Everything You Always Wanted to Know About . . . (& Other Questions)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Everything You Always Wanted to Know About . . . (& Other Questions)

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:05 pm

I remember this topic at the old Snarkfest, but couldn't find it here.

My mom was trying to recall a TV series, but I couldn't find anything after a lot of Googling and TV Tropes searches.  The show was about a detective with ESP/second sight.  He was played by a "tall, blond guy."  His partner was a black man.  My mom thought the partner was Ving Rhames, but I did not see anything on his IMDB listing or his Wikipedia that looked like this show.  So, I guess the actor who played the partner must have looked something like Ving Rhames.  It was probably an American series.  She is sure it was not The Dead Zone.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

Back to top Go down

Re: Everything You Always Wanted to Know About . . . (& Other Questions)

Post  laddical on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:16 pm

Psych kind of fits the bill, though Shawn wasn't a cop and was only pretending to be psychic. And not what I'd call blonde, either. But I can't think of any other cop shows featuring psychic abilities.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:27 pm

So, about a quarter of an hour after I posted, my mom remembered that the show was set in Florida, which sent me to the Wikipedia page for a list of television shows set in Florida, which finally led me to The Finder.  Apparently, it was Michael Clarke Duncan as the partner.  Good grief.

(P.S. - Mods, I will not be offended at all if you delete this thread.  I maybe should not have started it.  Sorry.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising on Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:06 pm

Gwynevere1 wrote:So, about a quarter of an hour after I posted, my mom remembered that the show was set in Florida, which sent me to the Wikipedia page for a list of television shows set in Florida, which finally led me to The Finder.  Apparently, it was Michael Clarke Duncan as the partner.  Good grief.

(P.S. - Mods, I will not be offended at all if you delete this thread.  I maybe should not have started it.  Sorry.)
That was a terrible, terrible show. Just awful. And they tried so hard to promote it, what with the Bones backdoor pilot and the cast members from that show showing up there for stupid plot-related reasons in order to draw an audience. And it's not even that the acting was bad. I totally blame the writing and directing.
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top