Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jodie Foster

+2
particle_person
Paris, Texas
6 posters

Go down

Jodie Foster Empty Jodie Foster

Post  Paris, Texas Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:27 am

I was crying like Emily Deshanel and Kate Hudson when she spoke about her mother's dementia. Having lost two grandparents to dementia and having two parents with chronic health issues, her speech killed me.

As much as some continue to complain that had Jodie spoken about herself this openly in the past, she would have helped so many more gay teens etc, I am in total awe of how she talked frankly and without shame about her sexuality without giving the public the magic "I'm gay" soundbite. It's her life, and what privacy she has, she wants to control.

Having Mel Gibson seated at her right hand was very brave under the circumstances. I don't know what she sees in him, but I have to give her props for choosing her friends and living her life without apology, which seemed to be the theme of her speech.

Her ginger sons looked great as well.

Last edited by Paris, Texas on Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Paris, Texas

Back to top Go down

Jodie Foster Empty Re: Jodie Foster

Post  particle_person Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:49 am

Her speech. I extracted it from the captions, mostly because I wanted to see if I could understand what she said in the last third. It does make a bit more sense in print.
particle_person
particle_person
Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:28 am

As I commented on a friend's FB thread last night, at a very young age, the woman had to deal with the weirdness of having someone attempt to assassinate the president to impress her. She gets a privacy pass for life after that, as far as I'm concerned.

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:15 pm

I loved her speech, because it was so weird and genuine, two things Hollywood tries to avoid at all costs. The bits I could understand (because man, she whipped from subject to subject! I wonder if it would have seemed less crazy if her delivery had been a little less...caffeinated) especially about her sons and her ex really made me smile.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:52 pm

As many problems that I have with Mel Gibson, I do find her love of him kind of heartwarming. You rarely see that kind of unconditional love anymore, and I hope he realizes how special it is.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:27 pm

bookworm wrote:As many problems that I have with Mel Gibson, I do find her love of him kind of heartwarming. You rarely see that kind of unconditional love anymore, and I hope he realizes how special it is.

Despite what she said, the two of them would make for one hell of a reality show. And I agree, though with his obvious love for her as well.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum