Go down

Elementary - Page 4 Empty Re: Elementary

Post  MichiSichi on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:39 pm

MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:28 am

Oh, Elementary, how I've missed you. I thought this was a very strong beginning to the new season!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:35 am

I did, too! I thought Watson was going to clobber that slimy lawyer who sneered about Holmes.

Spoiler:
And, Holmes the Elder really exists!
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago on Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:31 am

Ha ha, it's like central casting is like, "need an actor on your show who embodies Daddy Issues! Let's see what John Noble is up to!"

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:15 pm

I love Morland ! So anyone know what the Interpol guy was talking about ..
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago on Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:51 am

I've probably said it before, but I'll say it again. I LOVE Joan's wardrobe. I can't think of a thing that she has worn that I wasn't like, "I would totally wear that if I was thin." I love how she is all about layering, asymmetry, mixing menswear with girly pieces, and just the right tiniest touches of accessories. The only thing I've ever gone "nope" about were her shoes. And even then, not too often.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:37 am

Yes! after each episode I go onto Worn On TV to check it out...
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:36 am

It amuses me to see how the show handles it: Watson is effortlessly stylish, Sherlock is utterly oblivious, Holmes Senior seems impressed though in adversarial way, Holmes Major, the brother, certainly appreciated her but he seems to have ceased to exist. The police colleagues are all equally and perhaps unrealistically professionally collegial. Though there was that one time she arrived at a gala and everyone did a Roger Rabbit. As they should.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Wed May 04, 2016 9:10 pm

I have been rewatching the series in the background as I've been finishing up my final projects. I've discovered that this is one of my favorite shows to rewatch. Even though I know what will happen, I still enjoy the acting and the witty repartee. I wonder how they will top the last few years' season finales. Do you think that they will have Sherlock faux committing suicide to save Watson?
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Wed May 04, 2016 9:26 pm

bookworm wrote:I have been rewatching the series in the background as I've been finishing up my final projects.  I've discovered that this is one of my favorite shows to rewatch.  Even though I know what will happen, I still enjoy the acting and the witty repartee.

The actual procedural mysteries are rather perfunctory and functional. Largely the pleasure of the show comes from Miller and Liu and their interplay, and that doesn't go away on rewatch.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago on Sat May 07, 2016 7:43 pm

Yeah, the mysteries have ceased making sense really. Twists for no reason, clues that seem more like maguffins. I'm much more about characters. And I am REALLY digging this ruthless cunning streak of Joan's lately. She was a surgeon and people always forget that surgeons are stereotyped to be the most coldblooded of the doctors. It's just so fun compared to how she started the show all about compassion and such as a sober companion.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Tue May 10, 2016 11:04 am

So what did you think of the finale? I was afraid that they were going to end with a cliffhanger where Sherlock fakes his own death so that Moriarty kills off Vikner. Then I was worried that he would shut Joan out of his life to "protect" her. I'm glad neither happened.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Tue May 10, 2016 12:52 pm

On the one hand, it was nice to see, in that last scene, how easily she breezed them past Morland's weighty speechifying. On the other hand, flitting on to matchmaking was a bit trivializing. She'd been doing so well heading down the road of moral ambiguity. I was really hoping Joan had been the one to kill off Vikner. But oh well.

Meanwhile: Being the leader of an international conspiracy group must not be all that demanding. The two we met had quite demanding high profile day jobs. Where do they find the time?

"I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped."
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Tue May 10, 2016 1:15 pm

It took me the entire season to figure out that Morland Holmes is Denethor. Duh.

I'm still enjoying the series as much as I did when it first started.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  bottle on Fri May 13, 2016 2:12 am

I too have given up on the mysteries for the most part. Mostly I am here for Joan's clothes and the relationships. I actually think they have a better and more accurate take on the Homes-Watson relationship than the British version and deal with a lot of issues better than the British version, I know I rage less against this version. Especially considering that their episodes are driven more by the mystery like a traditional cop show than the Brit version.

bottle

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Sat May 14, 2016 2:52 pm

Corvus wrote:Meanwhile: Being the leader of an international conspiracy group must not be all that demanding. The two we met had quite demanding high profile day jobs. Where do they find the time?  

Look, you don't become that kind of criminal mastermind if you don't know how to delegate.
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Sat May 14, 2016 6:20 pm

So is Sherlock right or does he underestimate how well Morland can delegate?
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum