Movies I Have Fallen Asleep To

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Movies I Have Fallen Asleep To

Post  big chicken on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:06 am

Kill Bill Vol. 1. I've never made it to the end; thus, I have never see Kill Bill Vol. 2.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:07 am

Nerg wrote:I think this is relevant (warning: sound).

Hee. Very familiar scene.

In the theatre, I've fallen asleep watching The Pirates of the Caribbean and Batman Forever. They're both very noisy, but they somehow lost me. Oh, and I did nod off during Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. It was very good, but soooo slow; I couldn't help but space out a bit.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:24 am

Putli Bai wrote:And how about this - I've never fallen asleep at the movies. Not at the theater, and not even at home, at least that I can recall. And I saw Elizabethtown, which may be the longest movie ever made. (when we were leaving the theater, one of my friends asked if it was still Tuesday).

No way -that honor goes to The Aviator. It was so long. So, so long! I am pretty sure it was at least a week later when we left the theater.

A Few Good Men. Three of us went, and one friend was really into it. The other two of us kept falling asleep. Also, I almost fell asleep during Air Force One, but that was because we stupidly went to a 10:30 pm show after getting up at the crack of dawn to drive to Maine for a wedding.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am

The Aviator is loooong, but I love that movie! I wish they'd show it on TV more often. I never pass up A Few Good Men when TBS shows it either. I could never completely dislike Tom Cruise (I don't dislike him at all, actually) because Daniel Kaffee's rant right before the climactic court scene is hysterical!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:14 pm

Cache by Michel Haneke. My experience was slow french, slow french, slow french, chicken!!!...and then waking up to the dvd menu screen.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  xyzzy on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:22 pm

It took me a half-dozen attempts to get through The Usual Suspects, and I actually ended up loving the movie.

I fell asleep in a theater once, at Go. I've not yet seen it all the way through.

A few years ago I dated a guy who could only fall asleep to a movie. He'd pick one and we'd fall asleep to that particular movie for months on end. I'm the kind of person who has difficulty sleeping without total silence, so I endured years of torture at the hands of Braveheart, The Fifth Element, Se7en, and The Shawshank Redemption. These movies are unforgivably seared into my soul.
xyzzy

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:16 pm

My experience was slow french, slow french, slow french, chicken!!!

Mine was slow french, slow french, slow french, blood spatter, chicken, dvd screen. Hee, I freely admit that one was above my head and below my conscious mind.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:58 pm

I did also once fall asleep to Traffic. But that was kind of on purpose -- I was in LA visiting friends, I was super jetlagged, it was late, they wanted to see a movie, I had seen it already, and I took it as a welcome opportunity for a nap.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:16 pm

The only movie I've fallen asleep to because it was so boring I just couldn't take it was Appaloosa, that western with Viggo Mortensen and Renee Zellweger from a few years ago. It's also the only movie I've ever walked out of in the theater. I normally have a really hard time leaving a movie. I feel obligated to stick it out for some strange reason. But one of the friends I was with hated it as much as I did, so he woke me up and was like, "LET'S GO." So we went.

I think I also dozed off during the first Sherlock Holmes, but that was because we went to a late showing and I had already seen it.

Anything else I've fallen asleep to has been at home and because I started the movie too late. During school breaks I'll always start a movie around 11:00 because I'm not ready to go to bed yet and don't have to get up early the next day, but I always zonk out in the first hour.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Wilhelmina on Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:00 pm

At movie theatres I only ever drift off for a few seconds, so I don't really count that as falling asleep, but anyhow: Last time it happened was during The Avengers. Before that the latest version of The Three Musketeers. Both times it was during scenes where things went BOOM! for what seemed days on end.

I've fallen sound asleep to movies watched at home, twice. I did not make it through Eyes Wide Shut nor did I see all of Fight Club.
Btw: I'm someone who's seen Bal (Honey) and left the theatre feeling positively energized. In case you are wondering: I do not know what is wrong with me.
Wilhelmina

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:13 am

I fell asleep during Silence of the Lambs! But in my defence, I was drunk and it was probably a defence mechanism so I wouldn't wake up drunk, confused and terrified during the movie.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:09 am

The only movie I ever fell asleep at the movie theater was Moneyball. I was the lone vote for "this movie is gonna suck" but the other 3 people I was with wanted to see it so was a good sport and went along. I didn't even know I fell asleep but after the movie at dinner they were bitching about how bad it was (told you!) and were talking about a certain scene I didn't remember and BF told me I slept through that part.

I went to see The Hunger Games with the Wolves and Papa Wolf slept through the hugely bombastic IMAX previews which numbered about thirtyleven and then woke up when the movie started and stayed awake through the whole movie. Granted he was on pain pills but how he slept through all that noise and woke up when they were showing almost silent scenes of District 12 I will never know.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  oxymoron on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:57 pm

Yentl.

I fell asleep, woke up and fell asleep again.

I've had relationships that were shorter than that movie.

oxymoron

Back to top Go down

Post  00redsvt on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:18 pm

The English Patient. I was little, my movie had finished so I went to sit with my mom who was still in her movie and BAM. Out like a light. Hasn't happened since but Black Hawk Down is like Ambien for my husband. It is my all time favorite movie, watch it quite a bit, and he's never made it past the initial crash. We've been together almost 10 years, and it's a big running joke between us whenever I pull it out to watch.

00redsvt

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat on Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:36 pm

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. I hate Chevy Chase. I wish I had fallen asleep duringCloser. The entire movie should have lasted long enough for the women to figure out Daniel is a complete asshole, which IRL is about six seconds or any distance less than three feet. HATE.
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:44 am

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. wrote:
Heh. That is the one movie I've ever walked out of. And I sat through Ishtar.
I fell asleep during The Running Man back in the day. It was an after hours employee showing at the theater I managed. I'm sure there was alcohol involved.
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:35 pm

The Hunger Games, I enjoyed the book but the movie bored me and I fell asleep.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:24 pm

year of the cat wrote: I wish I had fallen asleep duringCloser. The entire movie should have lasted long enough for the women to figure out Daniel is a complete asshole, which IRL is about six seconds or any distance less than three feet. HATE.

I hate that movie. Yes, the actors are good, but the plot is insufferable.  I am usually interested in dramas with complicated relationships, but I wish these characters had just been miserable far away from me.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  laurelin_kit on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:14 pm

Tron: Legacy.
laurelin_kit

Back to top Go down

Post  bloomtoperish on Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:22 pm

The Ring. Twice.

I still haven't seen it the entire way through.

bloomtoperish

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top