The Mindy Project

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Mindy Project

Post  puddingcup on Thu May 07, 2015 10:14 am

What?! I'm surprised and saddened. (Though I wasn't thrilled about the recent baby developments.)

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Thu May 07, 2015 12:06 pm

I hated this past season so don't really care but it's a good shot to end up on some streaming service since it currently has 67 eps NBCU will probably cut a sweet deal to get it to at least 80+ eps to make it more attractive for syndication.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli on Thu May 07, 2015 3:54 pm

I guess I'm the only one who really liked the baby development, or at least the way Danny and Mindy handled it together. Maybe that's why it got canceled! I do have Hulu Plus so I guess as long as it's picked up, I won't be too upset.

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Sun May 10, 2015 11:01 am

The baby plot line was why I quit watching. Two doctors--not just doctors, but OB-GYNS--can't figure out birth control? Really?

I may eventually watch the last of it, to see what happened (it's all sitting on my TiVo), but I would've been a lot more unhappy about the cancellation a few months back.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Sun May 10, 2015 12:09 pm

Poubelle wrote:The baby plot line was why I quit watching. Two doctors--not just doctors, but OB-GYNS--can't figure out birth control? Really?

I may eventually watch the last of it, to see what happened (it's all sitting on my TiVo), but I would've been a lot more unhappy about the cancellation a few months back.

I stopped watching because they made Danny completely insufferable - all the crap with his mom, not wanting Mindy to be part of his family, buying a damn condo without consulting her, acting like he got to control her entire life. I couldn't figure out why Mindy even wanted to be with him anymore.

I like Mindy Kaling, and I hope she finds something else interesting to do, but I am not sorry they pulled the plug on this.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Sun May 10, 2015 8:02 pm

mokey75 wrote:
Poubelle wrote:The baby plot line was why I quit watching. Two doctors--not just doctors, but OB-GYNS--can't figure out birth control? Really?

I stopped watching because they made Danny completely insufferable - all the crap with his mom, not wanting Mindy to be part of his family, buying a damn condo without consulting her, acting like he got to control her entire life. I couldn't figure out why Mindy even wanted to be with him anymore.  

I like Mindy Kaling, and I hope she finds something else interesting to do, but I am not sorry they pulled the plug on this.
See, and while I didn't 'like' that per se, I thought it was great that they weren't softening his character, just because he fell in love. From the very beginning Danny's been a jackass, and making unflattering remarks about Mindy's body, and being a bit of a control freak and a mama's boy. He was always a jerk, and I liked that he didn't stop being a jerk the minute he got into a relationship. Or, like most shows have it, the minute he becomes the romantic lead (which would have been half a season before they got together).

My biggest complaint with TMP is that they never seemed able to develop any female characters other than Mindy herself. They tried a little with Shawna and Betsy in Season 1, but then Shawna disappeared after the front nine along with Mindy's blonde friend, and so did Betsy's development. The only characters that got real growth were Mindy, Danny, Morgan, and Peter. Jeremy, as much as he was on the show and actually got scenes and lines (Betsy did not), spent all of season 2 without a story line, and just got the stupid love triangle with Peter in the third. And Tamra could have been interesting, but always served as more of a one-liner machine or a prop for Morgan. All-in-all, unsatisfying.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Tue May 12, 2015 5:44 am

dionneshea wrote:And Tamra could  have been interesting, but always served as more of a one-liner machine or a prop for Morgan. All-in-all, unsatisfying.
I really enjoyed Tamra's scenes, but it was clear most of the character came from the actress doing a lot with minimal writing. I hope to see Xosha Roquemore in more stuff--she's super funny and talented.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top