View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sleepy Hollow

Post  Raised by wolves on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:13 am

It airs Mondays at 9pm, aficionada.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:53 pm

Sooooo, the tunnel to the archives had been boarded up, but the people who did that didn't take out the oil lamps or matches (which totes hadn't dried up or anything), but also installed modern era safety bars on the grates. Yeah...
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:55 pm

I think in this case we can safely and accurately say:

A wizard did it.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:58 pm

I laughed at the safety bars. I honestly wonder why the people who made this even thought they could pass for 1770s ironwork.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:48 pm

I'm happy that this show is spending its special effects budget well because HOLY SHIT JOHN CHO.

It was so cute the way Crane kind of skipped along next to Abbie when he was asking her about her relationship to that other cop. He was all, "Oooh, Abbie has a boyfriend!" Delightful.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:01 pm

I know!  Their relationship is the only thing that saves this show. That and the fact that the lead is smokin'.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:06 pm

For those of us who would be less swayed by that, Nicole Beharie ain't too hard on the eyes either.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:09 pm

I'm finding everything about this show delightful. I love the two of them together. I love that John Cho manages to find both the funny and the tragedy. I love it every time Ichabod discovers something new and delightful. Love it!
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:43 pm

I'm finding everything about this show delightful.
Me too. I love the relationship between Abby and Ichabod, the creepy effects/creatures, I like the cracky what in the actual fuck mythology, and I love it's cheese. My favorite line this week was Ichabod's about the 10% levy on baked goods.

I also liked that while the writers can't remember that it is The Book of Revelation singular, they did weave in some Greek, which is what the book was originally written in by John of Patmos, which is fun for me because I have actually been to the Cave of the Apocalypse, on Patmos.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarker on Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:46 pm

So is it worth a watch?

Snarker

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:41 pm

I'm enjoying it.

The two leads are ridiculously good-looking and I LOVE how chill Ichabod is about the future, like he's all "Everyone I loved is dead and I'm sent here to fight the forces of darkness but the future has donuts so it's fine."
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Hee. Maybe the fact that while Katrina is dead, she's obviously not gone is propping him up.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:48 pm

Didn't they specifically say she wasn't dead but caught between the two worlds?
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:06 pm

Yes, and they also said her bones were buried in the tunnels. That's what I mean by dead. Bones in tunnels.

As for caught between worlds, that's what I mean by "not gone."

Maybe they can bring her back like the other lady?

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:21 pm

They didn't specifically say her bones were down there, and considering that the head of the headless horseman was buried under her tombstone, I'd say the issue is up in the air.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:33 pm

I guess it depends on if you believe that she was burned based on what it said on her tombstone, despite her not being actually interred there.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:34 pm

I imagine that they mentioned her not being dead specifically so they could resurrect her at some point, who knows if it will stick.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:36 pm

This makes me wonder how Icabod's relationship to Abbie will go — will there be a love triangle?

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  chibimanda on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:44 pm

I actually hope they don't go there. I think they're adorable together as friends. They have a great playful banter thing going, it doesn't need to be sexual (for me at least) for it to be entertaining.
chibimanda

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:46 pm

Yeeeeah I'm not sure what's up with the Katrina thing, right now she is probably the least well liked part of the show by audiences and critics, I don't mind her, but I don't want her to be "alive" in any real world way. I think the exchange on the show was Abbie asked him if Katrina's bones were buried with the other witches, and he DID say yes, but I assume he's assuming. Heh.

I'd prefer that her spirit being caught between two worlds means she's in a witch-y version of purgatory and it is therefore pretty gnarly and not fun, hence her desire to be free of it. I don't know why an alternate physical dimension is one step beyond for me with this crazy show, but it totally is.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:01 pm

Though if they don't go Abby/Ichabod (and I hope they don't) I imagine there will be a bunch of articles and Internet complaints that there aren't going there because of race.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:28 pm

There really isn't any reason why they shouldn't just have it be the usual buddy-cop formula. One way to keep it that way might be for them to give Abby a boyfriend.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:10 pm

This show is fun, and while it does sort of remind me of Supernatural, I don't mind it because I dig genre shows.  Plus Tom Mison is VERY easy on the eyes and ears.  And while I know the best way to enjoy these types of shows is to just turn off your brain and enjoy the pretty ridiculousness, but the absolutely TERRIBLE American history aspect is KILLING me.  Yes, there were witch trials in the US, but the "witches" were hanged, not burned, and most of them happened a good 80 years before the time Crane was first alive.  The Revolutionary War was not started because taxes were too high, the protests began because the taxes were levied without the colonists consent!  Oh, and that throw away line about the Battle of Lexington being "planned"?  I nearly keeled over.

I think this show assumes that Americans are really, really ignorant about history.  Many Americans are, but I find genre TV watchers tend to smarter than most.  Other than that though, I'm interested to see where things go.

Last edited by Agent Sculder on Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:31 pm

Well, there are two ways to look at it: one is that they are HORRIBLE with history, and the other is that this takes place in an alt-history. I actually prefer the latter, because (1) it keeps me from stabbing folks who are just trying to write me a fun show, (2) the reason people mostly stopped believing in, and hanging, witches in THIS reality is that there are none, but on the show they clearly exist. So I can totally fanwank this by arguing that the witch trials didn't die out in the 1690s, but went on for another century and only stopped because they got the main witches in check and the rest went underground. Sadly, I can't help with the tax issues.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:01 pm

Agreed, the second you tell me there is an actual Headless Horseman of the Apocalypse, and that George Washington was in on it I'm ready to say this is not the real world as we know it.

blixie
Mod Squad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top