Sleepy Hollow

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Sleepy Hollow

Post  biakbiak on Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:09 pm

Heck the fact that the "sleepy village" of Sleepy Hollow has a population of 144,000 is enough to make me not care about anything to do to history because it's clearly not this world.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  rivki8699 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:56 pm

So I finally watched the first two episodes this weekend, and I really liked it! I think Abbie and Ichabod are both adorable, both individually and together. I am absolutely going to end up shipping them together, if for no other reason than that the height difference is amazing. I have never claimed not to be shallow.

I can't get behind Katrina, in part because her costume is so bizarre. It just looks like a generic cheap floozy barmaid costume for Halloween, not what anyone would have been wearing (witch or otherwise) around the Revolutionary War.
rivki8699

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:06 pm

Rip Van Winklehotness enjoyed the pow wows.

Also he and Lefty's hairsyles were the same again so I declare they do it so Winklehot Twins Power can activate.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:13 pm

I got a Back To The Future/sandman joke, and that's all that really matters, right? I will be there next episode.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:56 am

p_p, I loved that joke! As soon as they started playing "Mr. Sandman" (which, of course, was appropriate for the episode's villain), I said "Gee, we just heard this song in Back to the Future." Then the used-car salesman guy had a line about time travellers and a used DeLorean, and I killed myself laughing.

This show rocks. It's silly and fun.
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:10 pm

I can't get behind Katrina, in part because her costume is so bizarre. It just looks like a generic cheap floozy barmaid costume for Halloween, not what anyone would have been wearing (witch or otherwise) around the Revolutionary War.
I have to admit, I kind of love the craziness of Katrina's Renfair reject costumes. Not to mention the heavy smokey eye -- I had no idea that there were Urban Decay makeup counters during the Revolutionary War era.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:26 pm

Well maybe he wasn't kidding about the DeLorean after all...
--

Frankly, I wasn't paying very close attention to Katrina's clothing and makeup, being more concerned with her hottness at the time. (Speaking of which, I loved the "Is this necessary?" scene. Abby is well-named.)

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  jennlynnster on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:51 pm

It's getting a second season!

jennlynnster

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:36 pm

Interesting they went that way instead of ordering a back 9 like many critics thought would happen.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:19 pm

It is, especially with such a high high concept show as this, less total episodes per season will hopefully help it stick around for the full 7 years of promised trials for Abbie/Ichabod. I can also see that that allows Fox to keep it "seasonal" programming with Autumn/Halloween which the original story is already strongly linked to (even though for most of actual October they are checked out for baseball).

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:11 pm

I need some translation. What's a "back 9"?

Last edited by particle_person on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:16 pm

Most new shows only receive an initial order of 13 episodes, after they premiere the network orders more, if it's a hit they usually order 9 episodes to make a full season of 22 episodes, it's usally referred to as the back 9.

Sleepy Hollow was always being promoted as a more limited 13 episode season but since it did so well a lot of critics predicted that it would get the full season order and Fox would figure out a place to put it once The Following took over their timeslot.

I am curious to see how The Following does in comparison when it comes back because so many people I know stopped watching it.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:49 am

Gotta say, the only reason I kept watching The Following is that I love Kevin Bacon. If it starred anyone else, I would've given up long ago.

Very good news about Sleepy Hollow! This show is just fun.
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:26 pm

This show is so great! I love its silliness & it's adorable!

I can not love it anymore than I already do!

Well, now that Crane ~has joined~ the force, I'll wonder if he'll get a pay cheque. Heck, they can do an entire episode of him navigating the modern world w/his pay & I would enjoy it/be glued to the screen!

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:46 am

aficionada wrote:Well, now that Crane ~has joined~ the force, I'll wonder if he'll get a pay cheque. Heck, they can do an entire episode of him navigating the modern world w/his pay & I would enjoy it/be glued to the screen!
Personally, I just want them to do an episode where he goes shopping. Poor guy only has the ONE outfit! I want to see what his reaction to zippers is.

But I am totally with you. I am so down for a "Crane tries to navigate modern life" episode.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:21 pm

Oh, I don't want to see him in modern clothing at all. They need to find a going out of business, Sleepy Hollow version of Old Sturbridge Village to raid for period clothing to keep him properly outfitted. Jeans and t-shirts would just mess with the mystique.
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:41 pm

Yeah I LOVE how they downplay his fish out of water stuff, because APOCALYPSE, but I like the idea that what he'd hold on to from the past is the way he's dressed. He should try modern clothes and reject them.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:06 pm

I want them to take him to a costume shop to get more clothes. Put I really want him to keep the coat, pants, and boots.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:05 pm

I like the idea of him keeping some of the old clothes, but introducing him to modern pants.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Crane: I proudly wear the uniform of the Army of the Continental Congreff, theng queue, and I will not trade if for an undergarment marked with a picture of a sports club.
Mills: Dude. That coat is 200 years old.
Crane: As am I, madame, and I've held up relatively well.
Mills: You were buried in it.
Crane: Alright. I will allow the charwoman to launder it, but...
Mills: Anyway the historical society will steal it off your back  when they see it. We need to get you a new look. Let's see...
Crane: Who is 'Dean Winchester?'
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:53 pm

I'll just wait here until you post the link to the rest of your "Crane and the Lieutenant Go to the Mall" fic, Corvus.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:23 am

I was just reminded of my favourite bit from last week's episode: Crane's reaction to learning about the venom. Mison's reaction and his delivery of "Wha', whu'...what?" was hilarious.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:02 am

Me too, Corvus! That exchange was gold ... GOLD!
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:40 am

aficionada wrote:This show is so great! I love its silliness & it's adorable!

I can not love it anymore than I already do!

Well, now that Crane ~has joined~ the force, I'll wonder if he'll get a pay cheque. Heck, they can do an entire episode of him navigating the modern world w/his pay & I would enjoy it/be glued to the screen!
If he found the levy on baked goods outrageous, I'd love to see his reaction to all the other taxes Americans pay. I also want to see his reaction to finding out about the UK's government and the role of the modern monarchy.

Another big question. When does he get his driver's license?

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Thank you, thank you, don't forget to tip your servers!

But seriously, unlike the much-lamented somewhat humor-deprived 'Supernatural' (when last I was watching, the bits with Collins were amusing but awfully forced), the Sleepy Hollow writers seem to have it well in hand. The anachronism bits are occasional, intelligent and well-chosen, not gratuitous or obvious. Even, one might say with some irony given the very high suspension-of-disbelief threshold on this show, plausible.
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 24 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 24  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top