Sleepy Hollow

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sleepy Hollow

Post  shanndee on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:43 pm

sagitare wrote:Dooooo eeeeeeet!

People, can we also talk about that great moment in the cabin when Ichabod does that thing to get Abbie to get up out of her seat? As io9 characterized it: "married-for-twenty-years beat" (scroll down about halfway for the screencap).

Also also from that review: the 'cap of him shooting the gun and standing like the 200 year old revolutionary soldier that he was/is (it's things like that that I enjoy so much about this show: it's so silly and yet these little details and pieces are just so well thought out and placed).
I almost let out a silly fan=girl squee at both of those parts!

Can I also add how much I loved the lock-picking scene:

"Imagine the delinquency we could perpetrate if we really put our minds to it,"

Heehee!!

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:57 pm

shanndee wrote:Can I also add how much I loved the lock-picking scene:

"Imagine the delinquency we could perpetrate if we really put our minds to it,"

Heehee!!
I know! I was all, "Ichabod, you scamp!"
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  shanndee on Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm a little worried about the unreasonable amount of love I have for this show and its characters. I almost feel all DS9/X-files/Buffy/Angel about it...and it has been years since I have felt that way about any series!

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:04 pm

Agent Sculder wrote:
laddical wrote:I love this stupid show for reasons I can't understand.
I feel the same way.  But I think I love it because the show doesn't take itself seriously, and the leads are clearly having an awesome time.
I think it's because it hits the perfect sweet spot between "absurd" "aware of its own absurdity" and "taking itself seriously" that most shows like this never quite manage.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:55 pm

And the leads are extremely attractive, which doesn't hurt. :)

Plus, Clancy M*****F****** Brown!
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Several times a day I just sort of murmur "...Yolanda" to myself and giggle.
PrincessCleo
Admin

http://http;//cleolinda.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:07 pm

I'll never call customer support again and not think of that scene.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:10 pm

Guys. GUYS. THIS. IS A THING THAT IS HAPPENING.

sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:26 pm

Make sure you look for @sleepywriters' replies, though.
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  shanndee on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:35 pm

I. Love. This.

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:37 pm

You know? These guys just add to their adorableness quotient!

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:05 pm

*dying with laughter*

Now Orlando is involved. The Elementary crew is in for it now! (the @sleepywriters have *got* to get the SPN folks involved with this!)
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  PrincessCleo on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:14 pm

What I love is that these two shows are on different channels--it's not like when the NBC shows start reblogging each other on Tumblr and might all be the same person anyway, who knows.
PrincessCleo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:54 pm

See this is why we have Twitter. Not to spark revolutions or join the world together in peaceful harmony. No, so that fictional writers of fictional television shows can have measuring contests in front of the world.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:03 am

PrincessCleo wrote:What I love is that these two shows are on different channels--it's not like when the NBC shows start reblogging each other on Tumblr and might all be the same person anyway, who knows.
I use my Twitter account mostly to follow CFL and Formula One news, but I'm now following the heck out of both those accounts! (And dammit, I forgot Elementary AGAIN last night!!)

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:44 pm

Coneycat wrote:And dammit, I forgot Elementary AGAIN last night!!)
Dude, I think I'm going to have to stage an emergency PVR intervention!
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Fri Oct 11, 2013 3:46 pm

sagitare wrote:
Coneycat wrote:And dammit, I forgot Elementary AGAIN last night!!)
Dude, I think I'm going to have to stage an emergency PVR intervention!
I'm starting to think you're right...!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:13 pm

Two thoughts:

(a) who was on the other line to Morales confirming Cranes' story? Some supernatural being wants him in Sleepy Hollow. Initially, I thought Morales was going to be told yeah he was a history professor but back in the 1770s.

(b) I liked Morales' partner b/c he told him to let it go. The captain knows something we don't -let it go -& we're off to bigger & better. Finally! Someone who said move on instead of indulging someone else's jealousy!

This episode was the most fantastical in its stretch of believability. But, I love this show. The initial scene with them settling Crane in the cabin was so cute & funny.

I eat up their take on American mythology. I'll take their explanation on the lost colony of Roanoke.

I don't get previews for the following week's show. I go in unspoiled.

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:45 pm

Oxford, I think?
--
Nobody knows what happened to Virginia Dare, I checked. We don't know how she died because she vanished with the rest of them.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:51 am

Crane is not going to be getting a modern wardrobe.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:21 am

big chicken wrote:Crane is not going to be getting a modern wardrobe.
I liked that she called him out on that, though!

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:53 am

I loved how Crane picked up the shower poof thingie with a "What the hell is this?" expression, then he dropped it in distaste. Hee.
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Ichabod and the tape slayed me. After this episode I'm not even going to apologize for shipping Ichabbie. Shipping is what I do, haters, and Mison/Beharie's chemistry is so perfectly awesome, so many Mulder and Scully feels to them. I loved when she called him out about not really knowing what a word means, and pretending that he does. Yes, go ahead and *spackle*.

I love how totally batshit this show is and how little they feel the need to lift their foot of the cheese wheel. My only issue continues to be Katrina, if they want us to invest in her they're going to have to do better than what we've seen so far.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:49 pm

I've decided Captain Irving has two expressions. One is "They did not cover this at the police academy" and the other is "I'm not going to ask because I'm afraid of the answer."

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:17 pm

blixie wrote:Ichabod and the tape slayed me.
I loved that! I actually rewound it a few times because I was all, "Is he playing with..tape??" Oh, Ichabod, never change. And the bit where he hurried away from the lake and actually swung around towards and almost behind Abbie, like he was getting behind her for protection. His 'oh shit' expression was hilarious. It's those little understated moments that really make this show.

Overall, though, I wasn't real keen on this episode. Overall it felt like two pieces awkwardly put together, right around the time Abbie wanted to return the boy and Ichabod to the village. At first Irving was flat out "Are you nuts? The whole town is panicking! Help Morales!" and then a few scenes later the tone is completely different and he's all, "Oh yeah, sure. I've arranged a whole thing for you to escape with Thomas and Ichabod, NBD."

And then there was the bit with Ichabod and Katrina. I tell you what, she has GOT to start bloody *talking* when she's got the chance. It's become far too contrived to have her in a scene and then manage to not have her convey some important piece of information. Ichabod is asking her, and she's just, "...um...well...*silence*..." and then it's too late, or she gets a moment and then just speaks in riddles. I'll buy that a few times but come on, writers. Find a better way to deal with this. I'd like the actress to have more to do when she's on screen (although I have to say, the two of them don't really have much - if any - chemistry with each other but again, it's not like they've had a lot of on-screen time. I'm not an Ichabod/Abbie shipper but I can certainly see where those two just sparkled together right from the get-go).

Also, I wasn't sure why Ichabod suddenly woke up on the gurney after being with Katrina. They didn't seem to inject him with anything, and I assume he must have been in some sort of coma. I guess if he had stayed longer in purgatory then Katrina might have been able to actually tell him something, and we couldn't have that!

One thing I did like, though, was the continued implication that Irving is far more than who he seems. He was clearly behind the phone call from Oxford so one can only wonder how deep that rabbit hole goes. Is he a good guy or bad guy? Time will tell.

Last edited by sagitare on Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top