Kristen Stewart

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kristen Stewart Empty Kristen Stewart

Post  slmader on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:40 pm

[Whoops, no thread for Stewart, so here we go. - particle_person]
----
Kristen doesn't have her own thread so here goes: She's arrived in Toronto and the big news seems to be that apparently wearing Rob's tee shirt. I don't know how they can tell she's wearing his tee shirt when her coat is fastened but apparently they know more than I do. She also has a few minders with her. Hopefully she can get the awkward public appearances overwith and get on with promoting her movie which is why she's in Toronto.

ETA: Should we make a thread for her? I thought about it but it felt kind of silly to make a thread for her when she's only walking through an airport wearing her [ex] boyfriend's tee shirt.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Kristen Stewart Empty Re: Kristen Stewart

Post  Escape on Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:57 pm

There are many, many pics of her walking through LAX without her jacket on. Here's one.
Escape
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:52 pm

slmader wrote:ETA: Should we make a thread for her? I thought about it but it felt kind of silly to make a thread for her when she's only walking through an airport wearing her [ex] boyfriend's tee shirt.
I think you should go for it. The latest Kristen quote (supposed) about Rob liking to lick her armpits (!!) is worth a thread.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:24 pm

I am reading the interview, and I don't think it's going to do her any favors. The author is sympathetic, but the whole thing is so floridly written that it seems like awful real person fanfic.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Kristen Stewart Empty Kristen Stewart

Post  Jude on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:13 am

Totally agree. And who is she even talking about? I'm assuming it's Rob, but it's not terribly clear, given that for all her protestations of love, THREE WEEKS LATER she got caught carrying on with Pervy McPervson. Not to mention the fact that she sounds drunk or high. It really does make me wonder about her mental state at that time.

Here's the article, btw, for those interested.. Hope no one minds it's ONTD, but I'm too tired to look up where I saw it in the first place.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:56 am

Yeah, that quote would be gross TMI under the best of circumstances. Knowing she said it while having an affair just makes her sound calculating and cruel, no matter which guy it's actually about. The quote, in all its glory, for any who might have missed it.
“My God, I’m so in love with my boyfriend,” she suddenly confided, squeezing her fists and stiffening that little body with anticipation. “I wish he were here now. I think I want to have his babies.”

Had I heard her right? Wasn’t her “boyfriend” the one thing she never talked about? To anyone? And yet here we were. “God, I miss him,” she said, raking her hair back and exhaling a plume of smoke. “I love the way he smells. And him me. Like, he loves to lick under my armpits. I don’t get this obsession with washing the smell off. That smell of someone you love. Don’t you think it’s the whole point?”
God, like the cheating pics weren't embarassing enough. Hee.

The line about her asking for vodka during the shoot, then switching to white wine since it's morning? Yeah...I think girl's got some real issues going on. As someone who used to like her, what turned me off wasn't the cheating, but the feeling that she sold out big time in the past year and started to buy into her own hype. Now I'm wondering if that sell out wasn't something that she's been struggling with.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:38 am

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:12 am

I can't hate her. I've tried, but I just can't. I don't know exactly why...maybe it's because she's still VERY young, and inexperienced. I think she might still have a few good roles up her sleeve, if she plays her cards right.

The armpit thing, though? Gross.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:17 am

For what it's worth, John Cusack likes to do the same thing with his girlfriends.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:49 am

I don't hate her, either. I just don't understand her at all. I know she's young, but her actions don't make a lot of sense -- not just the stuff with Rob, but in general, with her whole "I'm so honest, I'm so anti-celebrity," and then developing a fragrance for Balenciaga? It's not surprising that one of the biggest criticisms she gets (other than the ridiculous no-smiling thing, which is actually nonsense since she smiles a lot) is that she's a hypocrite.

She did look pretty last night, but she seems to have lost quite a bit of weight. Kristen has always been slender, but she looked delicate, almost waifish, to me. I think the scandal has definitely taken its toll on her. No surprise there.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:34 am

I actually think she looks horrid. Dress is wearing her, ugly hair, the drawn in brows are weird. But I also can't stand her, so I don't pretend to be unbiased. But some of the pics are just odd looking.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:57 am

To me she always looks very awkward in any type of situation where she's dressed up. I cringe a little looking at pictures of her.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:28 am

Wow I don't think that even *looks* like her and it is a really ugly/risky dress that only someone more confident could wear well.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:31 pm

Now that I'm seeing all the pictures, there are some where I think she looks really pretty, and some where she really doesn't. I honestly think it's from the weight loss. It emphasizes her chin, and her face is now narrower, and it's...not attractive. But I think the dress up close is beautiful in its details. It's just that, as so many things she chooses to wear, it's overwhelming for someone as petite as she is.

I think. But I'm no fashion expert, so what do I know?

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:08 pm

That interview and some of those photos definitely make me think she's using a few substances. Not surprising, but I hope she gets through this time OK. She bugs me a bit, but I still want the best for her for some reason.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:11 pm

I can't tell if it's supposed to be sheer over her thighs or if the slip underneath just got hiked up while she was sitting down on the drive there or something. It's very distracting.

Also, yeah, the weightloss isn't helping. It very much looks like "way too much stress" and not "fabulous new workout plan".
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiammetta on Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:39 pm

Apparently on the Snow White commentary, Sanders is rather gushy.

I hope for the best for her, but I have yet to really enjoy her much in any of her roles. I feel like the reason she gets the roles she does is because she fits so well in the "normal girl pretty" category, besides having parents in the industry. But it's not hard to sympathize with her having to make all these public appearances exactly when it's obvious she would prefer not to.

Last edited by Fiammetta on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fiammetta

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:05 pm

It took me a second to realize what was different, but the "way too much stress" weight loss is a very severe look on her. I like the dress, but it's so impressive, it's wearing her. Like she wanted to hide.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:52 pm

I think she looks good in some pics, bad in others. I think it's the hair; she almost looks like a horse.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  UmaOprah on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:06 pm

Aww, really? People don't like this dress? I pretty much love it and want it for myself. I guess there are a lot of colored sequins/beading but that's totally part of its appeal to me; a twist on a dress that's been done before. The hair is boring but I like the color and it looks so thick.

You're right though about the dress kind of wearing her. If she would stand up straight and uncross her arms, she could own that dress. Like this, maybe? She really does always look like she wants to hide.

UmaOprah

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:33 pm

I like the dress, I just don't like it on her. Stewart, like Emma Watson, wears clothes that I would love on someone who knew how to stand up straight. Jennifer Lawrence would have rocked the hell out of that dress.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:30 pm

Okay, I just have to say that some of the coverage of this has been ridic.

EW talks about how brave and amazing she was for...wearing a dress basically

Huffington Post thinks Kristen is the only celebrity making real art

LA Times thinks she has "one of the most promising acting careers of a generation"

The narrative is just one constant, "you be proud of yourself, girlfriend!" refrain that I'd expect more if she'd been the one who was cheated on. Everything is so over the top and hyperbolic. I don't know if she's got one hell of a PR team or if they're all responding to some backlash that imo never really materialized in the media.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:21 pm

That Huffington Post "Art" blogger seems a leeetle too invested, if you know what I mean.

Here's another one from Moviefone that I found pretty interesting: Our Obsession with Kristen Stewart: Let's Move On, Shall We?.

I don't know. I'm so torn between, on the one hand, feeling kind of bad for her, and on the other hand, not. But if I never have to read another quote from that assclown Sanders, particularly about her, it will be way too soon. He makes my skin crawl, which again...really, Kristen? And I'm right back to not.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:33 pm

I think she is so untalented -- the only movie where I thought she's done an even halfway decent job was Into the Wild. The way the press is giving her a tongue-bath right now baffles me. I don't know if she has a great pr team or if there's anyone out there who legitimately thinks she's any good.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:42 pm

My problem with that article is this. I have zero doubt that her PR team are a bunch of overbearing, smothering micro-managers. I've thought this even before she cheated. But she's not a child. She's a 22-year old woman who grew up in this business. It is completely within her control to decide to conduct her career in a different manner if she wants. They work for HER. So ultimately I have to assume that the insane fame level she's been pursuing for awhile now is more important to her than personal control of her career.

I also can't really with the idea that he thinks he knows her character now based on a conversation at a press junket that consisted of, essentially, "You were great." "Thanks." Hee.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next