Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mindy Project

+25
Heather
Sheli
Author By Night
choubetcha
Kiran
Instant Monkeys
mokey75
ActonBell
dionneshea
emrie
jstilwe
Muggsy
biakbiak
Binky
Matinee
puddingcup
blixie
queenofdenile
Miss Moneypenny
Gallifrey Girl
nikita
Morning Angel
TiffanyNichelle
Shalamar
Paris, Texas
29 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Mindy Project - Page 4 Empty Re: The Mindy Project

Post  Gillian Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:47 am

Any chance the second episode was aired out of order? The beginning scene of Mindy and Danny in the subway felt totally tacked on. I wasn't paying super close attention to the rest of the episode, but I don't remember any overt references to the break-up (now is the time to point out all the break-up references I'm forgetting about).

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:21 am

It apparently was aired out of order according to TWOP but there were two scenes that mentioned the breakup during the episode, one was obviously dubbed when Peter is talking to Danny about dating his sister when they are cleaning the medical bus, he mentions Mindy and using his sister as a rebound but the next scene where Danny asks Mindy if she was okay with him and Peter sister's wouldn't make any sense if it hadn't been talking about their relationship.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:08 am

Huh, I didn't realize it was out of order, I just thought, as with most episodes revolving around Mindy/guest star and supporting cast, it was super sloppy.

One of their problems is Adam Pally and British guy fill the same niche. British guy used to be a womanizing douche...and he was pretty funny in it, too. Now, I am not sure what he's there for.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:01 am

No Jeremy at all for this one! Lots of Peter, though, and I'm fine with that - I actually love the character, and I like how he seems to be evolving. His exchanges with Mindy in the bar were hilarious (and he looked cute in that sailor hat).

Also:

I killed a spider!
That's funny - I BROUGHT a spider.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:12 am

"My kingdom for a gay husband."  That made me laugh a lot.

It was a pretty good episode. Peter/Mindy & Morgan/Tamra/Danny made for good interplay within each storyline.  I still feel that by breaking up Mindy & Danny, they're stuck treading water with Danny though.  He wants to be close to Mindy, but he rejected her so now, she's pulling away & nothing much can really happen?  

Also, what was the last shot of cufflinks or earrings?  Were they were trying to show that Danny or Peter's sister has someone else in his/her life (some kind of cheating) or was it harkening back to Mindy's Cinderella-behaviour (as she called it) & that it showed she left things behind at Danny's?
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:06 pm

Morning Angel wrote: Also, what was the last shot of cufflinks or earrings?  Were they were trying to show that Danny or Peter's sister has someone else in his/her life (some kind of cheating) or was it harkening back to Mindy's Cinderella-behaviour (as she called it) & that it showed she left things behind at Danny's?
The latter. Peter had just asked her if she'd ever actually done the Cinderella thing with her earrings and she was all squirrelly when she said 'no', and the earrings under Danny's bed were in the next scene (or two scenes later, but it was close).

I liked the episode, especially the somewhat bait and switch of Max Greenfield seeming like a really nice guy and then just having him be a straight up douche. Also, "It's Drawing Hour!"

I think this is the second week in a row that Betsy got more than one line. Progress! Beverly, too. I think they remembered they have other characters.

Danny sleeping with Peter's sister is only going to end badly. Honestly, what is wrong with him?
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:04 pm

I think they've made it clear he is a self saboteur and I think that actually does fit in with this.

The sixth strike line made me laugh way too hard.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:37 pm

That was Peter MacNicol as the rabbi, right? I forgot to check the credits, and IMDB is no help (they still list Amanda Setton as a cast member, for Pete's sake). Fun episode, and I loved seeing Tim Daly again. He is lookin' good.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:08 pm

Yep, that was him.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:58 am

To me, Tim Daly will always be the Wings guy who is not Steven Weber, but he's been fitting well in this show.  Also, like a fine wine, he's aging very well; very handsome indeed.

I'm glad that Mindy gave Danny the third degree about hitting on her now that a new guy was interested.  The way he's been jerking her around is not cool.  However, I have to say, sometimes the way they make Mindy so helpless, you wonder how she became a doctor who runs her own practice.  I understand the comedy aspect of it, but they take it a bit too far at times.

Last edited by Morning Angel on Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:19 pm

Yeah, I tend to get very annoyed with women who play the helpless little girl card too much.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Betsy not returning next season. She's barely on it now, though.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:43 pm

A shame, but yeah, they never gave her anything to do. Beth Grant (whom I adore) gets a lot more screen-time, even if it's just to say something weird about saving money by doing all her own dentistry. :)
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Fri May 09, 2014 10:43 am

Renewed for another season, but only 15 episodes. Hmm.

The season finale was obviously written as a possible series finale - very satisfying. I'm not one of the Chris Messina fangirls (not much, anyway), but I loved his slow smile as he saw poor Mindy collapsed and wheezing.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Fri May 09, 2014 7:38 pm

Hrm, well FOX did cancel three of their new shows (Dads, Enlisted, Surviving Jack), so its future/season length may depend on the success of next season's new shows. I wonder how expensive Mindy Kaling is, as well.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:50 pm

I may have lost the ability to speak or even breathe during Danny's dance. I know other things happened in the episode, and I remember more or less enjoying it, but what it all comes down to for me is Danny's dance. Like whoa. Whoa Nelly, in fact.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:48 am

We already knew Danny had moves, but dayyyyuummmm. Loved Mindy putting on her glasses to see him better.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:50 am

Mindy Project lost me with the last ep (Christmas). I cannot subject myself to an entire ep of Mindy obsessing about whether Danny is going to propose that day. I have no problem with them getting married, but why would I want to watch her be that stupid - have a conversation with him, for god's sake, don't stalk him in hopes that he's buying a ring. If you feel uncomfortable having that convo, maybe it's too soon to get married! Of course, I don't look to her for sane relationship practices, but I have zero patience with the "gotta get engaged right now! Today!" trope that is so often placed on otherwise strong and interesting female characters.

If the ep did not in fact go down that idiotically, please let me know and I will make another attempt to push through the beginning.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:37 pm

It did not. It wasn't the best episode, but it was fine. I'd try watching it again.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:14 pm

I thought they did a nice twist on the fact that Mindy wasn't going to wait or badger Danny into asking her to marry him, she instead she decided to focus on her career. She didn't dump Danny. She didn't throw an ultimatum in his face. She's still with him and is confident she's going to come back to him but there's no engagement holding her there and Danny is seemingly keeping it all casual so why not go?

Even though Danny has had this long-standing crush on Mindy practically since the show began, I think it's telling that Mindy is the one who's the most firm on her feelings for him and this relationship. She has gone all in while Danny keeps playing one step forward, two steps back.

I liked that they brought in the interns for Mindy to work with. The show had kind of shunted to the side Mindy's actual work as they sorted out her love life and once they settled her and Danny down, they finally turned their attention back to that side.

ETA I liked Vulture's take on it during their recap.

What actually annoyed me was the Morgan/Jessica subplot. She went on a date with this guy and slept with him but never said his name until the morning after?
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:28 am

I loved that Danny's credit card is the Catholic Rewards card.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:34 am

One thing I was confused about, didn't Morgan and Tamara get back together at the end of the last episode? Why was he going on a date and sleeping with Jessica!
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Genevieve Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:22 am

I really liked that she was encouraged by the head of her department (another lady doctor!) to go for this opportunity.
Genevieve
Genevieve

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheli Thu May 07, 2015 9:28 am

Bummer that FOX canceled this show after a much-improved 3rd season. I know it struggled a lot last season but I actually enjoyed this season. Also, a female-driven show led by one of my favorite comedians? Gonna root for that no matter what. Fingers crossed that Hulu does pick it up! Usually those rumors aren't so prevalent unless it's gonna happen, right?! <end wishful thinking here>

Sheli

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu May 07, 2015 9:55 am

I've never been a huge fan, but yeah I hope Hulu does pick it up and I think it's a NBC Universal Studios production, which is part owner of Hulu, so that jump should be fairly seamless.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum