Guess Who Don't Sue

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Guess Who Don't Sue

Post  swsa on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:51 pm

From Lainey. I have no idea. I was thinking Cumberbatch, but his wife isn't working rn.

Before it happened, his friends were begging him not to do it. Begging him not to make it permanent. But he was in too deep, and a little wounded too after his most recent professional setback. So it happened. Despite all the warnings, he went ahead and made it official.

But the happily ever after wore off really quickly. It wore off a long time ago. Which is why while he’s working, he’s also hiding. Of course he could stay in luxe accommodations all to himself. Instead of sleeping in a hotel suite that they most certainly have the budget for though, he’s on his buddy’s couch. His best buddy. The one you’d think would approve of his relationship. But even his best friend thinks his girl is crazy. And understands why he’s decided to hide out, where it’s not so easy for her to find him. Which, apparently, happens all the time. She’s obsessive about calling around, looking for him, haranguing anyone she can to ask where he is, what he’s doing, why he hasn’t texted her back. Two sources confirmed to me that she’s been delayed on set a few times because she’s been shouting down the phone at someone in her trailer, demanding they track him down for her. And so, at a time when they’re supposed to be celebrating, he’s far away, enjoying his freedom for a few weeks. Is this what it’s going to be for a lifetime?
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:56 pm

Johnny Depp and Amber Heard. I think the best friend is Marilyn Manson.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:02 pm

Oh.

Well, now I'm not even sure I buy any of it considering this is just validating every snide column Lainey's been doing about them for like 3 years now.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:05 pm

Lainey is the new Life and Style. Man I wish I had known Johnny was besties with Brian sooner so I could have gotten over him faster.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:12 pm

So what I'm reading here is that a married man ups and vanishes off without telling his wife where he's going, and then the absolute harridan has the sheer gall to be concerned about what he might be up to, and upset that her damn husband hasn't bothered to tell her where it is that he's disappeared off to at the drop of a hat. Wow, what a psycho bunny boiler, am I right?

That said, I agree that this is more of a example of Lainey's weirdly selective misogyny rather than actual truthful gossip.
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Yeah I think its totally about them, I just don't know how accurate it is, because Lainey is so enormously bitter.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:32 pm

Depp has been filming on the Gold Coast in Queensland and got on stage during Marilyn Manson's set at Soundwave in Brisbane this past week, so it does kind of fit with the whole 'husband being far away' thing.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:39 pm

Melk wrote:So what I'm reading here is that a married man ups and vanishes off without telling his wife where he's going, and then the absolute harridan has the sheer gall to be concerned about what he might be up to, and upset that her damn husband hasn't bothered to tell her where it is that he's disappeared off to at the drop of a hat. Wow, what a psycho bunny boiler, am I right?

That said, I agree that this is more of a example of Lainey's weirdly selective misogyny rather than actual truthful gossip.

Can it be both? I mean, rewrite it as "new young wife wonders why alcoholic 50+ husband is shitty, shitty husband; husband's lame but perceptive friends warned him not marry someone who had expectations of non-alcoholic shittiness."
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:50 pm

At least this Blind is actually somewhat scandalous:

The parent at the party with strangers

I’m trying to bank some goodwill with you so here’s the second blind in two days. You’ll understand tomorrow.

Motherhood hasn’t slowed her down. Not professionally and definitely not when she parties. I mean, some people can use recreationally and it doesn’t become a problem. Maybe that’s why she feels she can do it so openly. For her, she doesn’t act like it’s something she has to hide. Because she was recently hanging out in a hotel, with some friends and a few strangers, and she snorted a few lines, no paranoia, no worries about the fact that while these people certainly knew her, she definitely didn’t know them. This surprised me because she’s never been that girl who’s had drug culture association through her career. She’s not a fixture on the standard party circuit. She doesn’t roll with an LA crowd of club rats. But see? The Celebrity Ecosystem can still f-ck up your sh-t. Anyway, the kid is still small so we’ll give her the benefit of the doubt that she’s not breastfeeding anymore? That’s where it gets kinda sketchy.

Popular guess is ScarJo and that fits, though I do remember a coke rumor about her circa the banging Benicio in an elevator years. But yeah I'm pretty sure coke bumps are as common as coffee breaks with most of the Hollywood community.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:26 pm

I've definitely seen it reported that ScarJo took her breastpump to the Oscars, so unless Lainey's willfully ignoring that (maybe), I'm guessing...someone else who just had a baby?

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Zoe Saldana? Is it weird that I barely find this scandalous? Like, maybe she had some milk frozen?
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:32 pm

katesti wrote:I've definitely seen it reported that ScarJo took her breastpump to the Oscars, so unless Lainey's willfully ignoring that (maybe), I'm guessing...someone else who just had a baby?

I took Lainey's phrasing to mean that we could give the woman the benefit of the doubt and hope she's not still breastfeeding, but really she probably is.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:44 pm

[not a baby-feeding expert] But if you pump, wouldn't you be able to give that milk to the baby and then go party?[/not baby-feeding expert] Not that I am advocating for this as a great life decision, mind.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:54 pm

If you're breastfeeding, whatever substance you ingest can wind up in your breast milk, so even if you pump and then go party, you're still giving the baby whatever you ate, drank or snorted after you're done partying. I was assuming that's what Lainey was talking about, anyway. But who knows? It's Lainey.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:01 pm

I think there is a waiting time after doing or ingesting certain things (like alcohol), but I also gather that your body metabolizes medication/alcohol differently, so one beer might be fine, but more or stronger would show up in the breast milk.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Poubelle on Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:20 am

I've heard some moms I know refer to "pump and dump"--you pump after drinking, but throw that milk away so you don't risk any alcohol getting to the baby.

Also, some women feed their kids formula, in which case booze or coke wouldn't affect things at all. I suspect that's much more likely for a woman who hasn't slowed down her working or partying and is presumably relying on a nanny (which would at least require pumping).
Poubelle

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:54 am

From Lainey:

Skeeve in real life too

Theirs is known as one of the most solid show business marriages. Both of them are talented. Both of them work steadily. Both are well-respected. Both can be rather high-brow though they’ve tried at blockbusters and secretly aspire to big movie status without the big movie star lifestyle though, seeing as they do try to live under the radar. Which works for him because he steps out on her all the time. Sometimes it’s with civilians. One time it was with a young actress with mesmerising eyes and the hair of an angel. It was dirty and undercover, just like their subject matter.

So when you see him in movies, and he always plays the skeevy older creep? It’s not exactly a stretch.

Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Saarsgard? Jennifer Connelly and Paul Bettany? I hope not.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Decca on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:42 pm

Something about this does say Peter Sarsgaard to me, and he does play the occasional creepy older man. If it is him, I'm betting the "young actress with mesmerising eyes and the hair of an angel" is supposed to be Amanda Seyfried - he played the Chuck Traynor to her Linda Lovelace a few years ago, which might work with this: "It was dirty and undercover, just like their subject matter."

But I don't know, I just don't want it to be Paul Bettany cheating on Jennifer Connelly.

Decca

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:31 pm

I don't want it to be either couples (I am not a Maggie Gyllenhaal fan, I have no idea why but despite her being a great actress something about her irritates me, but I have a really bizarre fondness for Peter Sarsgaard and don't want him to be an actual sleaze), but I think its more likely to be Sarsgaard because I don't think Bettany really plays creeps regularly. I think the Amanda Seyfried guess is probably right too, hair of an angel and mesmerizing eyes was confounding me until you mentioned her.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:18 pm

I don't want it to be Amanda Seyfried. I like her, and sleeping with married men is not ok.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:31 pm

I love Amanda Seyfried but she gave a really candid interview during one of her breaks with Dominic Cooper about how they initially got together when she was still with her ex, and Cooper was in a ten year relationship (he went back to this ex and tried to make it work, and eventually he and Seyfried got back together). So. Like, there was no legal piece of paper but...

Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:50 pm

Amanda Seyfried also has appeared on the red carpet inebriated (drugs or alcohol, I dunno which) out of her damn mind, so really poor decision making on her part wouldn't surprise me.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Decca wrote:If it is him, I'm betting the "young actress with mesmerising eyes and the hair of an angel" is supposed to be Amanda Seyfried - he played the Chuck Traynor to her Linda Lovelace a few years ago, which might work with this: "It was dirty and undercover, just like their subject matter."

That makes sense. I like Peter Sarsgaard too, so it's a bummer, if true. He was very good as the sleazy guy in An Education (and Rosamund Pike was really funny). And here's this darkly funny quote of his from imdb:

[on Sean Penn taking him out to dinner during the making of his first film, Dead Man Walking (1995)] It was a sort of I'm-going-to-rape-you-and-we-should-get-to-know-one-another meal. I thought that was nice, and I've tried to extend the same courtesy to my co-stars, especially if I'm going to kill or rape them.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara on Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:34 pm

I seem to remember there were also rumors of an affair between Amanda Seyfried and Bill Paxton when they worked on Big Love together. Though I have to say I recall the "evidence" as mostly weird-angle red carpet pics on Getty that could definitely have been explained away in context. But there's that.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:26 pm

Have no idea who these people are. Help!

Actor vs. Director

An acclaimed actor. And an acclaimed director. A director with a huge ego, recently made even bigger, and his acclaimed friends are pricks too, so it’s not like there’s anyone around to check his behaviour... until he took it a step too far with someone who has some experiencewith knocking around douchebags on set.

So it’s been a long shoot. And this is a technically particular director. His exacting demands have made it so that production is taking a long, long time. He berates and belittles the crew, he’s impatient, and he’s often cruel, even unethical in his pursuit to get the “perfect shot”. With the hardware now, he feels even more justified in being as unkind as he wants to be, because in his mind, art is often not compatible with compassion. Compassion was the problem when one of his leads, due to a physical ailment, relied on wardrobe to come up with a solution that would alleviate some of his pain. It was a relief to the actor and, for the most part, it wasn’t a big deal aesthetically, until a long shot was required, at which point the director noticed that an adjustment had been made to help with the actor’s discomfort.

The director went ballistic. He got right up in the actor’s face. They start screaming at each other. They decide to take their argument somewhere private, where they continue to yell at each other. It’s LOUD. It’s ugly. It’s level 15 on intensity. The director won’t forgive, the actor won’t apologise. Everyone can hear. And then…

Silence.

The actor exits. On his own.

The director?

Is found by the crew moments later. On the ground in his tent. One punch.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top