Justin Timberlake

Go down

Justin Timberlake Empty Justin Timberlake

Post  swsa on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 pm

Wrote an open letter about the homeless video tape fiasco. Where he says he takes responsibility even though it totally wasn't his fault.
I can't help but think of one of the many great life lessons my Grandfather has taught me... He told me when I was younger that "Sometimes, you are confronted with challenges in life that perhaps are not your own. And, when those moments arise, the right thing for a man to do is accept that responsibility, whatever it may be, and face it with honesty and humility."
As it pertains to this silly, unsavory video that was made as a joke and not in any way in mockery:

1. I had no knowledge of its existence. I had absolutely ZERO contribution to it.
He also gives a totally plausible explanation for why it was made.
I think it was made as a joke on me not having that many friends attending my own wedding(which IS kind of funny if you think about it).
Uh....sure.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Justin Timberlake Empty Re: Justin Timberlake

Post  Arabella on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:39 pm

I can kind of look at the video like a completely inappropriate best man's toast on steroids and buy that Justin wasn't involved with its production, but the apology seems insincere and it still feels like he's trying to excuse his friend for it.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Missed humility by a MILE.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  blooey on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:38 pm

That letter is completely tone-deaf and insincere. He should have hired the guy who did Paris Hilton's most recent one. Aside from sounding like the kind of thing she would never say, it was a really good apology.

I'm a little saddened by all this because fandom friends I've had for years and who I thought didn't suck are all, "STOP BEING MEAN TO JUSTIN," like this incident isn't genuinely appalling.

blooey

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:42 pm

I think it was made as a joke on me not having that many friends attending my own wedding(which IS kind of funny if you think about it).

Who came up with the guest list dumbass.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:30 pm

Yeah, I don't think he understands that the video wasn't 'silly' or 'unsavory,' it was offensive for a multitude of reasons. I think most people know what his friends thought they were doing - something edgy and kind of mean that's ultimately funny, like every best man's wedding toast. But most people just tell embarrassing stories, they don't humiliate the homeless and mentally ill.

The only good part of the letter was the part where he's going to make his friend do community service.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Jessica on Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:14 am

Maybe HE should give some money to a homeless shelter.

I can't believe he ended the letter with BOOM.
Jessica
Jessica

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:05 am

Douche. That is the only word that comes to mind when I think of Justin Timberlake.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:25 am

There are about a hundred ways that the homeless are treated poorly every day that I find to be offensive. When I was homeless, I experienced each and every one of them. This doesn't crack the list. It was stupid, tacky, and tasteless, but he's apologized, and I don't think that there's a single person sleeping out there on the street tonight who gives a shit about a dumb video featuring some colorful characters made by some rich guy for his rich friends.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum