Celebrity Weddings

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

temp

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:16 am

swsa wrote:Even though I don't like the drawings on the dress, I kind of love that the House of Versace actually custom made a gown reliant on kids' doodles. There's something perfectly Angelina about that.

But I wish she'd just kept the drawings to the veil. I think that would've been the perfect balance. As is, it goes a little over to the tacky side for me.

Awww...
I wish she'd restricted the drawings to the veil, but I absolutely love that she adores her children and incorporated their art into her gown. I'd expect nothing less from Angie at this point. And that pic of her kissing the boys is too adorable!

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Re: Celebrity Weddings

Post  particle_person on Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:58 pm

Okay, all the Brangelina stuff has been moved here, because that is a thing that makes sense.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:38 pm

Yay! Thank you, Particle_Person!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:38 am

Another happy wedding that I want to believe will keep going: Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka. Can't wait to see pictures of those adorable twins.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:22 am

"We put the 'n' and 'd' in 'husband'" is the kind of tweet that should make me roll my eyes, but dammit... they're so cute.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:47 am

Clooney getting married is surprising enough, but that he's gone all TomKat with the wedding extravaganza, shamelessly playing up to the paps, is the real shock. Brangelina managed to have a private wedding but then they didn't tell the media exactly where they were getting married and when. Maybe he's just in lurve and giving Amal her "queen for a day" moment.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:01 pm

Well at least he is not jumping on any couches. And she looks like she's having a ball.

I wonder if some of it is to counteract his " I'm never getting married!" stance of the past decade or so, and make his fiancée feel that he is all in. Cynically, I buy that he also wants the stable married normal (insanely rich and famous) guy (literal) image cred for future political aspirations.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat on Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Its weird, but whatever. Congrats.
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  themis on Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:18 am

I'm for it. Really, if you can't get amped about marrying a human rights lawyer who has made that much of a difference in the quality of real human lives, who also looks like a supermodel and is a polyglot besides, then really, who can you ever get excited about marrying. Does they even know any average-looking people? Everyone tooling around Venice with them looks ecstatic and gorgeous.

I find it super cute, as well, that as I reply to this, the banner ads here for me are advertising the Nespresso Virtuoline system. I wonder if Intern George still does ads for them.

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:46 am

Like Binky suggested, I wonder if some of the extravagance is to show her that he is one hundred percent committed to this marriage business, no matter what he might have said in the past.

Or maybe they both just love a really good party.
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:18 am

God, Amal's hair is AMAZING.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:45 pm

I'm for it. Really, if you can't get amped about marrying a human rights lawyer who has made that much of a difference in the quality of real human lives, who also looks like a supermodel and is a polyglot besides, then really, who can you ever get excited about marrying.
Someone on Facebook linked to an article whose headline read something like, "Internationally renowned human rights attorney Amal Alamuddin marries actor," which I thought was 100% awesome. I'm also really surprised he's embracing and encouraging all of the attention, but he looks so genuinely stoked in so many of the pictures, I can hardly fault him for it. I really hope things work out for these two. Their courtship is an epic romance novel in my head, and one day I will happily watch the Hallmark Channel original movie about Hollywood playboy/avowed bachelor Greg Mooney being brought to his knees by a brilliant, beautiful career woman who makes a difference in the world.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:39 pm

I think George just plain loves to party. He may as well go balls out for his own wedding that he never thought he'd ever go theough with again. Still trying to wrap my brain around the fact that he actually got remarried.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Sorry if I was unclear- the bride is great, no problem. It was the publicity that seems out of wack. I'll shut up now...
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:39 pm

I'm a skeptic about the marriage, but happy to be proven wrong. Amal does have gorgeous hair. I like her fashion, so I'm looking forward to seeing the dress.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  eco on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:41 pm

I can't WAIT to see the Vogue spread with the bridal gown. The pre-and-post wedding dresses have been amazing. I do think it is strange that there has been so much publicity - I wouldn't have expected endless photo stories and a Vogue article, but Amal *is* VERY glamorous.

It IS weird to think of Clooney FINALLY getting married again, but then again, it's kind of like Hugh Grant turning 50 and suddenly having three kids in 15 months with two different women. It's like a mid-life crisis in reverse.

eco

Back to top Go down

Post  Arabella on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:42 pm

year of the cat wrote:Sorry if I was unclear- the bride is great, no problem. It was the publicity that seems out of wack. I'll shut up now...
I swear, there have been royal weddings with fewer photo calls. It's all pretty to look at but so not what you would expect from him.

Arabella

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:23 am

That's what makes me slightly suspicious of this whole wedding and makes feel sad/worried for Amal. There are rumors that he married her to make himself look more respectable if he ever plans to run for office, and the spectacle of this wedding seems to reinforce that notion.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Regina Filangie on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:12 pm

ActonBell wrote:That's what makes me slightly suspicious of this whole wedding and makes feel sad/worried for Amal. There are rumors that he married her to make himself look more respectable if he ever plans to run for office, and the spectacle of this wedding seems to reinforce that notion.

I'm a bit skeptical too. There's been chatter of Clooney having political aspirations and a brilliant human rights lawyer plays much better than the D-list starlets he normally dates. I hope I'm wrong though. It would be great to think a longtime batchelor who swore off marriage was swept off his feet by a smart, successful woman.

Regina Filangie

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:32 pm

Regina Filangie wrote:
ActonBell wrote:That's what makes me slightly suspicious of this whole wedding and makes feel sad/worried for Amal. There are rumors that he married her to make himself look more respectable if he ever plans to run for office, and the spectacle of this wedding seems to reinforce that notion.

I'm a bit skeptical too.  There's been chatter of Clooney having political aspirations and a brilliant human rights lawyer plays much better than the D-list starlets he normally dates.  I hope I'm wrong though. It would be great to think a longtime batchelor who swore off marriage was swept off his feet by a smart, successful woman.

On the other hand, it's also possible they're both equally in on the idea of creating a partnership that would support future political activity. I mean, I'm plumping for "swept off his feet" until proven otherwise, but if George is trying to go respectable in advance of future political activity, it's entirely possible that she's totally on board with that.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:55 pm

Coneycat wrote:
Regina Filangie wrote:

I'm a bit skeptical too.  There's been chatter of Clooney having political aspirations and a brilliant human rights lawyer plays much better than the D-list starlets he normally dates.  I hope I'm wrong though. It would be great to think a longtime bachelor who swore off marriage was swept off his feet by a smart, successful woman.

On the other hand, it's also possible they're both equally in on the idea of creating a partnership that would support future political activity. I mean, I'm plumping for "swept off his feet" until proven otherwise, but if George is trying to go respectable in advance of future political activity, it's entirely possible that she's totally on board with that.

Exactly. They're both experienced in life, they're both well established in their respective careers and lives. (I am playing the assumption game here). Maybe it's not about being swept off their feet but finding someone they can be comfortable with on a day to day basis and who fits in with their future plans. There's talk of his possible political aspirations but what about her? I don't think Julian Assange will be the last high profile client she takes on, she might well want to be a judge, Clooney might be handy to have on her arm at the kind of soirees and dinner parties that a person in her position might have to attend. He knows how to play the game, he won't embarrass her or can entertain folk with stories from film sets.

Who knows what criteria they have for getting together. So long as they're both happy and aren't hurting themselves or anybody else, I say let them off. I'm going to enjoy the lovely pictures of people wearing expensive clothes at a wedding.

Speaking of expensive clothes, the bride wore Stella McCartney

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma on Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:48 pm

I'm also choosing to believe Clooney got tired of the scene and is settling down with someone 70% his age.

(I will be *so* amused if they have kids. Didn't he have a bet on with Michelle Pfeiffer that he wouldn't have kids by 50? Clearly now that he's won that bet, he can get to it.)

I'm kinda reminded of when Annette Bening and Warren Beatty got hitched in, yow, 1992. There must be people today who don't remember Warren was ever regarded as a notorious playboy who would never settle down.
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara on Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:37 pm

I can believe that two brilliant, gorgeous, savvy, wordly people are madly in love and plotting world domination via human rights at the same time. In fact I think that's pretty awesome.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Cynara wrote:I can believe that two brilliant, gorgeous, savvy, wordly people are madly in love and plotting world domination via human rights at the same time. In fact I think that's pretty awesome.

I am so on board with this theory.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee on Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:32 pm

My cynical take is that George, while still quite attractive, is starting to show his age. I know, I'm sorry! But it's true. And that perhaps he's thinking the forever bachelor thing won't be so cool as he ages.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top