Glee

Post  queenofdenile on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Trouty Mouth is coming back!

Thoughts?
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Re: Glee

Post  Kiran on Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:17 pm

I enjoyed him so I am happy, but I find it hilarious his stand lasted like three episodes in.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  epudom on Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:27 am

Will he replace Mercedes' obnoxious boyfriend and get her to see what an entitled brat she's being?
epudom

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Aw, I don't hate her boyfriend. That might be because hes Lamarcus Tinkle though.

I also didn't think she was being entitled. I think her feelings were founded but misplaced. She isn't a better choice then Rachel for West Side Story. But I think its more build up for all the competitions where shes never had a solo.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Yeah, I think she feels (justifiably) that she's never had a chance to shine in anything, and saw West Side Story as a chance to shine when she wasn't going to get anything in glee club, so she's (unjustifiably) taking her anger out on Rachel.

I can't say I'm looking forward to their version of West Side Story, though. Looking back, it was a little ridiculous for the writers to try to pretend there was any suspense whatsoever in the casting, as if it was going to be anyone BUT Darren and Lea...er, Blaine and Rachel. But I think I've finally come to some sort of peace with this dumb show, and will be able to ignore the cracky and/or boring & predictable aspects of it and just enjoy the KurtnBlaine of it all.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:40 am

If there were any evidence that Mercedes puts in a tenth of the effort into performing that Rachel does, then I'd think she was justified in her anger at the low-number of Glee song leads she gets. (Though, she still gets more than Tina, Puck, Quinn and Kurt.) However, as there isn't, I think she needs to stop being such a brat.

I'm actually really happy with how little story Blaine has gotten this season. If we could just kill him off, that would make me happiest, but I know Ryan Murphy's in love with him, so that won't happen. But I was really worried that this season would be a continuation of All Blaine, All the Time that last season turned into, and I can honestly only remember one or two scenes so far. There's probably been more, but I can only remember that many, so I'm happy.

I'm very excited about Chord coming back. I think the press blew the whole thing up, anyway, and he deserves to be with his true love, Mark Salling. And I actually really liked Sam. He brought some much-needed level-headedness to the group. What would be really awesome is if they went back to the original plan and made him gay. The 'nets would explode.

dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:53 am

Well, that's the thing - this "lazy" aspect of Mercedes seems completely new to her character. The "I don't need to practice!" attitude she gave off in "Funeral" was jarring. Aside from those fairly recent incidents that seemed to come out of nowhere, she's always shown up to every rehearsal, clearly gave it her all in "River Deep, Mountain High," and before now, has never quit the club over lack of solos, never quit the club over conflict with other activities, and never spent rehearsals lip-synching during warmups. She's always been a committed member of the ensemble, and as a result, is stuck wailing in the background during major competitions and has less to do than freaking Quinn and Brittany. Because Amber Riley may have had more songs than Dianna Agron, but Quinn got an entire (utterly forgettable) Sectionals solo, and Mercedes has only ever performed the final glory note in a competition.

I'm also disappointed that the writers missed an opportunity to do something new with the Mercedes/Rachel rivalry, given that the girls seemed to have become real friends by the end of season two, attending the prom together and all. They could have shown what it's like to go into competition with a friend. But no, instead it's Diva-Off 3000 (because that's new and different), complete with Mercedes suddenly being late to practice "all the time" (even though she's never been late before), and being unable to learn a dance move because she's sick from scarfing down all that Quiznos (because she's fat, geddit?)

And honestly, I can't get all fussed with Mercedes acting bratty when Quinn and Santana are already back in the club after committing arson.

As for Sam, I'm actually looking forward to his return. He really grew on me by the end of the season. But I wouldn't want them to make him gay. One thing I always liked about Sam was that he was a straight guy who wasn't at all homophobic, and if people thought he was gay, he didn't care.

But I was really worried that this season would be a continuation of All Blaine, All the Time that last season turned into, and I can honestly only remember one or two scenes so far.

I am a Blaine fan, and I've still been satisfied with the amount of story/screentime he's gotten so far - but I wouldn't get too excited. The minimal Blaine we've gotten so far is likely due to Darren's filming schedule for Imogene.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker on Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:44 am

Ugh. My problem with Blaine was never so much about screen time per se (though I hated Dalton) as how completely disproportionate his song count is. I realize it's never going to be even for everyone, but I think the ratios don't have to be quite that insane, and it's even worse when you consider the fact that he's a minor character who really doesn't even exist outside of his relationship with Kurt. Yet he not only sang more than most of the regular cast last year, he sang two to three times as much as they did, and most of his songs had little to no context. Three weeks in, he's already had two big solo numbers (which technically even Rachel hasn't had yet) while most of the rest of the cast got...what, a line in "It's All Over?"

What's funny is that so many people were eager for him to make the switch so he could be integrated into the group, but because they've adjusted the format of the show (taking it out of the choir room), and there has been so much infighting with people leaving the club each week, he's still existing in the Kurt/Blaine bubble, even at McKinley.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  MichiSichi on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:33 am

I actually think that they have been building up the Mercedes story line as she has complained before that she doesn't get enough leads and that she is a better singer etc etc. I guess they had to do this because of the alternate choir (which I don't get either). I am still waiting/excited to see the project glee winners (the boys) in their episodes.
MichiSichi

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:39 am

I'm not even going to pretend to NOT be biased as hell in Blaine/Darren's favor - objectively, I agree that songs should be distributed more evenly and fairly, but subjectively, his relationship with Kurt and dorky out-of-context numbers were the only things that kept me watching last season. (And Santana, but so far this year she's nothing more than an accessory to Brittany, which dampens my enthusiasm for her character.)

Now, if I could have better writing overall in exchange for fewer Darren numbers and more songs distributed amongst the cast, I would accept that trade-off gladly. I wouldn't mind Blaine getting half the numbers he did last season, being cute with Kurt, and becoming best friends with Mike Chang. But I expect the writing to continue to be stupid, so...

queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:18 pm

My son just handed me his report card, all A's an A-'s, and said, "I'm sorry, I got Asain F's."
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:00 pm

I'm very excited about Chord coming back. I think the press blew the whole thing up, anyway, and he deserves to be with his true love, Mark Salling. And I actually really liked Sam. He brought some much-needed level-headedness to the group.

I agree. I'm really happy he's coming back - I really enjoyed any and all of the screen time he had last season, and I hope they make him a bit more prominent this season.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:26 am

Okay, I've got to stop listening to the internets, because I found Rory delightful. He's all adorable and Irish! And I loved his rendition of Bein' Green (though he has nothing on Kermit).

I'm glad Burt is running against Sue. I really hope he wins. And I really like that he offered the running of the shop to Finn and that Finn seems genuinely excited about it. I think Finn getting his journeymans in something like auto mechanics would be a realistic way for the show to go. Not that I expect that much from this show.

As for Quinn/Puck/Shelby. First of all, really Quinn? Has neither her nor Puck actually looked into things and realised that if Shelby is found unfit (which she wouldn't be, no matter what they plant in her house), they still wouldn't get Beth back. And while I find Puck's love for Beth incredibly endearing, I do NOT want a Puck/Shelby relationship. It has nothing to do with the age, and only a little to do with the student/teacher thing. She's the adoptive mother of his biological child and the biological mother of his ex-girlfriend. This is wrong and icky on so many levels, I can't even.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  caltrask55 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:49 am

I liked Rory as well! But then again I watched Glee Project and Damian (the actor) was charming and adorable so I was glad he was co-winner.

The Puck/Shelby/Quinn storyline booooooores me so much. They just don't know what to do with Puck which is such a shame.

caltrask55

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:25 am

This show has finally done the impossible: produced a Blaine/Darren song that I have no intention of buying, ever. But at least the performance gave me Kurt/Blaine twirling around together and some cute Blaine-Mike dancey interaction that I've been craving since forever.

Am I supposed to be charmed that Rory is using Brittany's delusions to eventually get her in the sack? How...sweet.

Finn, you've got it wrong - Britt's not Rain Man with boobs. She's Ralph Wiggum with boobs. Except less charming or consistent, and her leprechaun doesn't tell her to burn things (yet). The fact that Santana is in love with this nitwit only makes me think less of her, which is a shame.

Yeah, I have reached my breaking point and I'm done with this show. I really liked the first season. The second season was mostly bad, but somehow still enjoyable to pick apart, and Kurt's storyline strongly resonated with me during a really difficult time, so I appreciated it for that much, at least. Now, I'm simply not entertained anymore, either by watching it or analyzing its flaws. Kurt/Blaine is still my crack and I love the Hudmel family dynamic, but from now on, I can wait a week for the episodes to come up on Hulu and just skip ahead to all of their scenes.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:29 pm

I really enjoyed how much Finn got to do in this episode (even if he didn't sing at all), and the talk with Burt about doing more in the car shop after graduation. It felt like Glee was actually doing something resembling character development.

The songs were pretty meh this episode--right now, I can't even remember any of them except "It's Not Easy Being Green." It felt like they put on them on the backburner this week (was that the trade off for the Finn character stuff? I swear it's possible to have real characters AND good music at the same time, show, really).

I don't even know with the baby stuff. I think it's great that they finally went for the realistic thing and had Quinn totally snap this season, but that whole storyline is turning into a pile of scenes I cringe through.
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceci on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:41 am

queenofdenile wrote: Yeah, I have reached my breaking point and I'm done with this show. I really liked the first season. The second season was mostly bad, but somehow still enjoyable to pick apart, and Kurt's storyline strongly resonated with me during a really difficult time, so I appreciated it for that much, at least. Now, I'm simply not entertained anymore, either by watching it or analyzing its flaws.

I'm pretty much like that also. I loved the first season, second was alright. I always went with the flow and ignored those flaws because I enjoyed the music, but this season I'm just bored. I find myself skipping the songs or just doing something else while I watch. I don't care about any of the characters and find their actions ridiculous or too stupid.

Ceci

Back to top Go down

Post  Esseilte on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:03 pm

I think that might have been the worst episode of Glee I've ever seen. It took me three sittings to finally finish watching it.

Hated Rory. Mumbling, terrible acting, awful storyline - decent singing voice but nothing we couldn't have gotten from someone who could act and didn't mumble. What a waste of screen time.

Brittany has crossed the line into disgust for me - and not just with eating what she thought was cat shit. She stands there and lets Santana lay into Finn - like she has with many other characters - and when Finn calls her an idiot (which she is), somehow that's bullying? What a load. I'm tired of being expected to think that Brittany is some special innocent snowflake. Also - Heather Morris might be a great dancer, but she's also a dreadful mumbler. I was starting to think Brittany and Rory were having a competition for who could be least intelligible.

Not enough Rachel or Kurt - two songs for stupid new boy and none for either of them, or Finn? Troubletones sounded great but as I'd like to slap all of it's members (with the possible exception of the random backing dancers) into the middle of next week, I'd like to see it crash and burn. Mercedes and Santana being so smug about it is annoying - how is it an achievement when you're only singing lead because there's nobody else to choose from?

I'm trying to come up with things I liked about the episode, and so far all I can think of is Burt Hummel, who was brilliant. Everything else was just so bad. What on earth happened to this show?
Esseilte

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker on Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:00 am

*claps*

And you didn't even get into the whole Shelby/Puck thing or the further hack job being done on Quinn. I just loved the jaunty madcap music as she planted fake evidence to frame an innocent women in order have her declared unfit/thrown in jail. All so she can have a Trophy Baby to show off to people while Puck pays the bills.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:41 am

Despite being firmly anti-Finchel and anti-Blaine in general, I really liked this episode. There were a few too many stories going on, but that aside, I thought it was great.

Santana as Anita? Freaking perfect. The only unrealistic thing there was that Anita would never allow Bernardo to have that thing Puck calls a hairdo reside on his head. (For reals, y'all, the hair is BAD. Like, embarrassingly BAD. Like, time-for-an-intervention BAD.)

I loved all of the West Side Story songs, but then, I just love West Side Story. That being said, I was actually kind of dreading it, because Blaine butchered "Something's Coming" so badly, I was worried that would happen to all the other songs I love, but I thought "America" and "A Boy Like That/I Have a Love" were great. I'm not overly fond of "One Hand, One Heart" but I thought they did it admirably.

I liked Cooter, and I thought he was very sweet, even if he did break Finn's heart. I thought that Mike and his mom were going to tell his dad together about him being Riff. What happened to that? That was the most shoe-horned. And I enjoyed Rachel's meeting of girls, and their different first-time experiences.

Kurt's scene with Karofsky was more compelling than all of the scenes he's had with Blaine combined. And Blaine was highly unlikable in this episode. But then, I hate Blaine so I won't even pretend to be unbiased.

All-in-all, a huge about face from last week. I hope this continues.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker on Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:20 am

No joke, I've tried tweeting Mark Salling about the hair. More than once. He doesn't listen to me, for some reason.

I thought that was super lame, and amazingly unsexy for a show about sex. Finn and Rachel have so little chemistry they actually create a chemistry vacuum, and they're more awkward with each other than 12-year olds at their first dance.

The only highlights were "America," (Naya was amazing, and Mark was hilarious), and Puck getting all up in Finn's face when he thought Finn was cheating on Rachel, then admitting that he always thought he'd be Rachel's first. The condom line was not funny though, considering Puck's promiscuity. And, you know, the unplanned pregnancy.

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:47 am

I really enjoyed tonight. The ending especially was so sweet. I thought they did a great job matching up West Side Story songs with the story in the episode, and Santana's Anita was so so perfect. (Though yeah, Puck--your hair, fix it.) I loved the resolution we got for Karofsky (of course he's a bear cub!). I guess the new Warbler dude is supposed to be our main villain this season--which is good, because he seems slick and obnoxious.

I choked up when Mike Chang saw his mom sitting next to an empty seat in the audience. I also liked the football recruiter, though Bieste was right--the conversation with Artie was totally inappropriate.

Seriously, I think this is my favorite episode of the season so far (not that there's been a lot to choose from). I need to go watch West Side Story again--I don't think I've seen the actual musical all the way through since I was a kid. (I think my high school got around to it a couple of years after I graduated.)
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:47 am

I'm glad I read this thread before checking out the Kurt/Blaine edit of this episode, because Karofsky is beyond irritating and just straight-up triggering for me, so I was prepared and knew to skip those parts.

This show is a lot more entertaining for me as a 20-minute webisode about my favorite couple on TV, but even then, "Uptown Girl" was just unnecessary and whatever. I really wish they would stop dressing Blaine like Urkel and put him back in that outfit he wore in the season premiere. He was a bit of an ass to Kurt tonight but I think he made up for it admirably and sincerely, and I just love the warmth and affection between them.

Listened to a few of the tracks and...eh. I don't think there was any way this show's version of WSS songs wouldn't disappoint me, since I've been listening to the OBC since I was a kid and have it firmly imprinted on my brain. Lea's soprano was meh but better than I thought it would be. Love Naya and was still meh on her part on "A Boy Like That/I Have a Love," but she sounded fantastic on "America." Maybe I'll try to actually watch that one performance.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  SNeaker on Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:06 am

You totally should watch "America." It's super fun and also hilarious, with the bad accents and Mark hamming it up all the place and attempting to "dance."

SNeaker

Back to top Go down

Post  queenofdenile on Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:01 am

I do love me some Naya, and Mark being hammy is always funny for me, so I'll probably check it out.

Another thing I forgot to mention: the edit I watched included the "Tonight" rehearsal, and I had to laugh at both Rachel and Blaine staring at the audience for the majority of the performance, and them being far, far more into themselves than in each other. Such attention whores, both of them. Artie's commentary was COMPLETELY out of line and totally inappropriate, but he was also right about their lack of passion.
queenofdenile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 19 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top