Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleepy Hollow

+48
Crackie
Putli Bai
pinguerin
Instant Monkeys
Grainne Mhaol
Shadowlass
Genevieve
formerlyrandom
Heather
Cynara
GoodbyeWithWords
MtOlivePickles
gannetguts
punzy
PrincessCleo
shanndee
Muggsy
SNeaker
Coneycat
ichabotcrane
Miss Moneypenny
big chicken
Carrie Ann
Corvus
jennlynnster
rivki8699
Agent Sculder
chibimanda
biakbiak
Unlucky Bear
Snarker
dionneshea
Raised by wolves
Shalamar
QueenSix
RiverThames
bookworm
TiffanyNichelle
blixie
sagitare
naughty zoot
laddical
Kiran
ActonBell
jensa
particle_person
Gallifrey Girl
dreago
52 posters

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

Sleepy Hollow - Page 21 Empty Re: Sleepy Hollow

Post  naughty zoot Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:56 pm

I did not realize that Orlando Jones live-tweets during the show until tonight. Also, excellent episode tonight! Oh, Abby.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:21 am

Is Katrina trying to be Willow? The reavers are like Serenity and first there was a homage to supernatural now to Joss Whedon hmmm please don't take away this show it's getting better again
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:27 am

Oh my giddy aunt, this show just got awesome again. Ending the interminable Henry arc and making Katrina finally unleash her badness was the best thing Sleepy Hollow has done all season. The last scene was pure Season One gold, what with the parallels to Ichabod's introduction to the twenty-first century and the string version of 'Sympathy for the Devil'. Genius.

I got chills. If next week goes the way I think, Season Three (let us pray) will involve a timeline reset which corrects a lot of this season's problems. Irving's got his soul back! Plus Cynthia and Macey might be witches!

Only Kindred making a comeback would make me more excited right now.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:54 am

the string version of 'Sympathy for the Devil'

Does anyone know who did that version? I WANT it. It was amazing.

That whole episode was so much fun! Thank goodness this show got its groove back.
Shalamar
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:30 pm

I haven't watched the show since the midseason finale--209, I think. I was waiting for it to get better, so I have all the new eps saved on my DVR. Do you guys think it's time to come back to the show? And if so, should I just start with this one, or go back a few?

Last edited by Carrie Ann on Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:16 pm

Carrie Ann wrote:I haven't watched the show since the midseason finale--209, I think? I was waiting for it to get better, so I have all the new eps saved on my DVR? Do you guys think it's time to come back to the show? And if so, should I just start with this one, or go back a few?
I'd say go back a few. They started re-setting what, three eps ago? Maybe four? I'd pick up after the one where Hawley left ("Kali Yuga").

To be honest, the only episode this entire season that stands out to me is "Mama" so if you've got that recorded definitely watch it. Otherwise, just skip most of the rest.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:59 am

My show is back! Honestly, my heart was in my mouth for the entire episode. It felt like classic season one Sleepy Hollow, Headless being scary and not emo, stakes we actually care about, tension being raised to an almost unbearable degree, and best of all, Ichabbie moments that felt natural and unforced.

For most of the season, I felt like they were paying lip-service to their bond, with Ichabod giving impassioned speeches about how they needed to stick together one moment, only to have him side with Katrina the next. The selfie moment was precious, but what I loved most was 1780's Ichabod's progression from outright disbelief to trusting her while Abbie was all 'Come here and hug me you big dumb colonial'.

Tom Mison's acting was fantastic, showing the propriety and the understandable incredulity of his character in his situation. There were times in this season where his performance was a bit cartoonish, emphasising the comedy of the character at the expense of his dignity. Ichabod came across as a buffoon too many times for my liking, but here he was given a chance to stretch himself.

Him killing Katrina was way more brutal than I expected, but given the violent reaction of the fandom to her character this season, it was to be expected. I recall way way back in season one in the Television Without Pity forum, somebody was severely castigated for suggesting that this might one day happen. 'This isn't Game of Thrones' was the response if I remember. Oh, how times have changed.

I felt a little disappointed by the ending to be honest. I know that without the announcement of a renewal they wanted to sew things up, but I wish they had left things a little more open-ended. The spell worked a touch too well for my tastes. I love time travel, so a little butterfly effect would have been great, shifting things around just enough so that maybe Irving was reinstated in his job, or Corbin came back from the dead. The possibilities are endless.

Nevertheless, I feel they did the best they could, given the way this season was bungled. Did anybody else notice that the battle footage from the opening scene first made an appearance back in the season two trailer? There seemed to be some reuse of footage going on, and it makes me wonder what the original plan for season two was. Some people speculate that Goffman planned to keep Abbie in Purgatory until the mid-season finale, which would have been an even bigger catastrophe. I guess I should be grateful for small mercies.

I really enjoyed the episode anyhow. Given what this show was, and what this episode suggests could be again, I would be so crushed if it got cancelled now.

Last edited by Grainne Mhaol on Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:56 am

Where is the headless horseman ? Hee hee Ichabod cracked the liberty bell
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:42 am

Grainne Mhaol wrote:
For most of the season, I felt like they were paying lip-service to their bond, with Ichabod giving impassioned speeches about how they needed to stick together one moment, only to have him side with Katrina the next.

See, for me that always felt like demonstrations of the way Ichabod was being pulled in different directions-- he's committed to being a Witness, but he also fell in love with Katrina, and married her, and if he wasn't loyal to her when she was isolated I'd have a very serious problem with him. I get that Katrina wasn't popular with fans but in-universe I think it absolutely makes sense that a character like Ichabod would continue to have a bond with someone he married, and the show would have to deal with that, including how that relationship affected all his other relationships. So his gradual turning away from Katrina and the Mills sister' growing, and eventually open, unease about Katrina all feels pretty reasonable. And, in fact, feels exactly like what the show has been saying since the beginning of the season: "we know Katrina is unpopular, but you'll be fine with how it all works out."

Since they didn't kill Katrina in the season one finale they've had to deal with the character this season, and this arc feels reasonable to me. I get that a lot of fans wish Ichabod had realized he was wrong about the woman he loved and banished her in the season two opener or something, but story-wise there was no reason for him to do so, and the Ichabod I like would have needed a damn good reason.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:11 am

this arc feels reasonable to me.

With respect, the Crane Family Drama occupied 13 out of 18 episodes, that is not an "arc". That is the entire narrative for the season, and while I agree that Ichabod's loyalties should have been torn, that is only to a point, in episode what 5 he was listing out all her many many many lies to him, her shady behavior and out right betrayals coupled with his status as Witness absolutely should have made him cut ties with Katrina way earlier in the season, she should have become out right evil earlier in the season, and we should have had her die at the mid-point, and moved on to other things that were not insufferably annoying.

I will continue to praise the fan service gods for her being killed and turning to magic dust.

Anyway.

I my favorite thing about last nights episode was the beautiful scene between Abbie and Grace, the Mills women cross generations, and it's a rare and wonderful site to see on network television and it was done in gorgeous way, I only wish it had been longer, some were speculated that Abbie was the ancestoral statue from the Gorgon episode and that Grace would do the spell on Ichabod, and then present time Ichabod would wake her up in the future somehow.

My second favorite was Abbie handing that Colonel his ass in the jail cell, and before that using the screws in the bench to unlock it. Abbie Mills is an American Hero. And then Ichabod showing up like Dougray Scott in Ever After all..."I'm here to....save you?" Hee. Ichabbie love.

So yeah I don't know if Goffman is still on board, but clearly he does have the talent to write the show to it's strengths, here's hoping if he's still around next season he's on short, choke chain leash.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:38 am

Coneycat wrote:Since they didn't kill Katrina in the season one finale they've had to deal with the character this season, and this arc feels reasonable to me. I get that a lot of fans wish Ichabod had realized he was wrong about the woman he loved and banished her in the season two opener or something, but story-wise there was no reason for him to do so, and the Ichabod I like would have needed a damn good reason.
Right, but I guess I feel like that's all they needed to do--give him a reason, and do that earlier in the season. I would have been fine with Katrina's presence in this season had the character served an interesting narrative or even character function throughout. But she didn't. She brought Ichabod down, she pulled focus from Abbie, and time was wasted building an Ichatrina relationship for nothing.

If they knew this was where it was headed all along, it almost makes it worse. I had a feeling they might be--there was a lot of eyerolling about how people need to have faith and be patient, but that's what I've been saying all along. It's just as annoying to me if you are building toward some great payoff, and paying no attention to the journey to get there. Like blixie said, Ep 5 was so exciting to me, because I thought we were about to go there with Shady Katrina, and start the dissolution of the marriage, but then it was all handwaved away a minute later. That would have been the time to start doling out winks to the audience, building to signs that she was actually working the other side, and go full evil by the end.

Anyway, I guess I can't speak to whether they stuck the landing here, because I haven't watched since the midseason finale. I am going to watch the last few that are piled on the DVR and if it comes back, we'll hope they've learned a solid lesson from this season.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:00 pm

Coneycat wrote:See, for me that always felt like demonstrations of the way Ichabod was being pulled in different directions-- he's committed to being a Witness, but he also fell in love with Katrina, and married her, and if he wasn't loyal to her when she was isolated I'd have a very serious problem with him.

This is an example of poor characterisation for me. From the start, Katrina has always been a plot device rather than a character, pulled in whatever direction they needed her to go. From exposition fairy to object of Ichabod and Abraham's desire to witch and spy to captive - she never felt organic. She was always react to situations because she was written to fit the arc of Season One. Season Two showed that they didn't know which way to go with her. Mary's death showed that she was dishonest and manipulative (albeit for understandable reasons), which Ichabod rightly rebuked her for.

After that, the writers pursued the 'Redemption Arc', forcing Ichabod to go along with Katrina's plan to redeem Henry even though he should have no emotional connection to him. He just came across as weak-willed, showing little of the proud and dignified bearing that we had come to love in him. His relationship with Abbie had been set up from the beginning as one of loyalty and complete honesty - his marriage with Katrina was always going to play second fiddle to that. If they had gone with that arc they might have produced some real drama, not inflicting their awkward romance on us while Abbie was left to twist in the wind for episodes at a time.

blixie wrote:My second favorite was Abbie handing that Colonel his ass in the jail cell, and before that using the screws in the bench to unlock it. Abbie Mills is an American Hero. And then Ichabod showing up like Dougray Scott in Ever After all..."I'm here to....save you?" Hee. Ichabbie love.

Just beautiful. Even when Abbie is in trouble, she always takes care of business and never needs 'rescuing' in the traditional sense. They take care of each other and balance each other out. I hope we get Season Three so we can see much more of their beautiful friendship.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:36 pm

I am WELL SATISFIED with that episode and the conclusion to the season. I don't think it felt totally organic -- I was literally laughing at how evil Katrina suddenly was, and it had for me a definite feel of "OH GOD OH GOD WE BROKE IT YOU BROKE IT PUT IT BACK TOGETHER PUT IT BAAAAAACK," which would make sense. Like, if I didn't know what was going on with this show and someone told me "They had most of the episodes in the can and then got a humongously negative fan response and busted ass to turn the boat around as fast as they could in the last three or four episodes," I would have been like, ah yes, I see. There was a lot of "Oh good, Irving's soul came back when Henry died!" "We have a team back in 2015, you, me, Jenny and Irving, and nobody else!" "Katrina now is NOT THE SAME as Katrina from before, SHE'S EVIL AND WE HATE HER NOW." I think Jenny literally said "This part is over!" at the end.

But that's OK. They messed it up but good, and they put the pieces back together as well as they could and that's what I appreciate.

I'm completely fine with Katrina being killed off. I don't feel it was paced very well, which I attribute to the sudden course correction. They did hint strongly about it earlier in the season, but then sort of suggested that we should let that go for now as Crane and Katrina made up and tried to start anew or whatever. But then suddenly at the end she got super evil, and it did feel like it came out of nowhere despite the previous hints of shadiness. My guess is that they were planning something like this eventually -- either that Katrina becomes evil/dies or that she becomes evil and in some extremely tedious plot that I thank Thomas Jefferson we didn't have to sit through she eventually comes back around -- because they HAVE been laying that groundwork all season, but until very recently it seemed like they were planting seeds for some future plot.

I DON'T like the idea that a mob of shippers was calling for Katrina's head -- but I do think killing her off was the right choice, just because she was not adding anything to the show, her character was not working, and all their fumbling about what to do with her took time away from the good stuff about the show. I didn't want her dead because MWAHAHAHAHA ICHABBIE, but because she was dragging the show down. I hope, too (if the show is renewed! which it better be *cries*), that they don't just start next season with Ichabod all cheerful and sassy -- I hope they let him have a true mourning period, because he DID love her, and even though she sucked, that was a failure of execution, and in the universe of the show she did not suck as much, if that makes sense, so I hope they'll allow Ichabod's character a transitional period. After she died I actually felt this flutter of panic for Ichabod, like "oh god, she's really dead -- ICHABOD IS ALL ALONE IN THE FUTURE WITH ALL THESE FUTURE PEOPLE, HE'S ALOOOOOONE" and I DON'T EVEN LIKE KATRINA. But that's a profound thing, that his last tie to his old life is gone.

And something I do like about her not having been evil all season is that I have liked how the show RESISTED making it an Abbie vs. Katrina fighting over Ichabod thing. One of my favorite things about the character of Abbie and the way Nicole Beharie plays her is how she will kind of stand quietly back while somebody is having histrionics over something, then step in and calmly but firmly steer that person back to the task at hand. She has held back a LOT of DESERVED judgment about Katrina, but she has never ever gone to the "it's her or me" place or brought that into the context at all. Despite my Ichabbie love, I'm extremely glad that we have NOT seen a single moment of Abbie registering (external) jealousy or cattiness over Katrina, and only at the end when Katrina was far over the edge of evildom did she start giving into sentiments like "Ichabod is fighting with ANOTHER WOMAN." That has really not been a factor AND IT SHOULDN'T BE, so I'm happy about that. Now that "the obstacle" is out of the way, I fervently hope that we do NOT jump headlong into some kind of Ichabbie romance OR a season of fanfic-like pining-for-each-other-while-thinking-the-other-doesn't-feel-the-same-way stuff. I just want them (for now, OK?) to continue to build their bond and get on with the Witnessing, with Jenny and Irving as loyal helpers and without all this other distracting bullshit.

The episode was full of moments I loved. THE SELFIE VIDEO, even though that didn't really make sense (who takes a video of themselves trying to take a selfie). That was straight fanfic and I adored it. Ichabod sliding the phone on the table WAS GOLD. Abbie kicking the ass of Corporal Whoever and Crane being all "I'm here to...rescue you? Mmkay." All the callbacks to the pilot (that's a Starbucks, that's a Starbucks too). ABBIE'S JACKET, I REALLY REALLY WANT IT. Everything about the Ben Franklin scene, up to and including the part where he was FUCKING BEHEADED, because this is the kind of batshit show where you can have a scene where A DEMON SLICES OFF THE HEAD OF BENJAMIN FRANKLIN (and it's very emotional!), and that exact kind of batshit is exactly what made me love the show in the first place. And Grace Dixon, that was so moving, that whole scene. Also Ichabod's little surprised lurch as Abbie gave him an extra squeeze in the middle of their hug.

In their haste to assemble it all semi-coherently, I was glad about the idea of Katrina reuniting with Henry/Jeremy and being happy about that. That worked well. Fine, you guys go be happy and dead together offscreen. Sounds good. (A shame about John Noble because he's so awesome, but the character got caught up in the not-working of everything else it was connected to.)

So, yeah. RENEW IT RENEW IT RENEW IT. Speaking of semi-coherence.

Oh look, more posts have come in since I started writing this:

Grainne Mhaol wrote:This is an example of poor characterisation for me. From the start, Katrina has always been a plot device rather than a character, pulled in whatever direction they needed her to go. From exposition fairy to object of Ichabod and Abraham's desire to witch and spy to captive - she never felt organic. She was always react to situations because she was written to fit the arc of Season One. Season Two showed that they didn't know which way to go with her. Mary's death showed that she was dishonest and manipulative (albeit for understandable reasons), which Ichabod rightly rebuked her for.

After that, the writers pursued the 'Redemption Arc', forcing Ichabod to go along with Katrina's plan to redeem Henry even though he should have no emotional connection to him. He just came across as weak-willed, showing little of the proud and dignified bearing that we had come to love in him. His relationship with Abbie had been set up from the beginning as one of loyalty and complete honesty - his marriage with Katrina was always going to play second fiddle to that. If they had gone with that arc they might have produced some real drama, not inflicting their awkward romance on us while Abbie was left to twist in the wind for episodes at a time.

Exactly. There COULD have been interesting tension with Ichabod/Katrina vs. Ichabod/Abbie (in a character sense, not a "that bitch is trying to steal my man" sense), but Katrina never really broke through as a real character for me, and they were extremely inconsistent with her. She was in a way the "prize" of Season 1, but once they won the prize she didn't have a purpose and they never figured out a way to repurpose her, so we were left with a lot of talk about how she was Ichabod's wife and a powerful witch, but the character never really got beyond a sketch.

Carrie Ann wrote:If they knew this was where it was headed all along, it almost makes it worse. I had a feeling they might be--there was a lot of eyerolling about how people need to have faith and be patient, but that's what I've been saying all along. It's just as annoying to me if you are building toward some great payoff, and paying no attention to the journey to get there. Like blixie said, Ep 5 was so exciting to me, because I thought we were about to go there with Shady Katrina, and start the dissolution of the marriage, but then it was all handwaved away a minute later. That would have been the time to start doling out winks to the audience, building to signs that she was actually working the other side, and go full evil by the end.

Totally agree; this is what I mean about the bad pacing as I longwindedly said above, and this is why I wonder if they were planning this but a couple of seasons out or something. It all seemed like it was building with that Mary stuff and then it just reversed itself. There wasn't enough of a build towards her complete turnaround at the end, like they were idling on that plotline but then suddenly revved it the fuck up at the last second. (But, again, I'm OK with it because I'm glad they did what they could to stop the show's hemmorhaging of viewers.)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:10 pm

Instant Monkeys wrote:...I have liked how the show RESISTED making it an Abbie vs. Katrina fighting over Ichabod thing. One of my favorite things about the character of Abbie and the way Nicole Beharie plays her is how she will kind of stand quietly back while somebody is having histrionics over something, then step in and calmly but firmly steer that person back to the task at hand. She has held back a LOT of DESERVED judgment about Katrina, but she has never ever gone to the "it's her or me" place or brought that into the context at all.

I really liked that, too. It was pretty clear from the beginning of the season that Abbie had her doubts, but she sincerely gave Katrina a chance (while simultaneously trying to point out that rescuing Henry was a mug's game), was friendly and supportive to her when need be, and tried to include her on Team Witness. All season she's been professional as a Witness and a good friend to Ichabod, which to me gave extra weight to her growing doubts and the quiet venting she and Jennie did together. Katrina was Ichabod's weak spot and Abbie did all the damage control she could until it played itself out as it must. I liked that choice by the writers.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:55 pm

I usually don't post this kind of thing here, but it's too damn adorable. The whole of Crane's selfie-video.

I love that Nicole corpses at the end when Tom says: 'Quick, quick, we must Tumble it!'
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:15 pm

Grainne Mhaol wrote:
blixie wrote:My second favorite was Abbie handing that Colonel his ass in the jail cell, and before that using the screws in the bench to unlock it. Abbie Mills is an American Hero. And then Ichabod showing up like Dougray Scott in Ever After all..."I'm here to....save you?" Hee. Ichabbie love.

Just beautiful. Even when Abbie is in trouble, she always takes care of business and never needs 'rescuing' in the traditional sense. They take care of each other and balance each other out. I hope we get Season Three so we can see much more of their beautiful friendship.

This. This right here. I wasn't surprised that Abbie took him out (because come on, it's Abbie), but the ease and matter-of-factness was a thing of beauty.

Soldier Dude: Imma teach you a lesson.
Abbie: Imma kick your ass.
Soldier advances.
Abbie kicks ass.

Ichabod arrives.

Hee! That was my favorite part of the show. Nicole Beharie should win all the Emmys.

I feel weirdly sorry for Katia Winter, but not sorry enough to want Katrina back. Has any other show ever perform fanservice like this? It would be like Whedon killing Dawn off at the end of season six Buffy.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:13 pm

Grainne Mhaol wrote:I usually don't post this kind of thing here, but it's too damn adorable. The whole of Crane's selfie-video.

I love that Nicole corpses at the end when Tom says: 'Quick, quick, we must Tumble it!'

THIS IS BEYOND PRECIOUS, and also, maybe this part was in the show but I totally missed that he was taking the video by ACCIDENT! DOY, it's CRANE. I thought they were documenting the taking of the selfie for some reason. But obviously, he was trying to take a selfie, he did the video thing by mistake (just like all parents of today), and then Abbie kept it because it was too cute to delete OH MY GOD KILL ME. (OK, it clearly devolves into blooperdom at the very end, but still. CANON.)
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:31 pm

Guys, Goffman is out. Things are looking good for a much better Season 3. Let's hope Fox has realized that they need diversity in their writers' room, and that they need to find someone with a real vision for this show. Worst case, they promote someone (M Raven Metzner, for example) from within. That would probably be OK too, but I feel like this show could really benefit from fresh eyes, and a person who is deeply interested in Abbie and in the Ichabod/Abbie dynamic.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:57 am

I was just coming to post this! Yay!
MichiSichi
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  jensa Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:04 pm

Season 3!

I am cautiously optimistic for the new season.
jensa
jensa

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:29 pm

Yay! Despite the pile of mess the beginning of Season 2 was, they really brought it around towards the end. I am excite!
dionneshea
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:08 pm

I'm glad it'll have a chance to develop from where it ended, but it'll be the make-or-break season for sure.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:02 am

So relieved! Time to erase the misery of Season Two from our collective memories and get back to the fun and goofy show we all love. I'm so proud of the fandom for their support of the show and their determination to get it back on track.

There are some things to pull from the wreckage of the last season though:

• Orion
  • Joe Corbin
  • Hawley - in small doses mind - now that we've firmly disposed of that love-triangle nonsense. He wasn't a terrible character, just an overused one.
  • The Kindred - seriously, I think the writers just forgot about him. One of the main problems this season was the tendency to introduce interesting themes or characters and then drop them, kill them off (Caroline - we miss you!), or have them fly out a window/ride off into the night (Orion, Kali Yuga lady, the aforementioned Kindred, arguably Abraham).
  • Big Ash!

Also, let's not forget, the Headless Horseman - I stress headless. I like Neil Jackson but his overuse this season turned the Horseman of Death into a lovesick puppy. I want to see more Horsemen rise - that was the bedrock of the show's mythology. Also, are we going to hear more about the Seven Seals? So many questions!

One fear I have is that the much-touted 'less serialised format' was not just code for 'less Crane family drama'. I want to see more of the mythology fleshed out. There was so much potential in the Corbin files - and that would be a great excuse for Joe Corbin to become part of the gang.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:42 am

Given the *massive* success of Empire, I'm less worried about all that "less serialized" bullshit from the new Fox suits, since Empire is an old school, heavily serialized soap opera.

I'm so happy we'll get a season three hopefully the new showrunner can find that S1 groove, mostly by respecting his leads and the chemistry they have together.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:15 pm

I definitely second getting Joe Corbin back. My hope for the next season is that they focus on world building in Sleepy Hollow in order to create a believable cast of supporting characters. Not only that, but show the main characters doing something other than chasing after the monster of the week. Get Crane back to the historical re-enactment society, let's see the inside of Abbie's apartment for once, more emphasis on her actually being a cop, more about the police department (again, work on having some good supporting characters there). As one review from S2 noted, the apocalypse happened and Sleepy Hollow didn't seem to even lose internet connection. It'd be nice to establish a concrete connection between the main characters and everyone else.
sagitare
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum