Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veronica Mars

+10
Raksha
jstilwe
violetq
epudom
Jude
Ji Xiang
Carrie Ann
blixie
SarahJanet
dday515
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Veronica Mars Empty Veronica Mars

Post  dday515 Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:35 pm

A kickstarter campaign to get the movie funded.

This is legit! (Read All about it)

And a direct link to the campaign.

dday515

Back to top Go down

Veronica Mars Empty Re: Veronica Mars

Post  SarahJanet Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:41 pm

I just contributed, which is my first ever Kickstarter contribution! I am STUPIDLY excited about this. That video was amazing and made me remember just how much I love this show. It's going SO well already I can't imagine it's not going to reach its goal and then surpass it!

I will be accomplishing nothing else today as I will be too busy hitting refresh.

SarahJanet

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Sweet I will be donating for sure! I hope this works out.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dday515 Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:13 pm

Its already halfway there. Unbelievable.

I really hope this is successful. Not only because I want the actual movie to get made, I think it could open up a great avenue for official fan funded projects!

dday515

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:26 pm

SarahJanet wrote:I just contributed, which is my first ever Kickstarter contribution! I am STUPIDLY excited about this. That video was amazing and made me remember just how much I love this show. It's going SO well already I can't imagine it's not going to reach its goal and then surpass it!

I will be accomplishing nothing else today as I will be too busy hitting refresh.
Ditto to all of this. Between this and The Postal Service reuniting and touring (I got tickets for August 2!!!), it's been a great month for 24-year-old Carrie Ann.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji Xiang Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:33 pm

Yes, so excited.

Already donated too, and I'm just... *speechless*

Ji Xiang

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:07 pm

I'm an official backer of a movie!! In all honesty, I think I may have waited my whole life for this moment.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:32 pm

Jude wrote:I'm an official backer of a movie!! In all honesty, I think I may have waited my whole life for this moment.

I was sneakily checking out Twitter at work and squeed when I saw the news. I've already had the thought that I'll obviously have to travel to the US when the movie comes out...

I've backed the movie and have spent the last couple of hours refreshing the Kickstarter page - nearly $1.5 million already!
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:46 pm

It didn't take long for the scolds to come out to whine about how people shouldn't "give" money to big companies, and that argument is annoying the shit out of me. If you told me that a VM movie was coming out and for $50, I could get the shooting script, a t-shirt, and the DVD, I would say "Yes, please, take my money." And I would understand and not care that that money would go to Warner Bros. The fact that giving that pledge NOW instead of later means the difference between the movie existing or not is like the magic icing on the miracle cake. It's hardly a donation.

And I don't care what you think is worth your $50. Maybe an Xbox game, or a ticket to a concert or baseball game. I would trade tickets to 10 baseball games for this movie to simply exist. This is the thing I want. Stop being jerks about it, Twitter.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  violetq Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:36 pm

This is awesome! I can't believe how close they are so quickly! I donated... $35 and you get a digital version of the movie- definitely worth it.

violetq

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:42 pm

It didn't take long for the scolds to come out to whine about how people shouldn't "give" money to big companies, and that argument is annoying the shit out of me.

Yeah I have a boatload of whatever for it too, but I think it probably has specifically to do with the ethos of Kickstarter/crowd funding, ergo something truly independent artists can use to fund their work and projects, because they don't have access to traditional streams of investment via corporations.

I kicked in for Dear White People last year and the Andy Whitfield documentary, and also a local Detroit doc, and I honestly don't see this as any different, from MY perspective as consumer/patron of the products being "started". Those three interested me, and this one does, so I'm willing to contribute to the end product. Also? This project guaranteed this spoiler whore SPOILERS in the form of the shooting script. Heh.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:48 pm

I want a Kristen Bell voicemail so badly! But I settled for $50, because my budget doesn't justify $500 at the moment.

$2 million in less than 24 hours! I bet they hit $10 mil.

ETA: Officially at $2 million, and holy shit, they're raking it in at approximately $5,000 a minute.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:05 pm

Right. I guess I just have a different view of Kickstarter than other people do. I don't see it as a charitable donation, or even a donation for ART's sake or whatever. My husband and I have mostly contributed to projects that would create products, that we would then own or enjoy. I don't view the creators of these KSs as like starving artists necessarily, and I don't expect to get a cut of the money made from the product if it gets made. If it's wildly successful and they make millions, great! In this case, Warner Bros may be the party that makes the most money but that is basically always the case with movies? I guess if people hate studios so much, they should just stop buying tickets altogether.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:20 pm

This article on Variety is great. I don't care about the naysayers on Twitter or anywhere else...if the result is a VM movie, then for me, the ends have justified the means. Or something.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:58 pm

Holy crap, this is amazing! I'm so freaking excited!

And I have no patience for the haters. If this is what it takes to get this movie to exist, I'm thrilled to help, even a little bit. I'm sure they spend money on all sorts of shit I don't care about, but you don't see me whining about it.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:00 am

From Alan Sepinwall, regarding the impact of Kickstarting passion projects for failed cult shows:
Shawn Ryan tweeted that he was watching the "Veronica" Kickstarter in hopes he might try something similar for a "Terriers" film;

Fuck yeah to that unexpected consequence, though, I'd question if Terriers audience was large enough or passionate enough to generate the same response. Weirdly I could actually see the Terriers and Ronnie working together on a case, or even running one big little PI firm together. Sepinwall also mentioned the larger the budget gets the more likely they can stage something more than "a parlor room mystery set at Veronica's high school reunion" but IDK that actually sounds like really perfect way to revisit the show, and integrate extant cast members like Dick or DUNCAN. Hello, VD forever.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Mori_LeStrange Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 am

I'm so excited! I never thought we'd get a Veronica Mars movie so this is great news. Now just to wait till my next paycheck so I can see what level I can donate.

Mori_LeStrange

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:27 pm

Over 3 million raised within 2 days!

I must admit, I never watched the show, but I am totally fascinated with seeing how much money they end up raising.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji Xiang Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:44 pm

Both Backup and Logan are saved!

Ji Xiang

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:41 pm

With 7 hours to go, it has broken the previous record for the number of backers. Trying to see if it can get to 90909 before the deadline, which would be very fitting indeed.

Last edited by epudom on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:48 pm

I really didn't believe they would beat that record. This whole thing has been really stunning. I'm so excited for all of them, and for us for getting a movie!
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:10 pm

I know. A couple of days ago, I though it was too big a leap, but by this morning I figured the fans would make it. I still can't believe that this time next year we'll have a movie!
epudom
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  violetq Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:19 pm

The trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1R93UMqlk

It looks really good. I love how many of the characters came back for this. (Except it looks like no Weevil?) I am so excited to see this!

violetq

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:32 pm

Francis is in the movie.
biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:33 pm

Weevil is in the movie, but there is a distressing photo in the trailer that is causing me some angst.

I love the trailer, and I'm glad it's finally out because for months all VM fans on Tumblr have been doing is whining about Piz. All because Chris Lowell happened to be attending the same convention as Rob Thomas, and so he sat on a panel with him, and therefore the producers put together a quick package (NOT a trailer) about Piz vs. Logan. And then the VM fandom/LoVe fandom (let's be honest, the overlap there is about 96%) got loud and pouty and whiny about how they were shoving it down our throats and the writers and the actors LOVE Piz and HATE Logan and they're going to ruin everything!!! I've never seen so much petulance from a group of people who are (generally speaking) older than your average shipping fandom. Anyway, all seems to basically be forgiven now that the trailer has that "Wait. Don't go." moment.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum