The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post  vwlphb on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:07 am

ABC orders a pilot of S.H.I.E.L.D. directed by Joss Whedon, and written by Joss, Jed Whedon, and Maurissa Tancharoen (who were co-writers on Dr. Horrible).

There's already a petition to save it from cancellation. It is a Joss show, after all.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:02 am

vwlphb wrote:There's already a petition to save it from cancellation. It is a Joss show, after all.

Okay, that made me laugh really, really hard! It's good to get a head start on these things!
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:56 am

vwlphb wrote:ABC orders a pilot of S.H.I.E.L.D. directed by Joss Whedon, and written by Joss, Jed Whedon, and Maurissa Tancharoen (who were co-writers on Dr. Horrible).

There's already a petition to save it from cancellation. It is a Joss show, after all.

I'll be interested to see if the Whedon team will be involved after the pilot. I can't imagine Joss is going to have time to run a tv show and write/prep for Avengers 2.

Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:52 pm

The Splash Page has more details:
Whedon said that the TV show is not an "Avengers" spinoff and is "meant to be 'autonomous' to the film storylines," although he reserves the right "to pepper in bits here and there." Tancharoen and Jed Whedon will serve as showrunners, with Joss Whedon only showing up once in a while to "take credit for everything."

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:54 pm

I am so excited for this show already! I really liked Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen's work on Doctor Horrible.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya on Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:24 pm

So much great Joss news, yay! And the petition cracked me up.
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:48 pm

Here's hoping that this mark's Clark Gregg's triumphant return to television! And that Cobie Smulders can get out from under the undying corpse of HIMYM to join him.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:26 pm

I am pretty sure this is the last year of Colbie Smulders, I believe it's the last year of all of the casts contracts, whether or not she will re-up again when the show undoubtedly gets picked up is another matter.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:37 pm

laddical wrote:Here's hoping that this mark's Clark Gregg's triumphant return to television! And that Cobie Smulders can get out from under the undying corpse of HIMYM to join him.

I would absolutely sign up for An Hour With Agent Coulson every week. I love the idea of seeing SHIELD's day to day routine when the world isn't ending. I hope it translates to network tv.
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:01 pm

There is word on the digital street that Thor 2 will have a Doctor Strange cameo, and they are courting Viggo Mortenson. Not one I would have thought of, but it's an interesting rumor.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:13 pm

I think that's inspired casting! He's definitely not the first person I would have thought of for the role, but now that I hear him mentioned I think he would be fantastic.

I was a bit worried that Benedict Cumberbatch would be cast as Doctor Strange, since he made few visits to Marvel Studios this year. I think he's a good actor, but he has given so many obnoxious interviews in the past few months that I'm just weary of hearing about him.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:33 pm

If there is a scene between Viggo Mortensen and Tom Hiddleston it will break Tumblr.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Iron Man 3 teaser trailer. Real trailer on Tuesday.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:50 pm

Trailers for trailers is such a dumb idea.

But whatever. I watched it five times in a row.

If anything happens to Pepper that does not result in her getting an Iron Suit of her own, I will be most displeased.

Edit: Also, I'm not at all sure how this news slipped through the cracks. Like, that was the only article on it I've seen since last week. I figured a bomb like that going off at NYCC would have been all over the net. Is it just because that was pretty much what everyone expected the moment it was announced that the TV series was going to be SHIELD-centric? Even so, I would think confirmation from Clark Gregg himself would have everyone in a stir.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:25 am

And here's the Iron Man 3 trailer.

Link

Seems like it could be a good bit darker than the last two and Avengers. Maybe the next phase of MCU is going darker leading to Thanos?

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:10 am

Nice. Nice. Off to watch it a dozen more times.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:30 pm

And, of course, a ridiculously detailed breakdown of it.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:03 pm

I do like the darker tone for sure, and hope they don't give up on that early in the film. I also like the idea that Tony has PTSD. It brings to light the whole where you wonder what these guys do when the big fight is all over and they go home. Superhero or no, there has to be some sort of adjustment and I really like that Tony - who seems so unflappable and just rolls along with nearly anything that comes his way - isn't handling the transition well.

I liked that breakdown because I didn't see the Captain America shield tattoo on the back of Mandarin's neck. I don't know anything about the character at all so it's an intriguing little detail.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:59 pm

Ugh, this looks so goooood! Is it May yet?? I'm digging the darker tone and the Tony whump. Cannot wait!
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:03 am

Ermagerd.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:12 pm

I guess I'm in the minority then, because I'm having the same reaction to this that I had to the Dark Knight Rises trailer (and movie). I go to comic book movies to have fun, damn it, I don't want to spend two hours watching Tony (and apparently Pepper) get beat up.
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Well, I mean, he spent a whole lot of the first movie getting the shit kicked out of him, and that was still funny and entertaining. Tony Stark as a character is never going to be as self-serious as Bruce Wayne, PTSD or not. And even if they wanted to make him that way, I don't really see RDJ going along with it given how much he loves Tony.
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:44 pm

He also spent most of Iron Man 2 literally dying, and it didn't make him all serious and weepy, it turned him into an epic douche. Which was still funny and entertaining. Iron Man (and RDJ) is a totally different franchise than Nolan's Batverse.

I am excited for Iron Man 3.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Escape on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:15 pm

Miss Moneypenny wrote:And even if they wanted to make him that way, I don't really see RDJ going along with it given how much he loves is Tony.

I fixed that for ya.

I also happen to agree. I think they're trying to make the movie trailer all Dramatic. and Serious. and it'll have a lot of fun moments like the others.
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Binky wrote:He also spent most of Iron Man 2 literally dying, and it didn't make him all serious and weepy, it turned him into an epic douche. Which was still funny and entertaining. Iron Man (and RDJ) is a totally different franchise than Nolan's Batverse.

I am excited for Iron Man 3.

They played up the entertaining douche side so hard in IM2 (and to a lesser extent The Avengers) that this trailer really had to do something different to catch people's interest. Although I will admit that blowing up the gorgeous mid-century Malibu Dream House is a little extreme. :)

(Also, and I almost hate to ask this, does anyone know know many movies Goop signed on for? I always fear for Pepper's safety and will even more if GP's contract is up!)

I fixed that for ya.

Hee, yes. As much as it annoys certain segments of comic fans, Downey and Stark are basically one in the same.
Miss Moneypenny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top