What Are You Listening To?

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Are You Listening To?

Post  Raksha on Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:31 am

I've had 2NE1's new ablum Crush on repeat for, like, a week now.  Beginning to end, the whole thing is great. I especially love "Happy" and the acoustic version of "Come Back Home" at the end. So good!
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Tue May 06, 2014 10:35 pm

I recently discovered a delightful band called My Name Is You and their music is lovely. If anyone here likes artists like Ingrid Michaelson and Joshua Radin then I recommend checking them out. I've had them on repeat all week.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:18 pm

Babymetal, the result of a one night stand between J-Pop and Metal. I'm ambivalent about both genres, but their freakish offspring is glorious.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:09 pm

Ah, I love BABYMETAL! I randomly ran across them online a few months ago and now I'm obsessed. It's just so uniquely Japanese and weirdly compelling.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:38 pm

Raksha wrote:Ah, I love BABYMETAL!  I randomly ran across them online a few months ago and now I'm obsessed.  It's just so uniquely Japanese and weirdly compelling.

Compelling is a good word for it. I found myself hypnotized. It's weird, since I'm in my 40s and male, so the last thing I want to do is proclaim my adoration of a group made up of Japanese girls in their mid-teens, since that's just creepy. The music, however, draws me in.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:01 pm

I had never heard of them until reading this thread a half hour ago, and now it is safe to say they're my favourite band. Why are they not international superstars? Megitsune is genius. The whole aesthetic is genius. I need to go tell all my friends right now.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:09 am

I've been jamming to the synth-a-licious soundtrack to The Guest. I still haven't even seen the movie, I just heard the soundtrack was killer and tracked it down. It's so reminiscent of Drive (and obvs Terminator), right down to use of pink and 80's font on the cover art.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:10 pm

John Coltrane, Blue Train.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:48 am

A lot of Janelle Monae, especially Dance Apocalyptic, Electric Lady, Hell You Talmbout, and Yoga. Love her.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:34 pm

We do "Yoga" in my Zumba class and I love it SO MUCH. I missed class today, but did it in my office before lunch, just to get some squats in.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Swarley on Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:11 pm

Bad Username wrote:A lot of Janelle Monae, especially Dance Apocalyptic, Electric Lady, Hell You Talmbout, and Yoga. Love her.

Oh man, Dance Apocalyptic is amazing. I listened to it repeatedly when it first came out and now I may have to do that again.

Swarley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:40 am

Swarley, I know! So good.

katesti wrote:We do "Yoga" in my Zumba class and I love it SO MUCH. I missed class today, but did it in my office before lunch, just to get some squats in.

I wonder if it's something your Zumba instructor did or if it's in the ZIN release. I haven't been to my usual Zumba class for ages, but I would love it if they used "Yoga".

And because I love them both, I've been listening to Nicki Minaj and Beyonce Feeling Myself. Obviously that's not the official video, it's only on Tidal.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:37 pm

It's definitely something she did, because I sent her the song and helped talk through the choreo with her. :) The choreography is easy and also terrifically hard because squats squats squats - I should see if she'll YouTube it.

(Also, we all giggle really hard at "You cannot police me so get off my areola" every single time. My favorite line in pop music this year, perhaps?)

ETA: I had never seen the video for Yoga and it just made me SO HAPPY. What a delight that was.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:31 pm

How did I not know that Kesha Deconstructed was a thing? Who knew that she had real pipes like that? I feel like the world is upside-down now.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:08 pm

In her Rolling Stone interview (I think that was where it appeared) she mentioned hating the autotuning that was done on her stuff because, she said, "I really can sing. It's the one thing I'm good at" or something to that effect. Rolling Stone essentially mocked her for that later in the article. Nice to see she was right.
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  mrinsouciance on Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:51 pm

"Rocking out" during my lunch break to Mozart's Symphony no. 25 in G Minor from the Amadeus soundtrack. One of my favorite classical pieces, and probably my favorite version of it.

mrinsouciance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic View next topic Back to top