Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Superman Movies

+31
Muggsy
Melk
dionneshea
ActonBell
Cynara
Gallifrey Girl
TiffanyNichelle
Algae
Raksha
Coneycat
Bad Username
Matinee
UmaOprah
Agent Sculder
Putli Bai
Eris Rising
ulkis
Kiran
bookworm
year of the cat
The Dude
sagitare
sen3
whatthedeuce
swsa
QueenSix
jennlynnster
laddical
RiverThames
Skyblade
Wildog27
35 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Superman Movies - Page 8 Empty Re: Superman Movies

Post  Red Wolf Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:20 pm

It's better than the Adrianne Palicki thing, that's for sure. More on the Xena side.

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:19 pm

I actually like it! I could do without the 3-inch heels, but it totally works as a gritty-reboot redesign and it's not all about her boobs. I'll take it.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:20 pm

As the photo of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman didn't send this thread into overdrive, it looks like we've taken River Thames' suggestion of cautious skepticism on board? Or we all went to see Guardians of the Galaxy and forgot about the photo. Heh.

Anyway, the latest is that they're releasing the Dawn of Justice flick two months earlier than they said they would. It's coming out on March 25 2016. I expect there will be some crowing in places that Warners blinked first when it came to having both this and Captain America 3 open on the same day and perhaps that's what it is. (I just don't like that attitude. Do as I say and behave yourselves, internet loo-lahs!)

They also have set out the release dates for some mystery DC comic films.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Release dates that are unconnected to actual ideas of films pushes me further away from "cautious" and closer towards "skepticism".

That said, I actually really like the Wonder Woman look. But I've always been of the school of thought that, "If you need to solve a mystery, call Batman. If you need to keep a comet from crashing into the Earth, call Superman. But if you need to stop a war... call Wonder Woman."
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:29 pm

Between Gal and Henry, I'll probably never see the whole movie because I'll have passed out within the first half hour at every viewing.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:57 pm

I just love how WB is trying to spin the move as, "Well, we didn't really think they were going to be able to put a movie out on that date because 'sources'. But then it turned out they could and you know... there's no such thing as a bad week for opening a movie anymore."

For one thing, whatever "sources" you use to spy on Marvel that told you they weren't going to be able to put a movie out on a particular weekend in May, 2016, need to be fired (out of a cannon). The only movie I'd wonder about making its release date is Ant-Man (now less than 11 months to release and not a frame shot, while a movie coming out eight months later just wrapped principal photography). But Captain America 3? That couldn't possibly have ever really been a question.

And as for "no such thing as a bad week"... maybe. But you're still the guys who blinked. You're the ones that moved. Captain America threw his mighty shield, you chose to oppose that shield... and yielded. And we're still a long way away from people assuming that putting a movie out in February or March is anything but a sign of no confidence.

I thought Gal's promo pic was beautiful. But we are still so very far from me being as excited about Superman and Batman being a movie together as I should be.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:45 pm

We don't have a DC movies thread but Superman is pretty much involved in all these so I'm covered:

Nine films on the way from DC comics including a Wonder Woman film. I'm sure there will be moments later on when I sit and shake my head at production news but right now, I'm going to go with Yay! I'm excited!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:25 pm

You know on the whole Marvel films are much better than DC's (I love Nolan's Batmans and I loved the casting of the latest Superman though), but I got to give it to them for actually greenlighting and dating films with POC and female leads.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:24 pm

Kiran wrote:You know on the whole Marvel films are much better than DC's (I love Nolan's Batmans and I loved the casting of the latest Superman though), but I got to give it to them for actually greenlighting and dating films with POC and female leads.

Though I half wonder if that's half the PR ploy. "Oh, yeah, we've got stuff slated with a female lead and a POC lead. How you like them apples, Marvel?" I mean, I do think it's great they are doing that, but... a Cyborg solo? Has there ever been a Cyborg solo comic?

(Though Cyborg is probably the most prominent POC hero in DC who isn't a sidekick, a 2nd or 3rd holder of a legacy title or explicitly defined by his race. So he does work well in that regard.)
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:45 pm

Even if it is a gimmick, its one that does increase visibility. And I think it might be because they appear to be following the new 52 model which has Cyborg as a founding member of the Justice League.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:50 pm

I tend to think that the value of this announcement is in the "fuck you, marvel" side of things because I *don't* hold out hope that these movies will be as good as they could be. BUT... there's a possibility. There's no reason these movies *have* to suck. I mean, I enjoyed the heck out of Man of Steel. But that's a minority opinion, I think. I just have gotten such a bad feeling from all the news coming out of Dawn of Justice that I'm finding it hard to be optimistic that all the spin-offs won't be tainted out of the gate.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:54 pm

All that said, a full articulated six-year plan is nothing to sneeze at.  If nothing else, it shows they're taking the franchise-building very seriously.

Now, if the plan was to eventually hit 2024, and do a full-on Crisis On Infinite Earths where EVERY SINGLE version of a DC Hero that has ever appeared in live-action all show up one way or another, that ends in a Rebooted DC Universe with the kid who plays Bruce on Gotham as Batman.... Mad respect.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:13 pm

Oh I have no doubt most of these movies are going to be...lets just say Zack Snyder's involvement says it all.

Also I am boggling at the casting of Ezra Miller as Barry Allen...like....what?....I think hes a great actor but....are we going to build a DeLorean so we can cast Klaus Kinski as Captain Marvel?
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:33 am

laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:44 am

I haven't watched it yet-- I'll wait for a proper leak. I can't deal with some filmed-a-screen-with-my-phone mess. 1080HD or go home!
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:10 am

Yeah. I don't really understand studios being so precious about trumped up advertising material. Just release the damn thing. This whole "make an appointment to see it in IMAX" bullshit is... Well, it's bullshit.

That said, the trailer really makes me wish this was just a "World's Finest" movie so I can geek out about Clark and Bruce together for the first time in live action. Unfortunately, all the extraneous baggage - Diana, Lex, Arthur, Cyborg, maybe/maybe not Barry - is killing my buzz.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:55 pm

It IS bullshit and I've been side-eyeing whoever makes these decisions at WB ever since they aired that trailer of MoS at Comic Con and never showed it to anybody else. I get that they want to have special events for the fans at these things but what about the rest of us who will never get near Comic Con. We still deserve to see exciting footage!

Well, I know I do at any rate.

I've said this elsewhere but my expectations for this are low. I'll go see it in the cinema naturally but I'm not excited like I was for MoS.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:19 pm

Official trailer is now on the movie's Facebook page but my phone can't figure out how to link it from the app so you'll just have to do your own legwork.

The "We know better now" line is clearly Jesse Eisenberg. Lex trying to talk Bruce into something? I also think he's the one you hear growling "Alien!" like a curse word.

"Power corrupts" is Holly Hunter. Since we haven't been told who she's playing yet, I'm going to assume she's playing Helen "Elastigirl" Parr.

I think "Do you bleed?" is a fake-out. It's not Bruce saying it - probably Metallo. I hear zero Affleck under that modulation.

And dayum, Mr. Garner looks goooooooood.

And I could be wrong, but the abandoned building with the graffiti all over looks like the train station where Kal killed Zod.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:31 pm

Holly Hunter's voice is so damn distinct.

I'm kind of not worried about the extraneous baggage. I'm guessing that it's mostly there to show there's a larger world than just Clark & Bruce, and upcasted NOW in order to lock actors in. If I'm guessing right, they're there as worldbuilding rather than plot pieces.

But we'll see. Lord knows it's impossible to hazard a guess from the teaser.
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:16 am

And that's Jeremy Irons talking about what happens when good men feel powerless.

So the mess left in Metropolis after Supes vs Zod feeds into the plot and was more or less supposed to happen then? I know it's not everyone's favourite film but when opinion piece after blog post appeared decrying it, it gave me the pip. I expect cities to be levelled when two super beings fight in the street, especially if one is hell bent on destroying the planet and the other is new to the superhero game.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:12 am

I liked the trailer, although I do question the wisdom of releasing it just after Star Wars made so many people lose their minds. Give the geeks some time to recover already! I think the idea of the general populace seeing Superman as a threat rather than someone who wants to help makes sense. After all, the guy did kinda help lay waste to a major city! And I can totally see Batman wanting to check this guy out for himself.

Once again though, by biggest complaint about the DC Universe is that it is so joyless and generally devoid of humor. For all that people disliked Superman Returns, I really appreciate the fact it wasn't trying to be dark or edgy. As far as I'm concerned, the only problem with that movie is Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:53 pm

New trailer from Comic Con

I thought I was 'meh' on the film but I'm really not. I'm going to be there opening day at the earliest screening I can find because Superman and CAVILL so I can't even pretend to be cynical or very critical about this trailer.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:29 pm

Henry Cavill in glasses should be illegal. *fans self*

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:36 am

As far as I'm concerned, one of the best things about that trailer is seeing Wonder Woman in action. I didn't hate Man of Steel, but I wasn't crazy about it either, so the fact this movie will have Wonder Woman in it is actually it's best selling point. I'm also into the idea that all that destruction in Metropolis DOES have some consequences in this film.

However, I do feel compelled to remind people: Zach Snyder's movies ALWAYS have good trailers. The movie may be not so good, but the trailer advertising it will kick ass.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:55 am

I'm also glad that it seems there'll be consequences for all the destruction Superman caused even if he was, obviously, fighting off Zod and his crew.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next