Outlander

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Outlander

Post  QueenSix on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:17 pm

ulkis, that bit was excellent. He was highly put out that she'd suggest such a thing! That was well played by the both of them.

I saw some reaction to that episode that Jaime wasn't in it enough therefore it was slow and boring. And I thought, but the first chunk of the book - up until they get married - it's all Claire's story. It's only later that he factors into it more because they're a couple. It makes me roll my eyes a bit to see people thinking that Jaime is the main focus when it's actually Claire. (Some things never change).

I thought Claire was seriously asking for trouble the way she was going on. I get that she's miserable and wants to be gone and that having to be around those lads (and it looked perishing cold on that location) out in the open air was enough to get anyone into a full time temper, but all I could think was Be smarter, Claire! Outright hostility will get you nowhere with this lot, they thrive on it!!

Once again, Caitriona Balfe's costumes are excellent and now I want a coat with a similar hooded trim. I'd look ever so dapper walking Meg.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:03 pm

yeah I saw a bit of "not enough of Jamie". I mean, I got no problem with anyone just wanting to look at the hot guy, but then just admit it. I thought it was probably the best episode so far. Loved Claire's "bottoms up" and "geronimo!" and her little "here I go" gesture when she was about to pee.

Speaking of Jamie I felt like we got just as much of him this week as we did last week, so it was a weird complaint. But maybe it's just because he wasn't in the "guy dying who got gored by a boar" scene and that scene felt like it took half the episode.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:03 pm

My mom saw next week's promo and was like "Is that all they do in this show, beat on that poor man??" Yep.
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:06 pm

heh. Did you tell her that it
Spoiler:
gets even worse than that
?? or you'll cross that bridge when you come to it.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:52 pm

Spoiler:
It seems like every other chapter in every book, something happens to one or the other of them. I'm all for drama but yikes.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:55 pm

No wonder Ron Moore took on this project, lol.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:43 pm

Clip from 1x06

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  salamandersam on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:11 am

This episode was high on the graphic scale. I'm really looking forward to next week.

salamandersam

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat on Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:13 am

Reasons not to time travel: 1) Meeting the inlaws 2) Beatings from the inlaws
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:55 am

Man, I think Claire really might've considered marrying Dougal if she had to get away from Randall

Also, the guy who plays Lieutenant Foster is cute and has a gorgeous voice.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara on Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:35 pm

Sam Heughan just keeps getting hotter. I can't.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:50 pm

That scene with Black Jack where he talked about his flogging Jaime was well done. It was horrible the way he relished what he had done but kudos to Toby Menzies for not making Jack a caricature. The flogging itself was...jeebus, it was also well done but I had one hand on Meg to make me feel a bit better as I watched and cringed. I think it was all the more effective for how they didn't go overboard with the shots of Jaime's back. Okay, depending on your level of squeamishness, it might well have been too much but compared to how it could have been, I thought what we saw of it, what we saw of BJR doing the flogging, and then Jaime's boots slipping in his own blood - that was probably the worst part for me really because of the thought that he'd been beaten until he couldn't stand up anymore. Like, who does that to someone? Who's that violent and perverse?

Loved Claire's hair in the scene with her and Dougal at the springs. I don't think Caitriona Balfe gets enough credit in some quarters. She's in every scene for crying out loud, and is going from strength to strength. Not to mention she spent the first couple of weeks of shooting at night, getting drenched and her wearing only in that shift dress.

So next week is The Wedding? Yeah, whatever. I don't get the interest...hah, I'm such a liar. I've never in my life been so ready for two characters to get sexed up.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:31 am

Until we can get a real recapper (cough, cough) I suppose this will do for Outlander recap snark: The Garrison Commander Poor girl, she loves her husband and is Team Frank! Well, for the rest of the week, anyway.
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:35 pm

There's a site called outslander.wordpress.com for recaps too. I haven't looked at it myself but it was recced by a person whose taste I usually agree with, so.

Loved Claire's hair in the scene with her and Dougal at the springs. I don't think Caitriona Balfe gets enough credit in some quarters. She's in every scene for crying out loud, and is going from strength to strength. Not to mention she spent the first couple of weeks of shooting at night, getting drenched and her wearing only in that shift dress.

Are people complaining about her acting? Bah! She's great.

It was horrible the way he relished what he had done but kudos to Toby Menzies for not making Jack a caricature.

I think Toby Menzies must be having a fun time, what the completely different dual roles.

during the beating I kept wondering how the hell would a person survive that much damn blood loss.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:23 pm

ulkis wrote:Are people complaining about her acting? Bah! She's great.

No, I haven't seen much of that but it's just when you see remarks that it was a boring episode because there wasn't enough Jaime. Sam Heughan is getting a lot of attention and rightfully so, he's made Jaime a much more interesting character than I found him to be in the book, but I like to see Caitriona Balfe getting her due too.

Aaaannnd I just read that Outlander is coming to RTE2 next month! I think I'll have to rewatch the episodes. It'll be tough going because I hate watching the same thing more than once (hahahahaha).

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:54 pm

QueenSix wrote:
ulkis wrote:Are people complaining about her acting? Bah! She's great.

No, I haven't seen much of that but it's just when you see remarks that it was a boring episode because there wasn't enough Jaime. Sam Heughan is getting a lot of attention and rightfully so, he's made Jaime a much more interesting character than I found him to be in the book, but I like to see Caitriona Balfe getting her due too.

Ah, yeah, that. When someone comments about that to me I just ignore it. It's like, come on people, we will get plenty of Jamie, fear not.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:34 pm

question for book readers -
Spoiler:
who hit Jamie's head that caused him to go to the monastery to recover before the action in the book starts, and why? I was skimming through the book and realized they probably weren't going to add that plot in but I don't remember who did that/if we ever foudn out who dis that
Thanks in advance

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat on Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:50 pm

Unknown for sure-spoiler
Spoiler:
Jame suspects Dougal. Also, his motive for doing that is not revealed to Jamie. But Claire can surmise, and does guess why.
Next: On Kilt and Contrivance! Will Claire be forced to marry the prettiest virgin in all the highlands?? Stay Tuned!

Last edited by year of the cat on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:40 pm

Clip from 1x07 "Sweet Smile"

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Tue Sep 16, 2014 10:25 pm

thanks year of the cat.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle on Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:22 am

ulkis, in one of the later books, it's revealed that
Spoiler:
it was Dougal. He admits it when Jamie kills him.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:15 pm

Thanks!

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:24 pm

Photos from the wedding episode

Another clip from ep 7: Letter of the Law.

If you're sitting there wondering if I spend my time looking for clips and whatnot from this show, then wonder no more: Yes, I do. (I can do what I want, you're not the boss of me!)

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:51 pm

No complaints from me. :)

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:52 am

Oh my God. Between the
Spoiler:
amputation and the whipping, I was so grossed out. The sound of the saw cutting through bone, and the bits of skin hanging off Jamie's back almost made me turn this episode off.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top