The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:06 pm

I dunno. I didn't like IM2 as much as the first one, but I think that I'm not one for the dark and angst, but it could've also been the NIGHT OF A MILLION BILLION ENEMIES also. This is just more of what I'm not really interested in when it comes to my comic book movies.

But that also ties into when they talk about Avengers sequels and hint at the Civil War and I'm all "NOPE NOPE NOPE."

I'll probably go see it anyways though. I do like the chemistry between RDJ and Goop and really, even a meh IM3 is better than a lot of stuff out there.
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:22 pm

I'm not that familiar with the Marvel universe. Wouldn't the other Avengers be helping him if he got into such deep shit? How will they explain their absences?

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:30 pm

It's one of those conundrums that plagues shared universes like this. How was Gotham City completely abandoned by the USA after the Cataclysm in the "No Man's Land" storyline? Surely Superman and the JLA could have helped the city rebuild regardless of Batman's "No, leave it to me!" attitude. You just have to assume that they all have their own lives and adventures that keep them too busy to help out when shit like this goes down. For example, it appears that in Thor: The Dark World, Thor's not even going to be on Earth. Captain America could be busy with whatever craziness goes down in The Winter Soldier. It's not a perfect system, but it's just one of those things like "How does Lois Lane not recognize Clark without his glasses" that you just have to shrug past sometimes.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:17 am

At least with Tony Stark, there's a fair amount of believability that he's going to go "Fuck y'all," for various ego purposes if the threat is against HIM and not, say, Earth. Which has been the plot of Iron Man 1 and 2 - he's the target.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:19 pm

laddical wrote:It's one of those conundrums that plagues shared universes like this. How was Gotham City completely abandoned by the USA after the Cataclysm in the "No Man's Land" storyline? Surely Superman and the JLA could have helped the city rebuild regardless of Batman's "No, leave it to me!" attitude. You just have to assume that they all have their own lives and adventures that keep them too busy to help out when shit like this goes down. For example, it appears that in Thor: The Dark World, Thor's not even going to be on Earth. Captain America could be busy with whatever craziness goes down in The Winter Soldier. It's not a perfect system, but it's just one of those things like "How does Lois Lane not recognize Clark without his glasses" that you just have to shrug past sometimes.

Iron Man 2, Thor, and the bit of Captain America where they find Cap in the ice apparently all happened during the same week, so I wouldn't be surprised if they did something similar for the next round.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 pm

And The Incredible Hulk too (because don't we see the footage from the news report after Banner hulks out on the university campus and General Ross tries to blow him up, nearly killing Betty in the process) on a TV screen in Iron Man 2 when Pepper kicks Hammer's ass for what he'd done at behind the stage at the Expo?

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:11 pm

It's actually on a screen in the SHIELD office where Tony finally agrees to be a consultant at the end, but yeah - the Culver University fight is being reported concurrent with the end of IM2, and the post-credits tag of Coulson in New Mexico puts the main story of Thor right afterwards.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Thu Oct 25, 2012 6:35 pm

Oh, I'm sure I'll see it - just like I saw Dark Knight Rises, I'm just not a big fan of teh angst. Or the whole "let's put the girlfriend in danger" cliche'. It's funny you guys saying there was angst and Tony-abuse in IM2 - I know I saw it at least once, but apparently it made zero impact on me, because I barely remember it.
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:40 pm

I don't mind if they put Pepper in danger as long as they also put her in armor before the end. Hey, it has precedence in the comics!
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:52 pm

Seriously. If there's a major, permanent change to the status quo for Pepper in this movie that does not result in her getting the Rescue suit, I will be very unhappy. ("Change to the status quo" being a euphemism for "ends up dead" - NO.)
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:34 pm

laddical wrote:Seriously. If there's a major, permanent change to the status quo for Pepper in this movie that does not result in her getting the Rescue suit, I will be very unhappy. ("Change to the status quo" being a euphemism for "ends up dead" - NO.)

Seconded. Although I have seen it pointed out that no one ships Pepper/Tony harder than Tony himself, RDJ, and I think the idea of killing her off would make him as unhappy as it makes us.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:07 pm

I can't imagine they're going to kill Pepper. And yes, I'd be devastated if they did. But in addition to RDJ loving the Pepper/Tony relationship - so does Joss Whedon, at least according to the Avengers commentary.

This is just speculation about the trailer
Spoiler:
but I'm wondering if everything we saw actually happens, or if it's part of Tony's nightmares (he does mention the nightmares in his voice over). Especially the part about Pepper being attacked by an Iron Man armor while Tony is sleeping next to her - that seems like something that speaks to Tony's fears and anxieties - that his being Iron Man hurts Pepper.
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:50 pm

Emily VanCamp is going to play Sharon Carter in the next Captain America. I'm...surprised. I was more excited about some of the other names floated.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:57 pm

I don't like it. But then I think about the giant hissy I threw over Chris Evans and I loved him so I'm trying to keep an open mind. But really, I don't like it. I wish they'd gone with the girl from the tag at the end of Captain America.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:24 pm

I saw this headline over there: Ant-man and Dr. Strange leading Phase III. How did that not hit my radar earlier?

That said: Approval. I has it.*

*-Pending appropriate casting choices.
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:36 pm

I watched the girl at the end of the tag on the OC and I have to say I'm relieved because EVC is a much better actor then her.

I'm kind of excited. She looks a lot like the comic Sharon Carter to me and shes a good actress. Shes playing a closed off, emotionally stunted character on Revenge, but I thought she was just as good on Everwood where she played the exact opposite.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:46 pm

I don't mind Sharon joining the cast or EVC playing her. But I'd like to see the waitress from "The Avengers" come back, too. She was cute and I really liked the deleted scene - for Stan's lost cameo and because it brought up Steve's artistic side.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:52 pm

The most exciting part of the Emily Van Camp article is:
Spoiler:
that Scarlett Johansson is going to be in Winter Soldier.

I actually kinda hope that the leading lady of the next Captain America movie isn't going to be Sharon Carter - because I think it's kinda creepy to date a relative of your deceased true love. But I guess we'll see how it goes.
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:20 pm

Chris Pratt lands lead in Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm excited because hes actually perfect for this and I love him and think he deserves to be a big star and also because this means he has to get in shape again. I am shallow, yes.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:17 pm

I'll take my Andy Dwyer chubby or buff, I'm not picky.

I really, really love this casting. He's such a scene stealer, I'm psyched to see him as a real leading man.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:52 pm

Wait, Van Camp and Pratt cast in the MCU simultaneously? What, did Whedon or Feige recently mainline their Everwood boxed sets?
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  pizzagirl20 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:49 am

Kiran wrote: Chris Pratt lands lead in Guardians of the Galaxy. I'm excited because hes actually perfect for this and I love him and think he deserves to be a big star and also because this means he has to get in shape again. I am shallow, yes.

Macklin, you sonuvabitch!

I don't know a whole lot about the Guardians, other than their random appearances in various Avengers books, and "I AM GROOT," but this casting intrigues me. Plus the whole rumor that:

Spoiler:
The after credits scene of Iron Man 3 might have Tony may end up in space. And he may make some sort of cameo in the Guardians movie, maybe tying it to Avengers 2, perhaps. I'd list sources for this, but I've read this in a few different places, so they all blend together. Sorry!

Also, I'm pretty excited about the casting for CA: Winter Soldier, as I was hoping they'd cast someone different enough from Hayley Atwell, so it wouldn't be a Peggy-clone. I hope they keep her blonde!
pizzagirl20

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:02 am

On hearing this news I immediately thought "Andy will need to get in Moneyball shape!" And was so pleased! Maybethye will have Andy get hired by the Pawnee police department!
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:34 am

I love Chris Pratt on Parks & Rec so much that this news makes me insanely happy. I've heard people complain about him being too fat but he was able to get buff pretty quickly for Zero Dark Thirty.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:44 am

Is he actually fat, or does he just dress dumpy on P&R?
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top