Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

4 posters

Go down

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Empty Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Post  vwlphb Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Can we talk about how amazing this show is? It's the perfect medium for John Oliver, since he can be more edgy than he probably would have on Comedy Central.

Everything has been brilliant, and every week I see clips going all over the web the day after. Such as John Oliver explains Net Neutrality (and why we should rename it Cable Company Fuckery). And it's great that HBO is putting 13:00 clips from his half hour show online.

I love that he does the "And Now" segments to break it up. Such as John McCain tells the same joke six times, or People falling asleep behind politicians.

If only it were on more frequently.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Empty Re: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver

Post  Morning Angel Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:25 pm

I've been a huge fan of The Bugle ever since it started so I never doubted John Oliver could carry his own show, but I'm so glad it's been so great so quickly. They really hit the ground running. The Net Neutrality piece was really a stand out. Plus, paired with Veep, it's made for a great late Sunday night block of TV.
Morning Angel
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:07 am

Since I have to watch it online, I've only seen two episodes because I just cannot manage to get with the times. I just watched the episode with the death penalty/tiny hamster tiny burrito segment. Brilliant. I am such a huge fan of his, and hearing that he basically crashed the FCC servers just delights me to no end. I'm so happy this is working out for him. I hope it only gets better!

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Eris Rising Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:45 am

His aforementioned Net Neutrality call to action was obviously heard, as the FCC's servers crashed under a deluge of comments the day after the show aired.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  vwlphb Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:24 pm

In the continuing theme of John Oliver being the best at everything, after finding out that Assad had bought Right Said Fred's Too Sexy on iTunes, he flew them in from London to do a parody aimed at the man. And it was amazing.

vwlphb

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum