Penny Dreadful

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Penny Dreadful

Post  blixie on Mon May 11, 2015 10:09 am

Voodoo dummies full of dead baby hearts. I'm not going to get that image out of my head for long time. YERG.

I'm enjoying this season more than last despite it having much of the same issues, and Dorian still seeming to be disconnected from the main, but since he exists to have lots of hot sex I'll allow it!

Oh and I'm confused about Helen McCrory was she always identified as Evelyn Poole, or is that new this year? Clearly Lyle knows her as Madam Kali, but I could see Sir Malcolm forgetting, and besides she bewitched the shit out of him so...whatever.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Tue May 12, 2015 2:59 am

Yes, yes, creepy dead babies, creepy live Victor, I am all about the Lyle and Ethan Show. Hartnett and the amazing Russell Beale where having way too much fun. Hartnett is a fine actor, but the giggling upon meeting Lyle looked like a case of 'let's not reshoot that, it works just fine.' The whole cast, even Sembene, cracked up. Twice. Who could blame them?

And then we once again see the master actor easily flip the character from a giddy fop to a serious scholar and gripping storyteller and back again.

I should think 'Madame Kali' is the spiritualist equivalent of a stage name, used professionally. Or what the world thinks is professionally.
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue May 12, 2015 7:59 am

Oh I get that it is supposed to be a stage name, but I just missed whether Sir Malcolm recognized her AS SUCH, because you'd think after that sceance he's be a little more circumspect about her in general.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus on Tue May 12, 2015 12:07 pm

That's true, isn't it? I would guess then that anyone else would apologize for having had his plus-one upstage the main attraction so spectacularly, but not our Sir Malcolm. He's forgotten the whole business.

My new sig line: "I ask you. Fish."
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top