Jennifer Lawrence

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Jennifer Lawrence Empty Jennifer Lawrence

Post  Eris Rising on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:14 pm

C'mon, we need at least one thread filled with an actress who consistently brings the awesome rather than the crazy. I'll start us off:

Jennifer Lawrence meets Jack Nicholson when he crashes her interview, freaks out as he hits on her.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Jennifer Lawrence Empty Re: Jennifer Lawrence

Post  Escape on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:20 pm

I. LOVE. Her.

The ET video of her family swarming her made me tear up a little.

I also really liked her post-win press conference. She's just cute.
Escape
Escape

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:21 pm

I love her. That Nicholson moment manages to be creepy and funny all at once. And I can only dream of coming up with a line to throw back at him as quickly as she did.

I definitely felt like all of Hollywood was in love with her last night. She manages to be the superhuman version of a "normal" person without it seeming contrived.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Escape wrote:I also really liked her post-win press conference.
Man, those were some dumbass questions though. I mean, as life-annoyances go it's pretty mild, but putting up with those yahoos must try the nerves. Why did you fall? What were you thinking when you fell? Did you mean to fall? Do you think this means you will peak too early? Jesus. She handled it all hilariously, but I appreciate how incredulous she was of such questions.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Even more hilarious is the photo of her flipping off the press room and then realizing that just because the video cameras have stopped, there are still people with still cameras and they caught it and the immediate pictures after where she's like, "Oh CRAP, I swear I didn't mean that! It was a joke! Delete!! DELETE!!!"

She is totally my favorite actress right now. Lifetime pass.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:58 pm

I suppose those are marginally better than questions about how she prepared for the Oscars. Which is substantially worse than any question asked of Daniel Day-Lewis outside of, "Would you have tried to free Don Cheadle backstage?"
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  KaveDweller on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:35 pm

there are still people with still cameras and they caught it and the immediate pictures after where she's like, "Oh CRAP, I swear I didn't mean that! It was a joke! Delete!! DELETE!!!"

Do you have a picture of the after pictures?

I liked her before because I like her movies, but now she may be my favorite celebrity. I started loving her at the Golden Globes when she thanked her brothers for being mean to her. Then yesterday on the red carpet she was talking about being hungry and Seacrest (or someone) said there would be food afterwards. And she was like, "oh, but the ceremony is soo long."

KaveDweller

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:46 pm

Here's the flipping off and aftermath. Apparently someone jokingly asked her if she was going to fall again on her way to the mic, and that's when she did it. Hee.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  FiggyPudding on Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:48 am

I continue to love her. Even though I see a lot of her personality come through in interviews, it doesn't take away from her performances for me. I can still buy her in a variety of roles; and sometimes there is a generic quality to her face that probably helps with that.

FiggyPudding

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:20 am

swsa wrote:Here's the flipping off and aftermath. Apparently someone jokingly asked her if she was going to fall again on her way to the mic, and that's when she did it. Hee.

Bwah! You can totally guess that she was like "I shouldn't say fuck you, there are microphones, I'll just flip him off." And then she forgot the still cameras. And that she was at the Oscars.
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:00 am

The slip on her way to the stage was so very her. I found it endearing. Also, I am always so floored when someone that young wins an Oscar. It's crazy to achieve something so huge so early in one's career.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  gannetguts on Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:33 am

I think she's a good actress, I find her adorable, and I really want to see Winter's Bone (I should just buy the bloody dvd already) because I've heard she's SO good in it, but I'm a little iffy on some ignorant comments she's made, particularly the one about her cat when she was on Ellen.

gannetguts

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:40 pm

I'm loving all the edits of her fall. It really was remarkably pretty. She chose the perfect dress to collapse in, hee.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:50 pm

swsa wrote:I'm loving all the edits of her fall. It really was remarkably pretty. She chose the perfect dress to collapse in, hee.

Ha, it really is graceful looking from that angle!

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch on Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Because of the opposite TV angle, I wasn't even sure at first whether she had fallen or was just overcome in the moment and had stopped to genuflect on her way to the podium.

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Heee, that's awesome swsa. No wonder all the dudes were like I CAN HELP YOU UP PICK ME.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:09 pm

particle_person wrote:No wonder all the dudes were like I CAN HELP YOU UP PICK ME.

HA! So true, didn't at least two guys (including Hugh Jackman) leap up from the audience to help her?

ETA: Nevermind! Saw the jif on Buzzfeed. Hugh and Bradley. And damn, they RAN to help her!

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:31 pm

This is why when people say it is like a wedding dress I am like WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST WEDDING DRESSES? Sometimes wedding dresses are Disney princess dresses. So there.

[*] I am in no way a romantic. Just want to make that extra clear.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:14 pm

Her and Bradley Cooper are adorable together. Not romantically, but I'm really happy they seem to keep wanting to work together. Its like Gosling/Stone.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Wildog27 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:51 pm

What do hate groups think of Jennofer Lawrence?

This is hysterical and simultaneously sad.

Wildog27

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:00 pm

I'm kind of angried up by how... reasonable... the Westboro Baptist Church guy came off.

If you're the kind of Christian, such as myself, who can comfortably go to an R-rated movie filled with sex and swears and not feel that it's a knock on your salvation or your faith or whatever....

THEN WHY THE FUCKING FUCK FUCKITY FUCK ARE YOU OUT THERE TRADING ON ONE OF THE GROSSEST, VILEST, FOULEST, MOST EVIL HATEMONGERING CAMPAIGNS I'VE EVER HEARD OF???? YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITICAL ASSWIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPES!

Ahem. Sorry about that.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed on Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:22 pm

Oh, that was hilarious! The Tony Alamo interview was my favorite. Any time someone wants to hassle hate groups is an okay time by me.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:32 pm

More awesome Jennifer Lawrence quotes, from SDCC.

Asked how the different generations interacted on set, Hutcherson answered, “It’s really cool because in The Hunger Games, we had tributes [of] all ages and everybody really got along well. The younger tributes [interacted] like it was a summer camp. And on this movie, it—”

“—was like a retirement home,” finished Lawrence. Realizing the comment could be interpreted as an insult, she started to explain, “Sorry, compared to ‘summer camp’ . . . ”

“That was really funny,” assured Hutcherson.
(via Cleo's LJ)

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:51 pm

I wasn't sure where to put this, but it was made possible by JLaw inviting her best friend to the Oscars, so here it goes: The Oscar ceremony from the POV of a civilian. It is hilarious.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Luciano on Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:04 pm

I love the Kerry Washington bit.

Luciano

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content