Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Cinematic Universe

+60
MichiSichi
naughty zoot
dreago
shamoogity
The Dude
Gallifrey Girl
vwlphb
Melk
Fiammetta
QueenSix
spidey_88
BrightEyes
Ji Xiang
particle_person
Gillian
Swarley
dday515
MaddyCat
Snarryfan
SelfAmused
bookworm
inversed
Wildog27
shanndee
jennlynnster
Caramel Coffee
Agent Sculder
Muggsy
punzy
bbridges
Shadowlass
xyzzy
rivki8699
sagitare
blixie
Unlucky Bear
Carrie Ann
dionneshea
big chicken
mrinsouciance
Shalamar
Algae
TiffanyNichelle
Matinee
Corvus
LadyGayle
Eris Rising
biakbiak
Heather
ActonBell
SarahJanet
Miss Moneypenny
Kiran
Putli Bai
RiverThames
Rhilin
Cynara
Cutebutpsycho
Raksha
laddical
64 posters

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Go down

Marvel Cinematic Universe - Page 13 Empty Re: Marvel Cinematic Universe

Post  dionneshea Wed May 13, 2015 2:52 am

I need the big black block to give Jemma back now, please. Right, now.

I'm starting to care about Skye, but still not really, and I think a lot of my caring has to do with Kyle MacLachlan and how awesome he is. His whole storyline makes me so sad. So, now that he's gone, I'm wondering if I'll still care about her.

While I really wish Phil and Melinda would be together, I have to say, I do love Blair Underwood, and wouldn't mind seeing him around more.

Also, while Ward is way more interesting as the big bad, I have trouble believing that he isn't dead yet. Anyone that May wants dead as badly as she wants him dead should be dead by now. It's stretching believability that he isn't.

I do like that Omega 3s are going to lead to the downfall of society. I've always suspected as much.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Wed May 13, 2015 6:45 pm

Seriously.  This show.  Man.

I know it gets a lot of flack, but I don't think I've enjoyed a show as much as this since Buffy went off the air. I'm a writer who reads a lot, and there is a part of my brain that is always trying to "guess ahead" about what comes next.  I don't get surprised very often, yet AoS surprises me almost every week.

The end to Mack's arc?  Surprise.  ("I'm Gordon, who are you?" "I'm the guy who kills Gordon.")

Ward's whole second half of the season?  Surprise.  (Though I definitely agree with dionneshea -- I was really looking forward to seeing Bobbi or May put him down last night)

What happened to Coulson at the very end?  Big surprise.

The end of Cal's arc?  Wonderful surprise.

The only thing that didn't surprise me was how Jiaying turned out to be all evil, though she was much eviler than I expected.    And I do call SHENANIGANS on Fitz being able to accidentally open the case holding the Big Black Block.   But still, damn.  That was some good television.

Oh, and one more thing:  "Science, beeyotch!"
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Sun May 17, 2015 3:23 pm

Daredevil:

"silk sheets?"

"Cotton sheets feel like sand paper on my skin."

there's no way that man is living with out a bidet.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  shamoogity Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:31 am

Is anyone still watching Agents of SHIELD? I thought this week's episode was probably the best yet. This whole season has just been much smoother than the previous seasons, which tended to take a long time to develop a good rhythm. Having such a contained story made me realize the show could benefit from cutting some of the excess characters. Ward's storylines for example, always just seem to be taking time away from the A plot in an only tangentially related way.

shamoogity

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:17 pm

SHIELD is one of those shows that I love and watch and even, on occasion, re-watch, but I don't talk about it much because the level of vitriol that the haters bring whenever someone tries to enjoy the show is too much.

But yeah... the show definitely could stand to wrap up Ward, and maybe not have SHIELD butting heads with other covert agencies quite so much. Though I'm really enjoying Constance Zimmer and Clark Gregg's "playful banter".
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:02 pm

laddical wrote:SHIELD is one of those shows that I love and watch and even, on occasion, re-watch, but I don't talk about it much because the level of vitriol that the haters bring whenever someone tries to enjoy the show is too much.

But yeah... the show definitely could stand to wrap up Ward, and maybe not have SHIELD butting heads with other covert agencies quite so much. Though I'm really enjoying Constance Zimmer and Clark Gregg's "playful banter".
All of this.

I did really like this last episode, and I loved that it ended with Fitz obviously hurting over Gemma's relationship with the astronaut, but determined to help the guy. They could have made it a jealousy thing so easily, so I'm glad they didn't.

I loved May and Coulson's scene together in the previous episode. He's so rigid and on the edge of unfeeling with everything and everyone else, but then May comes in and he's instantly a puppy. He just wants his May back.

And I'm kind of back to not caring about Skye - excuse me, Daisy - again, but they have paired her with Mack a lot, and I love me some Mack.
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:06 pm

I was certainly critical (I hope not a hater) but I am happy to see the turnaround. Particularly for Chloe Bennett - the writers got a handle on her character and she's given more opportunity to show her chops. Also, Coulson. When he was a prickly dick and only May was around to challenge him, I questioned why anyone would stick by him. Now he's got several others who are pushers-back, and he's adapting. Still a dick, but the show is handling it better.

I do still fret that the plotting is all 'throw rocks' (as in the writing chestnut: 'get character up tree, throw rocks, get character down from tree). Gotten better at throwing rocks, to be sure. But never getting down from tree. On the other hand, serialized television.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:11 pm

Jessica Jones!

Loved.  Mostly.  Episodes 10 & 11 had a bit of wheelspinning (especially
Spoiler:
, but mostly?  Loved.  Krysten Ritter was awesome.

Favorite throwaway detail in the final episode--

Spoiler:
RiverThames
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:10 pm

Also loved. Kinda disappointed that

Spoiler:

But otherwise liked it. Liked that it connected a bit more to the MCU than Daredevil did, with the incident with the Eastmans. Loved Rachael Taylor - I liked how things ended up between her and Simpson, though I wish they'd had her as a redhead as an adult at some point.

Surprised at how not-soul-crushing it was given the tone of the trailers.

Mike Colter was really good, too. And good looking, I admit. There was a moment where he says, "I don't want to hurt you", and then either he or Jessica suggest that he needs to get dressed and I'm like, "But you just said you didn't want to hurt her! You can't take away those pecs!!!!!"
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:19 pm

I understood why
Spoiler:
RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:42 am

shamoogity wrote:Is anyone still watching Agents of SHIELD? I thought this week's episode was probably the best yet. This whole season has just been much smoother than the previous seasons, which tended to take a long time to develop a good rhythm. Having such a contained story made me realize the show could benefit from cutting some of the excess characters. Ward's storylines for example, always just seem to be taking time away from the A plot in an only tangentially related way.

I gave up on it during the first season stretch where it resembled the Bill Bixby Hulk: no continuity, no connection with the Marvel Universe and no super villains. I understand it go better right after I left and I'll binge at some point.

Jessica Jones...wow. That was some powerful material. I can only imagine what those shocked at the Auschwitz scene in X-men would have to say about 13 episodes centered around guilt, fear and trauma.
The Dude
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:26 pm

In Jessica Jones what was the explanation for the fact that
Spoiler:
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:55 pm

sagitare wrote:In Jessica Jones what was the explanation for the fact that
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:57 pm

I kinda thought it had something to do with her super strength...cause it's not like for most people maiming themselves was within their moral limits either. I figured that her super strength bolstered a super strong immune system. Kinda like I imagine that Luke Cage will never come down with a virus cause he can't be vaccinated any longer, can he?

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:45 am

That's probably got a lot to do with it, too.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:17 pm

This show, man.

So this happened
spoilers for the 12/1 episode:

Dammit show.  I had your back when almost no one else did.  And now you do me like this.

If Ward doesn't die horribly in the  mid-season finale, I'm gonna have to turn this car around.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:37 pm

I'm loving Jessica Jones, but I really wish Carrie-Anne Moss would give Robin Wright her House of Cards performance back. It's that distracting.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:06 pm

naughty zoot wrote:I'm loving Jessica Jones, but I really wish Carrie-Anne Moss would give Robin Wright her House of Cards performance back. It's that distracting.

Zing!
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:55 am

so it took me time to realize that Mr. Kogu (?) is The Chairman from Iron Chef America
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:15 pm

naughty zoot wrote:I'm loving Jessica Jones, but I really wish Carrie-Anne Moss would give Robin Wright her House of Cards performance back. It's that distracting.

I found a lot of her plot to be filler. Actually a lot of stuff seemed to be filler, including the cop's plot. I think it could have benefited from being one or two episodes shorter, but overall I really liked it.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:09 pm

I have two episodes left on Daredevil. I wish Jessica Jones would show up and knock some sense into Matt Murdock and his self-pity.

Jon Bernthal is great and I was pleasantly surprised to see
Spoiler:

I still love Karen; she's a nuanced, complicated character who doesn't always do the right thing but tries her best in a world where she's not "super".

I feel very meh on Elektra.

I also find it very weird that this show is so steeped in Asian gang activity/mythology/mysterious organizations, but there are no actual Asian characters of note, just nameless "ninjas". There's
Spoiler:

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:48 pm

The actress who plays Elekra is actually Cambodian-French, but they didn't go with her having an Asian background, alas.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:58 pm

Strictly speaking,
Spoiler:

RiverThames
RiverThames

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:09 pm

bookworm wrote:The actress who plays Elekra is actually Cambodian-French, but they didn't go with her having an Asian background, alas.

Well they don't *not* go with it, either. Her genetics simply aren't discussed. We don't know anything about "Ellie" before we see her almost kill one of the Chaste trainees, and we know she's not the biological child of the Natchios' in this continuity. Otherwise she could be almost anything, really, so might as well be Cambodian-French until we know more.

Which doesn't excuse the fact that there wasn't any Asian character in the Chaste at all (though, hey, Stick totes murdered a black dude!) and that Nobu didn't receive any development beyond the little we got last season.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:19 pm

I thought Elektra was great; I saw the trailer and she was a big reason why I decided to check out the second season. I really enjoyed the season actually, although I don't know if I would have been as into it if I didn't get all the episodes at once. The plot didn't seem to make much sense but oh well, I liked the characters. Although Stick was annoying and smug.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next