X-Men films

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: X-Men films

Post  Red Wolf on Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:31 am

I haven't seen Deadpool. The trailers did nothing for me and neither has word of mouth. But Keira Knightley? Was that a joke in the movie? Some Domino reference?

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:09 pm

I was hoping they'd make a joke about him having small feet as a dig at Rob Liefeld.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:31 am

Red Wolf wrote:I haven't seen Deadpool. The trailers did nothing for me and neither has word of mouth. But Keira Knightley? Was that a joke in the movie? Some Domino reference?

The post credits tag is Deadpool dressed as Ferris Bueller in that movie's post credits tag, and at one point he promises that Deadpool 2 will have Cable and throws at Keira's name as one of the actors they're trying to get for the role.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Wolf on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:48 am

Ah, thanks. :)

Red Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Thu May 26, 2016 11:47 pm

My thoughts, let me show them to you.  A few quibbles and one big seriously:

Spoiler:
Quibbles:
1) Psylocke's eyes were not purple
2) Her psychic blade is not tangible, y'all.
3) Jubilee's powers weren't shown.

Big seriously:  How many times is Magneto going to commit mass murder and Charles is going to insist everything is cool?  They didn't have Apocalypse brainwashing the Four Horsemen, so you can't claim that this time.  His storyline with his family being killed was heartbreaking, though.

Oh, Quicksilver. you were both the best and worst thing.  WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL HIM HE WAS YOUR DAD.  DUDE.  YOU CAME FOR THAT ONE THING.

Apocalypse claiming to be "God."  Didn't like that part.  Let's just insult the faith of a HUGE part of the Abrahamic world.

I did like the preview of the Phoenix.  I wonder if they're going to do the whole saga and have aliens and everything.  Anything has to be better than the 3rd X-Men movie (loved that jab after they saw the 3rd Star Wars movie).

The repetition of the lines from the end of the first X-Men movie and the end of this one was nice, though.

In conclusion, I loved parts of the movie, but Apocolypse as a villain really fell flat for me. I felt like I loved the characters, but hated the plot.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear on Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:57 am

80s metalworker/dad Magneto really did it for me. I think it was the safety glasses. Yowza.
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top