Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cosmopolis

4 posters

Go down

Cosmopolis Empty Cosmopolis

Post  Jordan Baker Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:57 pm

Saw it a few months ago, hated it, and feel weird about that because it's the first Cronenberg movie I've seen that I haven't liked. I've been wondering ever since if I just didn't "get" it so now that's it's being released in the US I've been reading reviews, but so far the only thing that's jumped out at me is Dana Stevens' assertion that the film contains "no graphic sex or nudity," when it fact it contains a full frontal nude scene (not Pattinson, obviously). Have we become so desensitized to actresses going full frontal that we no longer even notice it?

Jordan Baker

Back to top Go down

Cosmopolis Empty Re: Cosmopolis

Post  curryalley Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:19 pm

I don't know a lot about this movie but I am disinclined to see it just because Cronenberg can shut up about how Nolan's Batman films aren't art. If you don't like it, fine, but don't be a fun-ruiner.

curryalley

Back to top Go down

Post  00redsvt Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:26 pm

Well, I didn't understand the book or the movie. I really hate seeing Movies that make me feel dumb. Just really puts a damper on the whole evening. Like, did he die or not. I would love nothing more than for that to be cleared up for my pea sized brain.

00redsvt

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:40 pm

I think he died. Possibly. But weird, weird movie, definitely.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum