Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flowers in the Attic

+10
Crowbridge
Cynara
mokey75
big chicken
particle_person
swsa
chick binewski
Arabella
xyzzy
blixie
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Flowers in the Attic - Page 2 Empty Re: Flowers in the Attic

Post  swsa Tue May 27, 2014 9:35 am

This was so fabulous. Like even better than Flowers in the Attic. The last 10 minutes were tv movie perfection. Pregnancy bombshell, Heather Graham coming onto her son with full on crazy eyes, sassy grandmother, omgwhat'sinthetrunk, and then the suburban dream ending.

I have no idea how If There Be Thorns will work. Really, I think I'd rather they just skip to Garden of Shadows for the Grandmother's story, but it doesn't look like that's in the cards.

They better find someone crazy hot to play Bart Jr., because I think that's the only way Seeds of Yesterday might be somewhat watchable.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Fraoch Tue May 27, 2014 1:58 pm

In a scene toward the end, the grandmother snickered and said, "Don't look at me!" when someone expressed confusion. I think that was a genuine reaction from Ellen Burstyn re: the crazypants plot developments. Awesome -- I will definitely give this one a rewatch.

Also, I've not seen Rose McIver in anything (according to her IMDb page entries), but that was some good physical casting -- in certain scenes, she really DID look like Heather Graham. Totally believable as her offspring.

Fraoch

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram Tue May 27, 2014 5:17 pm

I saw someone post about this on FB last night at 9 and got so excited that I would actually get to watch...and then Lifetime got blocked on my cable package. I THINK I get that channel but my cable box likes to think and buffer for no reason at all.

I need to find a way to watch it and I'm so glad you guys liked it. It's my favorite VC Andrews book by far.

I have no idea how If There Be Thorns will work. Really, I think I'd rather they just skip to Garden of Shadows for the Grandmother's story, but it doesn't look like that's in the cards.

This is one I have no desire to see, I hate this book so much. I think I hate it even more than Seeds of Yesterday, but I can't remember the last time I read that one.

Garden of Shadows would make a great movie, I hope they keep cranking these out so they can get to that one. All of the Malcolm/Alicia/mother obsession stuff would be pretty easy to translate to the screen.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum