Sleepy Hollow

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Go down

Sleepy Hollow - Page 12 Empty Re: Sleepy Hollow

Post  Shadowlass on Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:47 pm

sagitare wrote:From Ausiello's column over at TV Line:

Question: On Sleepy Hollow, I didn’t understand why Abbie and Ichabod automatically assumed that George Washington had written in his Bible after his death. Did I miss something? –Andy

Ausiello: TVLine put that exact question to Ichabod himself, Tom Mison, who had this answer: “This is Sleepy Hollow, and it’s in hidden ink, in Washington’s Bible that was buried with Ichabod. My spoiler is: Yes, something weird is going on.” (Now imagine that in Crane’s clipped accent, and you’ll feel exactly as stupid as we did when he schooled us.)

A bit of dialogue that said basically this would have helped because yeah, in the episode it is a silly moment where you think, "Dude, he could have written that any time."

Yeah. I really enjoy this show, but it's stupider than it has to be. They need someone outside the writers' room to read the scripts and point out basic silliness like that.

Shadowlass

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:28 am

Well, I didn't see that coming.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:27 am

naughty zoot wrote:Well, I didn't see that coming.

Yeah, I pretty much looked like this through the final few minutes.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:47 am

I agree. Very unexpected, at leas on my part!
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:00 pm

Ha, it was a great twist, and I did start to wonder when the prayer beads scarred him, since we knew Knapp was an unequivocal good guy, there was no reason the beads should be evil. Let me just say this episode gave me a grade A legit nightmare, two hours of creepy sheet, was enough to terrify my subconscious.

I was initially pissed when SHOW thought that in any universe I (or ANYONE) would trade Abby for Katrina, but then the Horseman came and carried her away and I laughed. Ha.

I loved the LSD trip ass-ness of Abbie's dollhouse. And of course the amazing moment when Ichabod burned the map and forged his future with Abby. Yeah he still recreated the map, but it didn't feel or play like a betrayal. I can't believe they left every character in jeopardy, buried Ichabod, dollhouse Abbie, car accident Jenny, and confessed to murder Irving. Oh and kidnapped Katrina, but I'm not sweating that, Headless can keep her.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:04 pm

I freaked out so much at Henry being War (I really wanted it to be Katrina) that I scared my dogs. When he also turned out to be Jeremy I don't know how I controlled myself. Now that's how you do a twist. That's how you do a season finale.

Jenny better be alive next season because I need her to save Ichabod and Katrina, slap them for leaving Abbie and then go get Abbie on her own.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:15 pm

We basically got two midseason finales (Jenny & Katrina) and two season finales (Ichabod and Abbie) in one episode.  

Andy getting mummified by those insects is the stuff of my nightmares.  

I predicted Jeremy becoming a Molloch minion but I absolutely did not see the Jeremy is Henry twist at all.  I somehow expected Jeremy to come back at the age he was when his heart stopped.  I didn't consider that he would be conscious through his entombment and slowly aging.  

I laughed at Abbies "ZOMBIE GEORGE WASHINGTON?!!!" and Ichabod's glee at finding new old-fashioned clothes.

Also, ICHABOD REMEMBED YOLANDA!!! I now imagine Ichabod sitting in Abbie's car some nights just to talk to Yolanda the Onstar rep about her love life.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:44 pm

Coneycat wrote:
naughty zoot wrote:Well, I didn't see that coming.

Yeah, I pretty much looked like this through the final few minutes.
ME TOO. I am SO glad I got caught up on this show before the finale because DAMN. They used my affection for kindly old harmlessly eccentric Walter Bishop AGAINST ME! Well played, show!!

I loved creepy purgatory with all the creepy shit going on, including the dollhouse. Also it's nice that Washington's tomb had a MAGICAL ENTRANCE instead of just like, they had to dig it up like a normal tomb. Time-saver though. The trapdoor on the other side didn't look that magical though. I also loved Abbie just ragingly chasing Moloch through purgatory.

For some reason I laughed SO HARD when Ichabod saw the smiley and said "oh, it's a man's face." A MAN'S FACE. Hee hee hee. I don't know why that is so extra funny to me.

Yeah, that was really good. REALLY GOOD.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:53 pm

It's so refreshing when a show manages to completely surprise you, and by 'completely surprise' I mean, WAIT, WHAT???

Seriously though, kudos to the writing team for *that* ending because DUDE. I truly was flabbergasted. Now I can't wait for the DVDs so I can rewatch all the scenes with Parish and Ichabod post-Jeremy revelation (speaking of which, there was a moment at the end when Parish was going off on Crane and Katrina about abandoning him when Crane had this hilarious "Don't blame me, I didn't know she was pregnant!" expression).

I'm truly not a shipper at all but I couldn't help but notice how obvious it was that the camera would always switch over to Abbie and her SO OVER IT expression after one of Crane's "I must free Katrina!" lines. It was particularly noticeable when Crane makes his vow to Abbie in the church and Katrina was clearly NOT IMPRESSED. I must say, Crane came off as being *way* more intense and invested when he made that promise to Abbie than he ever seemed to be with Katrina (AND DIDN'T SHE KNOW IT). I don't know if the writers are going to have Ichabbie at some point but they're laying the groundwork.

Also, Katrina continues to be the Worst At Helping ("Oh yeah, I guess I forgot to mention before when you talked about freeing me that I can't actually leave without being forgiven. Otherwise someone else has to take my place. My bad!")

On the plus side: More John Noble next season. On the downside: more "I must free Katrina!" I hope the writers learned their lesson with that character this season and actually give her something to do in Season 2.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:40 pm

I was starting to get suspicious of Henry, so I wasn't surprised he was evil, and I figured Jeremy was going to turn out to be evil. I never thought Henry would turn out to be Jeremy AND War.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Crackie on Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:04 pm

That finale perfectly captured why I love this show-- it's just the right mix of humor and horror I've been missing since Buffy. Ichabod snarking on hipsters (artisinal marmalade!) just about killed me.

In retrospect, I'm a little surprised that Henry/ Jeremy turned out to be War. I think that Famine would be an interesting connection to his role as the sin eater.

Crackie

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:50 pm

Great finale to a great season of ridiculous TV. I am disappointed that Katrina isn't evil (YET. THAT WE KNOW OF.) but I thought it was funny when she was carried off on headless horseback right after Crane got her back. It was very "Your princess is in another castle!" But I hope we're not in for another season of trying to find and save poor dumb Katrina.

Speaking of princesses in other castles, poor Abbie, stuck in a creepy dollhouse in purgatory. :( And yeah, Ichabod is way more concerned about her and their mutual "appreciation" than he is about Katrina at this point. It was super sketchy that every time Katrina begged them to come and find her, she never mentioned that she couldn't actually, you know, GO with them if they were to find her. Unless...oh, but I couldn't...no you mustn't. Oh, OK, if you insist. You stay, we'll definitely come get you later. Show, you are not helping me like Katrina more. So I hope there's something more to this.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:19 pm

Maybe two centuries of purgatory made high society Quaker witch Katrina scatterbrained. I can't wait until Jenny meets Katrina because if any character is going to call Katrina out on her tendency to withhold vital information until the very last minute, it's going to be Jenny.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol on Tue Jan 21, 2014 5:06 pm

I was really not expecting that. I've heard almost every theory about the twist, but I don't any of them involved Henry. It was so unexpected that I want to go back and check that the writers were really laying the groundwork for Henry being evil all along and not just being twisty for twistiness' sake.

The whole thing was thoroughly epic and gripping. I loved seeing Clancy Brown again - he was so warm and his interaction with Nicole Beharie really sold her personal Purgatory. Same goes for Victor Garber as Daddy Crane - I hope to see more of him.

So many great Ichabbie moments. I really can't help but think that Ichabbie is endgame for the creators - otherwise they would give Katrina something to do to match Abbie's awesomeness apart from fail at magic. Mison and Beharie's natural chemistry, combined with the fantastic onscreen bond the characters have is just too good not to make it canon. Hugs! Hand-holding! Squee!

I like the imagery that that Ichy and Abbie metaphorically ended up precisely where they began: Abbie trapped by her childhood memories of Moloch (literally this time) and Ichabod buried alive. We have to wait until September to find out what happens?
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:04 pm

I turned off my phone last night, put away the laptop so I wouldn't be checking Twitter or Facebook and get spoiled by any live tweeting of the finale. I got up TWO HOURS earlier this morning so I could DL the show and watch it before I had to go house stuff and go to Brownies. But there was no link for me to DL this morning so I got grumbled at by Meg, who'd been asleep on my bed and who I'd disturbed by getting up so early, for nothing.
I checked links all morning. I nearly got spoiled when I tried to Google 'em. I couldn't check FB because I saw someone had posted a status about the show and I had to click out of there asap. I swear, for the few minutes I was actually online, I was like something from Phantom of the Opera ("Your hand at the level of your eyes!") but instead of the punjab lasso, I was afraid of SPOILERS.

But all was not lost because when I came home from Brownies, I found a link and I DL'd it and I watched the finale with Meg by my side and my hoodie hood up on my head for the last fifteen minutes (because I was hiding) and OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED. WHAT DID I JUST SEE??!!!

SAVE ABBIE! SAVE ICHABOD! SAVE KATRINA (I like her dresses, I can't help it), SAVE JENNY, SAVE IRVING!! (SAVE WILL GRAHAM TOO, while you're at it).

Henry Parrish is Jeremy?? Well played, show, well played.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have about another ten minutes of flailing left in me because OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:09 pm

I was thinking earlier today that I love the writers for making the finale as balls-to-the-wall as the rest of the season has been. Given how insanely popular it became so quickly, they didn't slow down or play it more carefully or become self-conscious at all about what they were doing. In fact, I think they slammed the pedal to the metal even *more*. FIST BUMP.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:14 pm

Grainne Mhaol wrote:otherwise they would give Katrina something to do to match Abbie's awesomeness apart from fail at magic
When she was all "oopsy, guess my magic isn't strong enough", I wanted to scream. What good are you, Katrina, if you can't even do the one thing they got you out of Purgatory to do? They should have called up Sabrina the Teenaged Witch.
TiffanyNichelle
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:18 pm

sagitare wrote:I was thinking earlier today that I love the writers for making the finale as balls-to-the-wall as the rest of the season has been. Given how insanely popular it became so quickly, they didn't slow down or play it more carefully or become self-conscious at all about what they were doing. In fact, I think they slammed the pedal to the metal even *more*. FIST BUMP.

I loved the fist bump moment between them in the finale. Crane's diatribe against the phone companies and smartphones was brilliant, especially when he called his flip top antiquated. Heh. He and my mother would have a lot to talk about.

I think they really made the right call when they gave this a thirteen episode season. It gave the writers the chance to tell the proper story without any padding and to keep that momentum going with the craziness they've had since episode one. I also love that they embraced their way of story telling so completely right up to the very last shot in the finale.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:19 pm

QueenSix wrote:SAVE ABBIE! SAVE ICHABOD! SAVE KATRINA (I like her dresses, I can't help it), SAVE JENNY, SAVE IRVING!! (SAVE WILL GRAHAM TOO, while you're at it).
HE DOESN'T EVEN GO HERE!

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol on Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:01 pm

sagitare wrote:FIST BUMP

I forgot about the fist bump secret handshake! And she called him Ichabod! Crane, how could you leave her behind? My babies need to be reunited, my heart can't take it!! Excuse me, I have some abandonment issues, I need to go cry into my pillow now.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:32 pm

TiffanyNichelle wrote:
Grainne Mhaol wrote:otherwise they would give Katrina something to do to match Abbie's awesomeness apart from fail at magic
When she was all "oopsy, guess my magic isn't strong enough", I wanted to scream. What good are you, Katrina, if you can't even do the one thing they got you out of Purgatory to do? They should have called up Sabrina the Teenaged Witch.
I KNOW. YOU HAD ONE JOB, KATRINA.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:01 pm

TiffanyNichelle wrote:
Hee hee, SERIOUSLY.

BTW, I have been reading the Fug Girls' lengthy piece about their visit to the set/interview with the costume designer and it is FASCINATING. I SO ENJOY behind-the-scenes goodness. So much thought that goes into the costuming that I'd probably never have picked up on (no blue allowed! no synthetics in the flashbacks!), and I love hearing about how they need multiples of everything and so sometimes they need to somehow find 50 identical old-timey buttons, and the Moloch guy's suit was too small because someone else played him in the pilot, and seeing things like tags that say SASHES FOR DIGNITARIES. I read Part 1 earlier today and am headed to Part 2 (the spoilery one).
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:01 pm

I love that the show is committed to its own fantastical mythology/adventure (I don't know how best to describe it, so apologies for coming short)! I was stunned watching the twists and then the cliffhanger left me wanting for fall to come NOW!

Maybe they can subtitle next season "Ichabod and his Apocalypse touch".

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:05 am

I liked that Crane asks people to leave their name, rank, and phone number in his voicemail greeting.
Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  shanndee on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:09 am

I really thought I knew what was going to happen. I really did. I was really wrong. I kind of thought (for a minute) that Henry might be Jeremy, but I convinced myself that wasn't possible. Did NOT see him being Jeremy AND War.

I love you show.

So. When does the blu ray come out? (hopefully packed full of hours and hours of lovely extras!)

PS. I really want to see more of Obi Wan Corbin next season. I got misty watching him interact with Abbie in purgatory (I know it wasn't really him, but I believe that they had that sort of relationship).

shanndee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 24 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum