Pretty

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pretty

Post  Lis on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:27 am

I have taken on the chore of watching Spooks*. It's nice.  (I don't even mind that I haven't got to Richard Armitage yet!)

And it lead to other nice things* (For good measure.) (And there's this.)

*NSFW if you scroll a leetle bit.

Last edited by Lis on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lis

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:11 pm

I just began watching Spooks myself, after having watched Richard Armitage in seasons 7-9. I liked it so much I decided to go back to the start. Matthew Macfadyen is very pretty.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:48 pm

Yeah, MI5/Spooks was the gift that kept on giving. Matthew Macfadyen is indeed lovely (Pride and Prejudice!!!), and has a wonderful voice as well. Rupert Penry Jones was wonderful (And then when he and David Tennant were in Casablanca together - SWOON!) And Richard Armitage was also yummy. I watched a few Netflix things with Richard, (enjoyed North and South!) but just couldn't make my way through the Robin Hood series, despite him being the hot villain.  Luckily they didn't completely ugly him up in The Hobbit.

Last edited by Gallifrey Girl on Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  wenchsenior on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:54 pm

Lis wrote:I have taken on the chore of watching Spooks*. It's nice.  (I don't even mind that I haven't got to Richard Armitage yet!)

And it lead to other nice things* (For good measure.) (And there's this.)

*NSFW if you scroll a leetle bit.

Yes, indeed. That show is full of hot guys. It's funny that for years I just thought of RPJ as 'nice enough', but one ep of Adam on Spooks, and I suddenly thought he was hot like fire.

wenchsenior

Back to top Go down

Post  Lis on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:47 am

Mysteriously, I don't think I'd ever seen him before Spooks, but now that I've started watching that (and consequently Whitechapel, and Silk is lined up because I'm pathetic like that) who should just happen to appear on my TV screen but Captain Wentworth? I can listen no longer in silence...! I never had a chance.
(He's a really good actor, too!)
Aww! Ruth understands.

Lis

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:18 pm

So I finally got around to watching The Hobbit, and oh my Lord Richard Armitage! I didn't think it was possible to lust after a dwarf, and yet, here I am.  And since it's available streaming on Netflix, I'm also now watching North & South (AKA Pride & Prejudice but set in Victorian times).  I'm kinda meh on the story, but I can watch him lustily brood over the heroine ALL day. It also features Mr. Bates as a rabble rousing factory worker! Next up: Robin Hood!  Also can it be December soon so I can see him on the big screen?

Oh, and yesterday because I am weak vessel I went to see The Wolverine.  Seeing Hugh Jackman in nothing but a white tank top, jeans, and a pair of boots just turns me into goo.  And Will Yun Lee wasn't terrible to look at either!

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader on Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:25 pm

Agent Sculder wrote:So I finally got around to watching The Hobbit, and oh my Lord Richard Armitage! I didn't think it was possible to lust after a dwarf, and yet, here I am.  And since it's available streaming on Netflix, I'm also now watching North & South (AKA Pride & Prejudice but set in Victorian times).  I'm kinda meh on the story, but I can watch him lustily brood over the heroine ALL day. It also features Mr. Bates as a rabble rousing factory worker! Next up: Robin Hood!  Also can it be December soon so I can see him on the big screen?

I have two words for you: Strike Back, season 1 (I guess that's four words, haha).

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:41 pm

He was SO HOT in North & South.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:08 pm

I watched two scenes from that like 5 times in a row. Just over and over. He's really attractive.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:53 am

By the time North and South was over, I was so in love with him that even his arm was attractive to me. It's the big finale and everything is so wonderful, and there's that one quick shot of him with the bag and then closing the train door. Basically all you see are his arms (which are completely covered by puffy sleeves, BTW), and the group of us who were watching together were like, "Uh, is it just us or was the way he just closed that door SUPER HOT?" We were obviously beyond help at that point.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  eco on Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:59 am

Gillian wrote:By the time North and South was over, I was so in love with him that even his arm was attractive to me.  It's the big finale and everything is so wonderful, and there's that one quick shot of him with the bag and then closing the train door.  Basically all you see are his arms (which are completely covered by puffy sleeves, BTW), and the group of us who were watching together were like, "Uh, is it just us or was the way he just closed that door SUPER HOT?"  We were obviously beyond help at that point.

Oh, seriously, I rewound and watched the ending over and over again. I think it was the "You're coming home with me?" or whatever it is he says that had me swooning off the sofa.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara on Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:24 am

I'm surprised I lived through watching it; I had about eight coronaries every time he talked.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:28 pm

OK, I think we all deserve this today. Skip to 2:30 to set the stage with meaningful flower-sniffing. Please note the super hot look he gives at 4:36.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:00 pm

The most intense flower-sniffing evah! My friend and I always send this gif back and forth to try to cheer each other up/make each other laugh. It usually works.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:11 pm

I don't think I've ever seen "North and South!" I must remedy this immediately!
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:11 pm

The amount of fanfics this show let loose on the world was something else. I remember the outcry when after North & South aired, the BBC said 'oh yeah, we're going to release it on DVD but not for months. Maybe in April', and the series aired in December 2004. So the Armitage Army rose up and the BBC had no choice but to bring it out by the end of January.

Seriously, if you could channel the amount of lust and protestations of love that were directed towards Richard Armitage after this was on television into energy, it would have powered the world for the next fifty years.

And now I'm reminded that the BBC North & South will be ten years old next year. Holy crap!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Lis on Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:40 pm

See, the weird thing is, this was what got me into Spooks, and now I'm over RA and all into MM and RPJ! Mysterious ways.

Lis

Back to top Go down

Post  punzy on Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Well, you have convinced me. North and South added to the amazon watchlist!

punzy

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:33 pm

The funny thing is, it was like the BBC made this series but then didn't give a shit about it. There was none of the usual hoopla (Jane Eyre 2006 had pre-orders on the BBC shop being advertised even before the end of the series) and they never bothered to see about publishing the book with a tie-in cover, which they seem to do for practically every other period drama novel they've shown. In fact, there weren't even copies of the regular Penguin edition of North and South in the shops that Christmas and I know because I looked. For a friend.

And yet this is the series that launched Richard Armitage and got more people watching Spooks and got Robin Hood most of its audience!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader on Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:25 am

One more Richard Armitage role where he's a very handsome stranger: The Vicar of Dibley. I think I've watched this episode 100 times.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  airisu on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:15 am

Richard Armitage has my heart forever as Mr Thornton. He brings dark and brooding to a whole new level of sexy. I'm so depressed that I can't find my North & South DVD \(;__;)/

Was so happy that he was Thorin (even the name is kinda similar :D) in The Hobbit - not sure how I'm gonna survive the ending tho...

airisu

Back to top Go down

Post  katbeth on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:24 am

North & South is on Netflix streaming, if that helps. I think that ending (including the PERFECT hand-holding) is such an improvement on the book ending, which is a little... lackluster.

katbeth

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:21 am

I was just so so confused. I was like - wasn't North and South really popular at the time? And happened in the 80s? And had Swayze and Riker? Then I googled and got it, ha!

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:44 pm

Hee, that is also the North & South that I know. And the only people I remember are Patrick Swayze and Riker. (Wasn't Kirstie Alley in it too?)
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  airisu on Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:38 pm

Hee. It was the opposite for me. I remember being so confused when I searched for "North & South" on Amazon and getting Patrick Swayze's picture instead of Armitage's handsome mug.

airisu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top