Orphan Black

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Orphan Black

Post  blixie on Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:26 pm

Seems like we have a few people who are digging this BBC by way of Canadia production that to me is like a bad ass version of Anna to the Infinite Power or a whole series based on the Eve episode of The X Files. Tatiana Maslany, much like Nina Dobrev on TVD, is doing good work in the mulitple role and roles within roles thing, but I find that I stand apart from the rest of the internet in hating the Alison clone. She's funny, but she feels the most over acted and not at all like a real person.

I am cool with her being the original(or not), and I'm wondering how involved Paul is in this, since it looked an awful lot like him that picked up crazy blonde serial killer clone. Which makes him getting off on "new" different Beth kind of creepy. If Sarah is the original, I'm wondering if that Maggie Chen woman or the project itself protected the id of the original from themselves.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Orphan Black

Post  sen3 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:30 pm

This show is my jam.

Paul must be involved. But with this show, it might not be in anyway I would assume. That's what I have been digging about this show. Everything seems so familiar, but they have made great plot and character choices so far.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal on Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:45 pm

I love it too. The plot moves at a good pace--think about how much has happened in 4 episodes!!--but the characters aren't shortchanged because of it. And Tatiana is KILLING it in the different roles.

I find that I stand apart from the rest of the internet in hating the Alison clone. She's funny, but she feels the most over acted and not at all like a real person.

I wasn't crazy about Alison either until the most recent episode when Sarah put her on standby and she cleared the house and settled in with her gun, phone and a bottle of wine. That, and the way she handled the visit with Kira, told me all I needed to know and ultimately sold me on her.

Paul is pretty and Up To Something, but I'm also interested in Art and why he always has the stinkface when Paul's name comes up.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:27 am

Seriously, Tatiana Maslany is AMAZING. Where has she been? I mean, I checked her IMDB, of course, but she doesn't have anything that would hint she was capable of carrying something like this on her shoulders. The only thing I saw her on before was an episode of Alphas, and I can't say she did anything there that made her stand out.

But here? She's just killing it.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Tue Apr 23, 2013 11:51 am

I am really enjoying this show, and agree that the lead is amazing! So far she's portrayed:

Beth
Sarah
Sarah as Beth
Alison
Alison as Sarah
Cosima
Katja
Helena
Helena as Sarah as Beth

I also think the effects when there's more than one clone together are really well done.

I'm glad it comes on after Doctor Who - I might not have caught it otherwise, and it's worth watching. I'm intrigued by the idea that Paul is up to something, that hadn't occurred to me.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Just agreeing with everything you said.

I grew up watching the lead on various Canadian children's shows and I never would have known she had this in her.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Tatiana Maslany was brilliant and all kinds of heartbreaking in a first-season episode of Flashpoint so I was awfully glad to see her get a lead like this. I'm so glad she's killing it.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:25 pm

So far she's portrayed:

Beth
Sarah
Sarah as Beth
Alison
Alison as Sarah
Cosima
Katja
Helena
Helena as Sarah as Beth

Also Sarah as Katja, my personal favorite with the hat and the Sunglasses. "Is rocknroll?!"

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:30 pm

Oh yeah, totally forgot that one!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Thu May 02, 2013 11:54 pm

It's been renewed for a 10 episode second season! Yay!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Fri May 03, 2013 5:38 am

Hooray! I love this show and everyone on it so much.

You know, when I first heard they were planning to start producing original content for BBC America, I was kinda bummed thinking they were going to turn it into another boring generic American channel. Oh me of little faith. I'm sorry, Julie Gardner! I should have known better!
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 on Sun May 05, 2013 7:55 pm

That was so much fun! Oh god. Most shows couldn't pull off this kind of classic wacky hijinks ep so soon in it's run.

Paul was actually pretty good in this one. His was kind of competent and a little scary, I thought.

So we still don't know who Allison's handler is. But I don't know if Donnie is in the clear of all suspicion.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sun May 05, 2013 8:00 pm

Paul has become so much more interesting and hotter to me since he got kind of scary. I don't even know.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 on Sun May 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Same here. I think Sarah agrees too. heh.

I'm going to watch it again. Such a well directed episode.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal on Sun May 05, 2013 9:06 pm

Ha! I was just coming to post the same thing about Paul. Up 'til now he was just generically good-looking to me--with killer abs, natch--and kinda whiny, but now that he's killer SEAL guy who is scary but not Evil he is all kinds of sexy.

I'm still loving the hell outta this show and its ability to have a gazillion things happen in an episode. So glad it's been renewed. And Tatiana Maslany continues to amaze.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Tue May 07, 2013 12:31 am

So Max Headroom is behind it all, right?

Also, we have come crazy far since the Patty Duke show that scene with Allison and Sarah on the couch was crazy well shot.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal on Sun May 12, 2013 4:45 am

DAMN YOU MAX HEADROOM!!

So it's official - I'm obsessed with Sarah/Paul now. I mean, did you see the comforting touches and head nudges and OMG HOW CUTE ARE THEY? It's also helpful that dude can wear the hell out of a shirt.

There are a lot of pieces slowly coming together: where the term Orphan Black comes from, PsychoClone's backstory, Max Headroom's involvement. I know that there's been a lot of speculation that his story had nothing to do with the cloning, but I'm glad that it's all tied together because that would have been a bit ridiculous to have an evolution nut that wasn't involved with this. Poor Cosima though. For as much as she suspects something fishy with Delphine and is probably playing her, I can't help but think that she still wants a connection.

I'm loving that everybody's working on figuring out the same thing, knowingly or not.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Jordan Baker on Sun May 12, 2013 4:05 pm

I think with this episode, Helena has become my favourite non-Sarah clone (sorry Alison). Cutting off a dude's tail and then dancing around with it in the club like it's a glow stick? Deliciously crazy.

Jordan Baker

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Sun May 12, 2013 9:13 pm

I also liked her pretending to be Sarah in Paul's apartment. "I also had a pleasant day. I went working and shopping." Hee.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  sen3 on Mon May 13, 2013 8:56 am

Helena is both scary and adorable. Last week Paul was scary and this week he was adorable what with all the nuzzling and being all protective and stuff. Mrs. S. is getting her awesome on too.

Glad were getting more Cosima. Love her line about "always being late and always being sorry". Delphine, you fool.

Also love how the clones act like sisters from an effed-up dysfunctional family.

sen3

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Mon May 13, 2013 2:25 pm

This week's testimony to Tatiana Is Awesome: When Sarah mention how Alison was in couple's therapy, I thought, "Throwaway line to explain actress's absence this week" before I realized how ridiculous that was.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jordan Baker on Sat May 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Damn Mrs. S. is awesome. More, please.

Tatiana Maslany continues to knock it out of the park as each and every one of her characters.

Jordan Baker

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Sun May 19, 2013 5:56 am

Jordan Baker wrote:Damn Mrs. S. is awesome. More, please.

Tatiana Maslany continues to knock it out of the park as each and every one of her characters.

I tend to forget that she's the one playing all of them, despite that being pivotal to the conceit of the show.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  truecrystal on Mon May 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Seriously, she's just so damn good. I didn't know who I felt for more -- Sarah or Helena, both of their reactions were just so brutal. I'm truly sad there are only a couple of episodes left.

truecrystal

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Mon May 20, 2013 11:25 pm

I know, I'm so bummed that the season's almost over. But at least we're getting a second season! This show is so bonkers, I really hope it can keep up that level of awesome.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top