Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downton Abbey (US version)

+46
themis
MLIS
salamandersam
chick binewski
Gallifrey Girl
Kookla
jennlynnster
jstilwe
Genevieve
bookworm
Fraoch
mokey75
Evil Lincoln
weathergal
Lily Rose
choubetcha
dionneshea
Heather
Poubelle
Gilraen
Francie Nolan
Shadowlass
laddical
VodouDoll
biakbiak
LadyGayle
mialoubug
mo pie
Instant Monkeys
naughty zoot
puddingcup
Crowbridge
wenchsenior
Tabby
Unlucky Bear
Morning Angel
Carrie Ann
mrinsouciance
sunni94
Jamie
slmader
Gillian
maxell131313
punzy
inversed
particle_person
50 posters

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down

Downton Abbey (US version) - Page 9 Empty Re: Downton Abbey (US version)

Post  maxell131313 Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:28 am

Golly gumdrops?!?! I'd expect that talk to come out of Cora's mouth, but Robert? *snort*

'Bout time Queen Mary gets blessed out by Tom, Edith, and Violet. Glad to see Carson's snobbery thrown back in his face. Those two are two peas in a pod.

And Spratt as Cassandra? HA!

I hope Bertie comes back and marries Edith and they live happily ever after.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:59 am

I was full of rage towards Mary, so watching her get ripped to shreds by everyone was just so satisfying. And I thoroughly enjoyed her expression when when found out Bernie was going to be Marquess. I hate that she got her happy ending while Edith is jilted yet again, but I remain optimistic for the finale.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:57 am

I had a feeling the Agony Aunt was going to be a man, but I did NOT expect it to be Spratt. Hee!

Little George bringing Thomas an orange was very sweet. Also, Edith coming to Mary's wedding and explaining that, eventually, they'd be the only people who had their shared memories. I really hope Edith gets her happy ending. She does seem to have a wonderful crew at the magazine - the editor (editrix, I suppose, to be correct for the era) and secretary are great - and her father seems to finally realize her worth.
Tabby
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:06 am

I was SO MAD at Mary for being SUCH a giant snatch. I'm glad her father cut her down, and I'm glad Tom gave her the business. She deserved it. But then I cried throughout the scenes of her talking to Matthew and Isobel, so apparently, I've forgiven her. Sort of. I do think she should have had to wait more than 13 seconds to marry Henry, though. And those two really had zero chemistry, aside from the scene of them in the rain a couple of weeks ago.

We better get an actual Edith wedding this time around, after all the false starts and TWO for Mary. No off-screen shenanigans this time, Fellowes!

Poor Barrow. Maybe he can work as George's nanny; they seem to adore each other.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:40 pm

I'm going to miss this show so much. I watched the BAFTA special yesterday after watching the Downton episode live on Sunday. And while the final episode didn't make me cry, I was weeping all over the place during the BAFTA event. I'm going to miss the Crawleys and their staff so much. And I really want to do a series rewatch now. I've forgotten how much I loved watching Sybil and Tom fall in love in the 2nd season, and how charming Matthew was, and how awesome everything that Rose did (after her first appearance) was.

I loved how Rose continued her awesomeness in the finale. She was always a good surrogate daughter to Robert and Cora (just as they were excellent surrogate parents to her), and her prying Robert's head from his ass was great. I loved that Isobel and Lord Merton finally got together, but at the end of everything, she was sitting with Violet reflecting on life. I believe Violet and Isobel were my true OTP of the whole series.

I love that Edith became the Marchioness of Hexton and got her happily ever after with a lovely man. Bertie really is great. I loved that she and Mary reached a detente, and finally seemed at peace with one another. I loved that Tom and Henry went into business together, but that Tom will still be working with Mary on the estate. Mary and Henry may be the ones married, but we all know that they're both married to Tom as well.

I enjoyed Thomas finally finding his place and getting to be butler at Downton. I love that Anna finally got her happy ending. (I kind of wish Bates were dead, so we'll just leave it at the happy Anna bit.) I love that Molesley got to be happy both in work and with Baxter. I loved all the scenes with Baxter and Thomas and Anna. I love that Mrs. Patmore has romance on the horizon. She deserves it, dealing with all those hormonal youth all the time.

So, it's safe to say I loved the whole thing. And I must get me back to England to visit Highclere.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:38 pm

bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:16 pm

dionneshea wrote:I loved how Rose continued her awesomeness in the finale. She was always a good surrogate daughter to Robert and Cora (just as they were excellent surrogate parents to her), and her prying Robert's head from his ass was great.

I thought it was just adorable that their daughter's middle name is Cora.  Though poor Mrs. Patmore (? I think it was) stepping in it and asking "not Susan, after your own mother?" Oops.

I finally got to watch this yesterday, and I just loved every sappy, over-the-top second of it. I did wonder if the TerribleDaughterInLaw was poisoning Lord Merton, but I guess we'll never know, and it really doesn't matter. I love that George will grow up with a butler he trusts and loves at Downton, just as Mary did, even if that someone is Barrow. I am SO RELIEVED no one died. And I was delighted that Edith married a lovely man who cares about her and who supports her work and daughter and is not approximately a million years old.
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9