View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Superman Movies

Post  The Dude on Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:10 am

This is a bombshell.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:55 am

I'm seriously geeked about that project!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:28 pm

I was so disappointed by Man of Steel that I am afraid of what will become of this project if Zach Snyder is involved. I wish I could feel excited, because the prospect of those two characters teaming up would make me so happy in any other circumstances.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:23 pm

I'm just wondering who will play Batman. That is, assuming that the Powers that Be aren't able to talk Christian Bale into coming back. I know he's said he's done, but I wonder if he'd be able to resist doing it again if Warner's threw enough money at him. I'd like to see him come back, if only to have two of the most iconic American comic book characters played by British actors in the same film.

But if not Bale, who do they get? I'm racking my brain for good-looking tall guys in their thirties who will be able to handle the physical demands of the role, can act, and aren't currently tied to a franchise. It's too bad Michael Fassbender is playing Magento because I could totally see him as Bruce Wayne.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:24 am

Time to call Adam West out of retirement!
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:31 am

I would kill to have Christian back as Batman for that movie, but I very much doubt he will. I don't think any amount of money would entice him much.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:10 pm

I'd love to have Val Kilmer back, but only if it could be the 1990-1995 version. Good lord, did I have the hots for him back then.
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:25 pm

So you actually want Val Kilmer and a time machine then!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:58 am

whatthedeuce wrote:I would kill to have Christian back as Batman for that movie, but I very much doubt he will. I don't think any amount of money would entice him much.

Yeah. So I don't have too much enthusiasm about this news. Seems like flailing by the studio to compete in this super-hero movie arms race that The Avengers ramped up. I remember how exciting it was when that really cool superman/batman movie poster showed up in overgrown NYC in I am Legend. That logo was so much better than the one from this weekend.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:22 pm

whatthedeuce wrote:So you actually want Val Kilmer and a time machine then!

Ooooo....yes please.

And a pony.
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Skyblade on Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:33 pm

I'd like to see him come back, if only to have two of the most iconic American comic book characters played by British actors in the same film.

They're probably going to hire someone from the UK in any case. Which, I'm starting to wonder if it's becoming less about humbling American exceptionalism, and more about making sure our lead heroes are white-looking at all costs.

Skyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:12 pm

Given the ending of DKR you'd have to think Gordon Levitt would be in the mix.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:47 pm

I totally forgot about that, but logically, you're right that JGL should definitely figure into the upcoming film!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:01 am

No, I don't think so. I believe it needs to be a new actor playing Bruce Wayne.

I'm also getting JGL fatigue. Guy's name is floating around everything. He's coming back for Batman! No, he's being courted for Doctor Strange! (And don't get me started on how absolutely wrong he would be for Strange). He's handsome, he's talented, but he doesn't need to be the first name on the short list for *every role*.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:58 am

I wouldn't be surprised if he's not in the film, but just logically speaking from the ending of TDR, he would certainly be under consideration.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:49 am

I don't think the character JGL played will be included at mostly because movie studios will be terrified to make a movie with a Batman that doesn't have the alter ego Bruce Wayne. JGL is a fine actor, but I can't see him as Bruce Wayne. I could see him playing Nightwing pretty easily, but I don't think that's in the cards either.

It's going to be interesting to see who gets the role of Batman. Conventional wisdom seems to be that that they HAVE to cast a big name actor to play Batman, which makes sense because this a movie that's going to cost a bajillion dollars to make, and they want someone who is a known quantity. Personally, I think that's a mistake. I think they'd be better off casting someone who is believable as both Bruce Wayne and Batman, which means the most important thing is getting a good actor. Sometimes casting a an A-list actor makes it hard for people to BELIEVE they're this character. If it were me, I'd be looking seriously at TV actors who want to break into film in a BIG way.

Alas, I doubt that will happen. EW already did an article suggesting Ryan Gosling (who I do like, but NOT as Batman).

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:37 pm

That's a whole lot of awesome/fun/joy/memories crammed into two minutes.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:38 am

Wow. That was really well done. And beyond the walk through memory lane, the other thing that struck me was how much I love John Williams theme, but the Hans Zimmer music still gives me goosebumps when I hear it.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:06 pm

Meet Wonder Woman! I'm only familiar with her from the last couple of Fast & Furious movies. She's a bit twiggier than I'd like, but I don't think she's a bad choice.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:10 pm

I don't know the actress enough (never watched any F&Fs), but she seems fine. I'd like to see her sporting a bit more guns, but that certainly can be achieved between now and shooting starting. Let's not forget what Bale looked like when he was cast as Batman.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:37 pm

Her face makes me think of Morena Baccarin. Who was frequently touted for Wonder Woman in the period between Lucy Lawless being everyone's choice and Cobie Smulders.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:27 am

In a perfect world Gina Torres would have been Wonder Woman.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee on Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:32 am

bookworm wrote:In a perfect world Gina Torres would have been Wonder Woman.
Agreed.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:03 pm

Matinee wrote:
bookworm wrote:In a perfect world Gina Torres would have been Wonder Woman.
Agreed.
Not only would she be awesome, but the ensuing fanboy dramaz would be epic. Batffleck AND an African-American Wonder Woman?

Not enough popcorn in the world, my friends.
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:31 pm

RiverThames wrote:I don't know the actress enough (never watched any F&Fs), but she seems fine.  I'd like to see her sporting a bit more guns, but that certainly can be achieved between now and shooting starting.   Let's not forget what Bale looked like when he was cast as Batman.
He was also Christian Bale though...not a former beauty pageant queen whose biggest acting job was as the 8th lead in a few Fast and the Furious films. Clearly WB is going all out here. This is pretty embarrassing imo. A 3rd tier character like Black Widow gets Scarlett Johanssen, while the most famous female superhero of all-time gets that girl from the Fast and the Furious franchise who isn't Jordana Brewster or Michelle Rodriguez. This isn't casting that implies they have any interest in letting this character ever stand alone.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top