi. #NotMadAtIt

nikita

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:08 am

And then the next film will have him gain 60 pounds. It'll be hilarious watching that before and after.
Cutebutpsycho
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:02 am

EW shows off "Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter"

Squee! More Hayley Atwell as Peggy! And Dominic Cooper as Howard Stark!

Maybe it was the fact that it was the 4th of July, but when I rewatched Captain America: The First Avenger last week, I came to the conclusion that it's my second favorite of the Phase One movies, right behind The Avengers. It's hella fun, and everyone gets a chance to shine. In fact, the only downside to the news that Peggy's getting her own spin-off short film is that it doesn't seem to include Tommy Lee Jones back as Colonel Phillips. Not that Peggy can't handle him on her own, but part of me wants to see TLJ's dry, wry delivery rip Bradley Whitford's character a new one after he refers to Peggy as "Captain America's girlfriend".
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:01 pm

It's third for me behind Iron Man and Avengers (in that order), but I'm very glad that she's getting a chance to get back to the character and maybe we'll see her in some form in either Winter Soldier or Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:53 am

So, perhaps it's because I went in unhyped and with no real expectations, but I really enjoyed The Wolverine. It was pretty much what I wanted out of Wolverine's Japanese Adventure.

Though I wonder why some of the reviews say the timeline of the movie is "confusing". It pretty clearly takes place after The Last Stand. I mean, it isn't even murky.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:50 am

I can't pin down anything I disliked about the movie; but I also can't really point to anything that piqued my interest. Everything felt just a little too overcooked. Even the mid-credits scene was like just one minute too long.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:23 pm

io9's "The Wolverine:  Spoiler FAQ" is hilarious.  It totally nails the plot points that made me scratch my head.  The best line, though, was:

Spoiler:
How awesome was the post-credits scene?

Pretty awesome. Although you have admit there could not be a more dickish way of approaching Wolverine than by having Magneto stop him in a airport security line. Clearly, Professor X was like, “Oh, I’ve come back from the dead and he’ll be overjoyed to see me, not to mention that he’ll be understandably shocked that we’re working together, so it’s obviously best for all concerned that I approach him first. So here’s what I want you to do — go hassle him at the line and just when he’s about to go crazy, I’ll wheel up like a badass!”
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:54 pm

I haven't seen it yet, so I won't click on that but this article has me intrigued for non, Hugh Jackman be fine, yo, reasons.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:53 pm

What's most amazing about the movie is that, somehow, every single point in both those articles is accurate. It
Spoiler:
TOTALLY passes the Bechdel test, and everything the director said about Mariko's character and the other women is true, and yet it is still fairly stupid plot-events wise and less than the sum of its parts. However, it is obviously still better than the other Wolverine movie which was so bad I literally can't remember what it was called.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Officially, it was X-Men Origins: Wolverine but it was mostly referred to/promoted/written up as just Wolverine. So the main difference this time is adding a definite article.

I enjoyed it, though the plot was ridiculous and the bottom completely fell out in the last act. It was still less ridiculous than it could've been, and the movie was about as character-driven as action-franchise blockbusters get these days. It was nice that the whole fucking world wasn't at stake this time. And I really appreciated it picking up where Last Stand left off, as that was the last X-Men movie I bothered to see.

I could've done without:
Spoiler:
the self-surjery scene, though. ICK ICK ICK. Actually, I'm still not sure how much point there was to inhibiting his powers--like, it took forever for him to even notice. Also, when I plunk down my hard-earned cash for a movie about a superhero, I do so because I want to see the superhero do his (or her) thing. If it's Spidey, he'd better climb walls and sling webs. If it's Batman, he'd better brood and use fancy gadgets. If it's The Wolverine, he's going to have adamantium claws and heal from everything. He spends a good chunk of the movie unable to recover and then you cut his claws off? WHAT WAS THAT? Kryptonite moments should only be moments, not the entire second act. Also, the bone-claws he grew were gross-looking, and I'd be perfectly happy to sacrifice continuity if he has the metal ones back in the next movie.

And as ridiculous as it was at the end, I still didn't totally dislike that part, even with totally confused as to what the hell was going on and why. I think with the last fight scene--and like, all of Viper's character--it felt less like a live-action movie and more like a cartoon I could've watched when I was younger.

My bladder (and my Dr Pepper addiction) really appreciated the tag scene coming so early in the credits.

Ultimately, if I didn't have air conditioning at home? I'd go back and see it some more.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:06 pm

I just came back seeing it, and while there were parts where I scratched my head, I, honestly, went along for the ride and enjoyed it. I love Hugh Jackman as Wolverine and seeing Wolvie be all animal and fighting with his claws is always the best in the X-men cinematic world. Ugh, that man is so handsome!

I pretend that X-men 3 never happened, and I don't know the comic book X-men universe, and I went in un-spoiled, but even I knew this was taking place after the events of X-men 3.

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:54 pm

I choose to believe this is true. I would kill for a Captain Marvel movie and Katee Sackhoff would be so perfect! This needs to happen.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:11 am

I knoooooow! How exciting.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:29 pm

I would be first in line for a Captain Marvel movie, especially one with Katee Sackhoff in the lead.
Melk
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley on Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:03 am

This article tells a different story.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:56 am

Swarley wrote:This article tells a different story.  
Not really. That post is about the possibility of a female-led movie, which Marvel has punted on until at least Phase 3 (jerks), but Sackhoff said they were in talks for something early next year, which would probably be Age of Ultron. So they could be introducing the character in that movie.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:24 am

Just watched the full Agent Carter One Shot on the Iron Man 3 BluRay. Oh dear Lord, Marvel, please make an Agent Carter TV show with Hayley Atwell and Dominic Cooper. Please.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 24 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15 ... 24  Next