Nashville

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Nashville

Post  dionneshea on Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:30 am

OH. THANK. GOD! Juliette's child is not the spawn of Satan, and they actually resolved that quickly. I'm so used to daytime soaps where that reveal would be literal years in the making. I hope she tells Avery and that he actually believes her. They don't even need to get back together right away, I just don't want him to be a dick about it.

Maddie is getting so intense about this Deacon thing, I'm actually a little concerned about her trying to kill Luke or something similarly desperate. Puberty is hitting the girl HARD. Though it's realistic. I remember having a fight just like the one with the dresser with my mom. Possibly more than one.

I couldn't care less about Will and Layla. Every time I think we've hit the low bar on my caring, we seem to find a lower place.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:48 am

That conversation between Maddie and Deacon sounded very familiar. "Why didn't you buy one that was pre-made?" "Because this is the only one that didn't get an 'Ugh' or a 'Meh'." Hee.
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:35 am

Tonight's episode has left me so full of feelings. This show is killing me, but in a good way right now (as opposed when it was running through plots in a weird way & was not so good.)

I'm far too distressed by Deacon's cancer that you'd think he was a real person. Everything with Scarlett and Beverly just hit in the gut. I like this version of Scarlett, who is sensitive but not a total pushover.

It was lovely to see Rayna sing with her daughters. But stupid stupid Teddy who is getting blackmailed by evil Jeff Fordham over signing Maddie. I'm guessing they set up the plot to involve only Maddie in order to possibly have Teddy's paternity being contested in court or Rayna gets the contract annulled by invoking the fact that Teddy is not Maddie's biological father. Things may get really ugly... Makes for good TV though!
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:33 am

I love Jeff! He's like Nashville's version of J.R. Ewing.

Ugh, Scarlett's mom is the WORST. I knew she was lying about those test results!
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Shalamar wrote:I love Jeff!  He's like Nashville's version of J.R. Ewing.  

Ugh, Scarlett's mom is the WORST.  I knew she was lying about those test results!

The thing though with Scarlett's mom is that if Scarlett is AB- as she said in the previous episode, her mom could not have been a match to Deacon because there was no way she could have a blood type that is O like he is. (Because biology.) I guess the writers forgot to take that into account.  Because of that fact, I personally thought we were going to find out Scarlett was adopted or some other grand discovery.  Still, it was sad.

Jeff is a good villain.  You can see why he is desperate here.  Oliver Hudson does a good job here, because I did not like him on Dawson's Creek at all.  (I know he's done other shows, but I can't remember seeing him regularly in anything else.)
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:36 pm

That last scene was so heart-wrenching. And well-done. I didn't expect Rayna to just up and slap him, but it felt surprisingly natural. She's heartbroken. And now we have to wait another month to see the fallout.

I do like the songwriter guy - I'm guessing there's love in Will's future. I loved Gunnar's attempts at band naming. Highway Cheese for the win!

But Rayna and Deacon. All the emoji crying faces.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:17 am

I was waiting for that Rayna/Deacon scene and it really didn't disappoint.  I'm not sure I needed the slap, but given how cavalier he was after keeping it under wraps for so long, you could understand why Rayna reacted this way.  Heartbreaking.  I loved all the scenes between them this week, including Rayna giving a sly hand squeeze and getting him to come sing with her, and I love that Maddie is the committed shipper on that show.  (She did see the hand holding! It makes sense she would want to see them together.)  Any episode when you have the Stellas singing is a good episode.

Also, I agree with Heather on GFY who was saying there is nothing hotter than Deacon wearing his glasses and a very nice sweater paying bills.  This is grown up sexiness. lol  Bonus in that scene for Scarlett finally standing up to Deacon, and telling him that all this secrecy is driving her crazy.

Layla & Jeff is an odd pairing, but at least, it's using those characters in an interesting way.  And apparently, power play turns them on. *shrugs*

I did love Scarlett trying to explain to the doctor that she's in a band with her two ex-boyfriends.  Putting it all out there.  The doc also seemed slightly less annoying to me in this episode.  Baby steps!
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Thu May 26, 2016 3:38 pm

They better release that alternate ending with Avery and Juliette on YouTube or something, because that was bullshit. I get that they're trying to get someone else to pick the show up, but the only people I really, truly cared about seeing resolved were Avery and Juliette and they're the only ones who didn't get closure.

Everything else seemed SO rushed. And I get why, but still...
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Sat May 28, 2016 12:59 am

Agreed. The only people I needed rushed closure for were Juliette and Avery, so of course they kept that nonsense cliffhanger. This shooooow. I watched every single episode, stuck with it even when it was RIDICULOUS (which was pretty much always), and this is how they repay me? Shenanigans! Nobody's picking up your show, guys. You could have been great, but you wasted so many opportunities.

I was happy with Will's wrap-up (he's my non-Juliette/Avery favorite), and I'm glad Luke turned into a decent person. I've been over Scarlett and Gunnar as a couple for a good long while, but that kiss got me. And if the actors ever decided to actually become a music duo, I'd by every album they ever made.

The Maddie stuff was awful. I guess I'm happy it got resolved, but if I had to sit through her being so awful for so long, I would have liked to see her suffer more. But not, like, attempted rape suffer. Jesus. I just wanted to see her be in over her head and realize Cash was bananas and have to dig herself out of a non-rapey situation of her own/Cash's creation.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top