Hannibal

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24

Go down

Hannibal - Page 24 Empty Re: Hannibal

Post  Instant Monkeys on Sat May 24, 2014 6:55 pm

OH NOOOOO! I screwed up my quotes because I was being lazy and copying and pasting out of my own post. I have fixed it so you are justly credited. I'm, um, busy for dinner! For every night forever. *fires gun* Did you take my bullets? Son of a bitch.

QueenSix wrote:Seriously though, I had to link to this set of gifs from Tumblr because the third one is something else. I had to rewind it even when I was watching it because look at that leap against the door. LOOK AT IT!! And he's holding a knife and all. My grandmother would barely let me walk with scissors, much less throw myself against a door in such maniacal fashion with a kitchen knife.

Someone (was it Sars on previously.tv? I really can't adequately communicate the amount of Hannibal media I've consumed in the last 18 hours or so, y'all) described it as something like Hannibal hurling himself balletically at the door. Is anything that man does not graceful? Did you read that thing about how he had to throw an egg up in the air and catch it on a knife, slicing it, and they brought in like 50 stunt eggs and stuff and Mads did it on the first take? And he was like "Oh yeah, I used to be a professional juggler." He has had every job. Every. Job. At least all the artistic/theatrical/physical ones. He may be a cyborg. I guess that would cybørg. (GET IT BECAUSE HE'S DANISH YOU KNOW)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Sat May 24, 2014 8:56 pm

Ha. I just heard he was a competitive gymnast, and yeah Fancy Cannibals physicality suggests such.

I don't know what it says about this show and the blood bath, that I was most depressed I couldn't see Abigail's version of My Two Dads in Europe? But I guess I can live with Bedelia and Hannibal's Excellently Curated Adventures.

Even though he rebroke the teacup of his killer family, I was so happy I was right about Abigail being alive, and according to Fuller what Beverly saw in the basement.

Overall excellent finale despite the over blown pretentiousness it indulged in with that fuckin' bloody tear drop. JESUS.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Sat May 24, 2014 9:55 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:OMG, I FORGOT she got immunity. DAMN! Was this all a ploy to get immunity? She totally can do whatever she wants now. Shit.

That's not actually how immunity works. Bedelia was given immunity for what she has done BEFORE (ie. killing her patient and any crimes associated with it) in exchange for testimony that it was hoped would incriminate Hannibal. As it turned out, she was the one who killed her patient, NOT Hannibal, which was what Jack thought he was going to find out from her. That was why he offered her immunity. If he had known from the beginning that SHE had done the killing, and didn't actually have any hard evidence against Hannibal, I doubt he would have given her immunity.

She does not have immunity for any crimes she may commit while hanging out with Hannibal as his latest murder spouse in-training.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily Rose on Sat May 24, 2014 10:24 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:Was he going to get gay married to Will and just quietly retire to a farm in Slovenia where they could raise Abigail together and have 270 dogs? On the weekends they get a babysitter (Abigail is too polite to remind them that she is like, 24) and go out and murder people together just to keep the spark alive? I LOVE THIS SHOW I LOVE IT. It is so out there while at the same time being so beautifully meticulously put together.
I think that was his plan, yeah. Because he basically proposed to Will last ep ("I wish everyone was dead except you and me! Look at my fan art of us as Greek lovers!") and then asked him to please run away with him this ep and not make him kill all his friends. But Will wouldn't do it. :(

For those interested in spoilers:
Spoiler:
Hugh is definitely coming back, as is Laurence, although Laurence will be around less depending on how his new show does. No word on Caroline (Alana) or Kacey (Abigail) yet.

Lily Rose

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:36 pm

Teh spoilerz from the Comic-Con panel today!

Spoiler:
Guess who's totes not dead.  And some other spoilery stuff.
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:50 am

YAY! Some of those spoilers just make me so happy! Not the least of which because I totally guessed one of them WAAAAY back when the season ended.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:18 pm

Gillian Anderson is officially a regular for Season 3. YAAAYYYYY.

This is so weird for me because like, I know that technically I started watching the show because Gillian Anderson was on it, but it is so totally up my alley (to the degree that I'm pretty sure I would have discovered it before much longer had she not been) and I became so fond of it for non-Gillian-Anderson reasons, and she wasn't ever on it very much anyway and I always figured her arc would be limited and she'd only be there until they figured out how to kill her entertainingly. (Still probably the end game, I'd guess, but who knows.) It was always a nice little bonus when she was on but not in any way the main appeal for me. Now the idea that she's going to be a REGULAR CAST MEMBER on this show that is kind of my favorite show of right now, I can barely get my head around it. Like, it's going to be Hannibal, and then also Gillian Anderson. Is David Duchovny going to become a judge on Face Off? (That...doesn't seem like something he would be especially qualified for, but you know.) What's next, cake with different cake on top of it? Of course I want to eat whatever you would call such a concoction, but is it even necessary for it to be? Pace yourself, universe.

Anyway. Yay!
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:38 pm

I always thought it would be a Will/Hannibal road trip, but I'll gladly take a Bedelia/Hannibal road trip instead.
Of course I want to eat whatever you would call such a concoction
Wedding cake? WITH PEOPLE!

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:55 pm

Yay to Gillian's regular status. I mean I kinda figured the S2 finale begged that question, but I'm so happy I'll be getting a little Christie's Auction House: Murder Family Vacation next year.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  lil d on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:15 am

So, Richard Armitage has been cast as Dolarhyde/ The Tooth Fairy? I really need Season 3 to start now, please.

lil d

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:33 am

lil d wrote:So, Richard Armitage has been cast as Dolarhyde/ The Tooth Fairy? I really need Season 3 to start now, please.
I'm sure this show is incredibly well done, but I don't like serial killer shows. Richard Armitage was almost enough to make me watch anyway, but then I read the description of his character/storyline, and NOPE. I'm stoked for Bryan Fuller having a show make it to a third season, though. I wish I weren't such a fraidy cat.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:14 am

Richard Armitage was almost enough to make me watch anyway, but then I read the description of his character/storyline, and NOPE.

Same and same. Maybe I'll watch a tame clip.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Jun 04, 2015 4:32 pm

I love that Fuller and EW are just straight calling Hannibal a dark romance. Heh. I'm really excited about the new season and all things Bedelia/Hannibal, and Will's broken heart.

I'm interested to see what Armitage does with Dolarhyde but I really don't know if anyone can top Noonan for me.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  bottle on Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:36 am

There is no way Bedeila is surviving this season is she? I am thinking Bedelia was Hannibal's previous Will Graham in that he recognised something in her and tried to bring it out in her.

For such a dark show its so beautiful and filming in Italy has just upped everything. I need the Fug Girls or TLo to so fashion recaps of this show. Just to see their take on Bedeila's Carmen Sandiago outfit.

bottle

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb on Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:47 pm

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:15 pm

I think Bedelia will make it out (if only because she just said she's had her exit strategy in place since she went off with Hannibal). But also I think he's headed toward being caught, he's losing focus, and getting brazen in his desire to "lure" Will to him, and we know Bedelia herself is aiding that lure with her own crumbs. I mean but I've said before I always think everyone is going to get away or that he'll let them go, and he never does (even Abigail he never *let go*).

I had to laugh at Will's plan to surreptitiously observe Chiyo, and then proceeding to start a camp fire. I'm loving this season if only for Bedelia and Hannibal's odd couple banter about who killed who, and how sister's taste, and if it's THAT kind of party. I superloved Hannibal's ABBA-esque black causal ensemble in the beginning of the show, including floppy hair, it's the most Mads has looked like RL Mads during the whole run.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:26 pm

I have to say I am LOVING all of the scenes with Bedelia and Hannibal. Gillian Anderson is absolutely killing it in every scene she is in. I'm still worried she's not going to make it through the season though. Bedelia may think she knows what she's doing, but Will thought the same thing last season, and we all saw how that played out.

I did enjoy Will's trip to Lithuania, if only for the gorgeous scenery and the cinematography in the scene with all the fireflies. It STILL blows my mind this show hasn't even been nominated for its visuals. It's easily the best looking show on TV, and the fact it does it with a limited budget is pretty incredible.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:42 pm

Canceled. Uh oh.

This season has been, uh, a little too far into "pretentious art film" (IMO). But I still hope someone picks it up, and they figure out a way around the Clarice rights issues...
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:00 am

I hope the fact that it's not an NBC show in the strict sense of the word means that it gets picked up by another broadcasting platform, as they say. I love it for the way it tackles it subject matter, the acting. The more 'pretentious' it gets, the more I love it. I will freely admit that sometimes I sit there rewinding it wondering "is that a metaphor for something else or just a prop?...why did he say that, what does that mean?...what did he say when I said 'why does he do that, what does that mean?'...where does Bedelia get her hats?..."

I have always liked that the team know their source material enough to have respect for it but aren't afraid to change things about to suit their storytelling needs. I like how they're committed to their story and what makes it tick, unlike other production teams. (I'm looking at you, Sleepy Hollow).

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:44 am

punkysdilemma wrote:This season has been, uh, a little too far into "pretentious art film" (IMO).  But I still hope someone picks it up, and they figure out a way around the Clarice rights issues...

I'm pretty sure the slow start of this season is what forced NBC's hand as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm digging it, but I can totally see why NBC decided to move on. By abandoning a traditional series narrative and ANY procedural sensibility, it makes the show a lot harder to get people to watch. Critics may dig it, but losing the one of the few things that made Hannibal like a traditional series was bound to turn people off. And when you have small viewership to begin with, it's not shocking.

I think there quite a few people who were fans of the first two seasons who have not been happy with season 3 because they want to see more happening. I have a feeling the back half of the season, which is going to be the Red Dragon story will probably be more satisfying for those viewers.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:30 pm

I AM MAD. Clearly. I'll save my white-hot rage for if it doesn't get picked up by somebody, which it better.

Also, should we be worried that Bryan Fuller is now committed to co-showrunning American Gods, which I thought was a miniseries or something but seems to be a real series? I actually wondered when I heard that if Hannibal was in trouble, but it doesn't seem to be a factor, but, why isn't it?

Loving this season so far. The artier, the better, heh.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:19 pm

I was finally able to watch the last few episodes yesterday. I'm sorry to see it go, but they sure went out with a bang. I knew something was coming with Chekov's cliff, but I thought it was just going to be Hannibal throwing Will over, or Francis getting thrown over. I also thought Belinda had cut and served her own leg because she was waiting for Hannibal to show up, but apparently Fuller didn't intend for it to be that ambiguous. (Also in that interview? The fact that Raul Esparza imitated Fire Marshall Bill when he was in his burn victim makeup. HA!)

There was a whole lot of bad FBI-ing to get there, though. How the hell would Jack even have a job after all that?
mokey75
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan on Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:41 pm

My brain is still broken from the finale. All I know is that I can never see Anthony Hopkins as Lecter again--I will keep thinking "do you have a murder husband, no? Then you are not Hannibal! I said Good Day Sir!"

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:03 pm

That finale was perfection in my opinion. Perfection. That is all.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 24 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24