Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grammys

5 posters

Go down

Grammys Empty Grammys

Post  Poubelle Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:45 pm

Nominations are out.

I think it's hilarious that they found a way to nominate Adele even though the only new material she's had out this year is the Bond song. I think it's horrible that Chris Brown got nominated at all.

And what the hell is the definition of rock anymore? Florence + the Machine isn't rock, but Coldplay and Mumford & Sons are? (I also think "I Will Wait" is dull and repetitive and a watered down version of what others were doing better decades ago, but I guess it wasn't hip young Brits doing it.)

I'm going to assume Fun got nominated because of sales. I refuse to believe anyone beyond U.S. drinking age actually thinks they're good.
Poubelle
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Grammys Empty Re: Grammys

Post  dionneshea Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:13 am

I think "Muppet or a Man" and Carly Rae Jepsen were both robbed. I didn't watch the ceremony, but that's what I've come away with after looking at the winners list. "Call Me Maybe" is the most bubblegum of pop songs, but I've heard it like, thousands of times, and I still love it. And there are very few people I know who hate it. I mean, I know they're out there, but usually by this point you're just wanting to rip your ears off, but I still sing along whenever I hear it.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:43 pm

"Call Me Maybe" makes me smile because I love all the parody versions, especially the Olympics ones.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:23 pm

I love how Florence Welch looked so genuinely elated for Kelly Clarkson when she beat her for...whatever category that was. Both awesome ladies, and I would have preferred Flo winning, but if I remember right, it was a pop category, and I don't consider Flo + the Machine pop at all.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  dinahmoe Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:23 pm

So, my college ex-boyfriend won a Grammy today. It's like his eighth, for classical mastering and production.
dinahmoe
dinahmoe

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:03 pm

dinahmoe wrote:So, my college ex-boyfriend won a Grammy today. It's like his eighth, for classical mastering and production.  

Was he a sk8r boi?
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum