Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miley Cyrus

+15
GoodbyeWithWords
lisa
maxell131313
swsa
Arabella
Kookla
Jude
Raksha
biakbiak
Crowbridge
Grainne Mhaol
ActonBell
mayram
RubyTuesday
naughty zoot
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Miley Cyrus Empty Miley Cyrus

Post  naughty zoot Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:14 am

Sinead O'Connor weighs in.
I'm not actually seeing how "Wrecking Ball" could have been inspired by "Nothing Compares 2 U".
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Miley Cyrus Empty Re: Miley Cyrus

Post  RubyTuesday Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:49 am

Apparently it's the beginning of the video - this article has a comparison photo. I haven't seen the entire video so I don't know if there's anything else.

RubyTuesday

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:24 pm

RubyTuesday wrote:Apparently it's the beginning of the video - this article has a comparison photo. I haven't seen the entire video so I don't know if there's anything else.
Haven't seen the video either, but that photo of Miley made me laugh out loud. She shot right past Sinead and landed somewhere in Gollum territory with that look.

I liked Sinead's letter though, that was a good read.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:12 pm

Miley comparing Sinead to Amanda Bynes and basically mocking both of their mental health issues has cemented my hatred for her forever. What an overprivileged, overpraised little twit.
ActonBell
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:54 pm

What a vile brat. I have lost any sympathy I ever had for her clueless, spoiled backside.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:11 pm

She's too immature and spoiled to realize Sinead is right. The industry is filled with overtly sexual young women who do practically anything to get attention, and just because that's become the norm, that doesn't make it a good thing. But instead of listening to Sinead and giving her an actual answer, she cracks some lame-ass joke and makes fun of people with mental health issues. What a twat.

The one positive I can find in this is that Miley was criticized by a person she imitated, so she must be pissed about that. With every dark cloud, you know?

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:30 pm

biakbiak
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:09 pm

I am so sick of this brat. I just want her to STFU and get off my lawn.
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:22 pm

I absolutely loathe this child. Good for Sinead for sticking it to her sorry, pathetically attention-seeking ass.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  Kookla Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:06 pm

My issue with Miley is not her sexualized image, it's the fact that she comes across as a terrible person. I may not agree with everything in Sinaed's letter, but I predicted that an argument like that would go right over the head of Miley, who just seems happy in her assholery.

Last edited by Kookla on Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Kookla

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:09 pm

I think from one-star-to-another open letters, are kind of attention whorey and in general a bad idea (is there a case where the celebrity in question takes the advice, ever) but Miley's response was really heinous. I wish she were less of a know-it-all tryhard brat because I do like her album.

Last edited by Arabella on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:21 am

This is the first Miley-related thing that I've ever actually enjoyed: Autostraddle's article "Let's All Write Open Letters to Miley Cyrus and Also Your Mom Forever and Ever". It starts:

It's begun. With Sinead O'Connor's open letter to Miley Cyrus, and Amanda Palmer's open letter to Sinead O'Connor, a chain of events has been put into motion which no force in heaven or earth can stop until it's run its course and we are left with the smoking, burnt-out ruins of a culture.
And then it "predicts" the general contents of the chain of open letters sure come soon. Hilarious!
Raksha
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:51 pm

I just like...loathe her. And it sucks because she's clearly not going away anytime soon. She's actually becoming more praised and propped up which just means her ego is STILL growing and she's becoming even more full of herself and obnoxious. It's a neverending cycle now. I may actually hate the music industry more than her right now for continuing to validate her assholery and ego.

Also gross. NSFWish.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Dude, what the FUCK is Richardson's deal?

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  maxell131313 Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:54 pm

For Pete's sake, Miley, just go pose for Playboy or Penthouse and get it over with. We all know that's the direction you're heading and will complete your transition away from the Disney starlet you've been dying to erase. I'm sure your dad will go on tv and talk about how you're expressing yourself creatively and everyone's so proud of you and they support your artistic endeavors no matter what the public says. Congrats on aiming for the lowest common denominator.
maxell131313
maxell131313

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:56 pm

We all know that's the direction you're heading and will complete your transition away from the Disney starlet you've been dying to erase.
The thing I don't get is why more of these kids don't look at former child stars who successfully transitioned to adulthood and take a few notes on the general playbook:

1. Get out of the industry for a few years and go to college (see also: Jodie Foster, Brooke Shields, Natalie Portman, Claire Danes, Jennifer Connelly)

2. Stretch creatively by going on stage (Kerri Russell, Daniel Radcliffe)
2a. Stretch creatively by doing indie films (Maculay Culkin, Seth Green, Ryan Gosling, Joseph Gordon Levitt)

3. Build up adult bona fides by doing supporting roles in ensemble films or ensemble TV casts (Allyson Hannigan,Hillary Duff, Elisabeth Moss, Mila Kunis, Martha Plimpton)

All of these things have something in common: They require stepping out of leading roles and apprenticing to the craft as an adult/challenging their brains.

I bet it's hard when you don't have anyone on your team looking out for your long-term personal development. Just like none of Lindsay Lohan's team had any interest in LiLo developing her critical thinking faculties or her talent, I doubt anyone on Team Cyrus was willing to jeopardize the revenue stream by saying, "Miley, maybe you should go to college and figure out how you see your adult life." (But I feel sorrier for Lindsay because she seemed slightly less into being "famous" than Miley, and a lot more troubled.)

lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  GoodbyeWithWords Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:16 pm

LOVE "Rooting for My Baby", one of the deluxe tracks. Very Fleetwood Mac, which isn't the first thing you'd expect from a Miley song produced by Pharrell.

It seems to me that Miley's music career is going pretty swimmingly at the moment. Who can say it will last, but that's true of "artists" who do everything the right, classy way. Her antics are almost overshadowing her music, but if she wants to be the next Gaga or Rihanna rather than Adele, eh. Considering all the controversies she had when she was Hannah Montana, she's probably more of a "wild child" at heart.

GoodbyeWithWords

Back to top Go down

Post  Kookla Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:03 pm

I can definitely see that her career is going well at the moment.

I just think it's unfortunate because a) I don't think she's that talented (I think Sinead was being super generous on that point), and b) she seems like the type who needs to be taken down a few pegs because she comes across as so vile. I don't particularly care if she doesn't do things the classy way, she just comes across as "trying to hard" to do... whatever it is she's going for now.

Kookla

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:26 pm

ActonBell wrote:Miley comparing Sinead to Amanda Bynes and basically mocking both of their mental health issues has cemented my hatred for her forever. What an overprivileged, overpraised little twit.
Sinead was abused by the Catholic hierarchy and her actions up eventually uncovered a MASSIVE child-abuse scandal that is ongoing as we speak.
Miley has money, but Sinead-despite her mental problems- has class and Talent. STFU MILEY. Amanda doesn't deserve this at all, she is undergoing something very real and deserves her privacy, not to be muckraked by this hack. Done and Done.
year of the cat
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:23 pm

We Can't Stop with The Roots and Jimmy Fallon

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:58 am

Love the Roots and Jimmy and they've made me give a listen to a number of songs I would have otherwise ignored by covering them.

But I think that song still sucks ass. No matter what the quality of the performers, it's still the most self-indulgent, self-absorbed piece of twaddle I've heard in ages.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:29 am

I think as party pop songs go it's pretty damn awesome, and it's nice to hear how good her voice is w/o all that autotune, but the best part of that vid is all the faces being pulled at the lyrics.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:52 am

laddical wrote:
But I think that song still sucks ass. No matter what the quality of the performers, it's still the most self-indulgent, self-absorbed piece of twaddle I've heard in ages.
I hate that song too. I have actually liked a bunch of Miley's songs (while loathing her as a persona, which predates this latest obnoxiousness but has increased a millionfold lately), but that one I outright hated. There's no tune to it and it brings out the worst in her voice. (At least the radio version does, I don't have speakers here to listen to the Jimmy Fallon one.)

I do like Wrecking Ball quite a bit, but I don't hear it very often so far. Was it just recently released?

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:00 pm

blixie wrote:I think as party pop songs go it's pretty damn awesome, and it's nice to hear how good her voice is w/o all that autotune, but the best part of that vid is all the faces being pulled at the lyrics.
I do like her un-produced voice a lot. I'm not sure pop is the best fit for her twang, but the song is great stripped down like that.
Miss Moneypenny
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:10 pm

I do think she sounds pretty, and the song is musically fine.

But those *lyrics*. Gah.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum