Guess Who Don't Sue

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Guess Who Don't Sue

Post  Kiran on Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:11 pm

I think its totally him and I hope he gets help. I enjoy him too and cheating or not, I have believed he was honestly sober for a long time. And I hope he gets back on that wagon because its tough.

Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  LadyGayle on Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:23 pm

I think it's him, too. I'm sorry to think it, because I also have a huge soft spot for him that I can't even really explain. I hope he gets himself straightened out. Aside from anything else, he has three young kids who need him.

LadyGayle

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:37 pm

I like him too, but I do think it's him. He did have a skiing accident, the Batman/Superman movie has been pushed back, he's seemed stoned...it's a shame. I hope he's able to get help. Painkillers can be a real problem for addicts -- it's really easy to get sucked backed into using when you are given opiods for pain. Phillip Seymour Hoffman was able to stay sober for years until he was prescribed painkillers. It's a bit sick Lainey finds this to be juicy gossip.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:49 pm

Lainey only considers it sad smut if they OD.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:54 pm

Googling Affleck/skiing accident makes this seem barely blind. I like his work, though I think he's probably challenging to be married to. I hope he gets better. Oddly, if he hadn't OD'd, I would have guessed Phillip Seymour Hoffman on account of the "everyone forgot he went to rehab" line.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:27 pm

What I'm most enjoying about this is that all of us Baystate Snarkers are firmly, no, it's not him. The rest of you are wrong. Boston strong, for sure.
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  year of the cat on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:11 am

NOOO BEN DON'T LET LAINEY WIN! Lainey's blind is so BLESS HER HEART I want to puke. GET SOBER FOR SPITE, BEN.
year of the cat

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:28 pm

So, I'm pretty sure this is Timberlake and Biel, but I am SO GROSSED OUT that Lainey is seriously trying to get in Biel's head and decide that she's digging the painkiller addiction because of the extra attention. I get that the woman is not subtle in her biases, but come on.

He recently had to pause on work obligations citing health reasons. But this superstar didn’t seem all that sick. That’s because the health reasons were related to his wife. She’s been keeping a surprisingly low profile the last few months. Which is unusual because, well, the wife is rather pap-friendly. The immediate speculation was pregnancy and bump-hiding. But there was no bump when she showed up at a major event so it definitely wasn’t pregnancy.

Apparently there’s a painkiller addiction going on. And that’s the reason he couldn’t make it that time. She had an episode and it was serious enough that he had to bail on work and help her out. Not a side of him we see very often – you know, putting her before him. Something she must have enjoyed, though probably for the wrong reasons. Still, she seems to be getting off on his attention. And that’s worrying for those around her too. She’s addicted to the pills and also addicted to his care.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:49 pm

Lainey really, especially this year, strikes me as unpleasant human. Add this to "Charisma Carpenter milked her near sexual assault and murder for a tv show", "Catherine Zeta-Jones is bipolar ergo lacks social graces" and "Angelina Jolie is getting a double mastectomy because Brad Pitt has a movie to open."
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Decca on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:32 pm

Wow, a woman appreciated her husband's time and attention when she was fighting an addiction. What a narcissist!

Seriously, Lainey is just...apart from being just a deeply unkind thing to think about someone you don't know, someone who I'm sure has never hurt you whatever else you could say, this (like the Angelina Jolie and Charisma Carpenter theories) are really nonsensical. Why would anyone ENJOY a health or addiction crisis because it meant she got more attention from her husband? In what world is attention from your husband a bad thing to want or need when you're dealing with something like that? That's how humans work!

Decca

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:04 pm

I haven't read Lainey's site in a long time but back when I did, she seemed to have low grade issues with Jessica Biel until a certain point in her relationship with Justin Timberlake and then she kinda deemed her to be letting the side down (whose side, I have no idea) by hanging onto him as long as she did and 'forcing' him to marry her. Like, she should have realised by year, I dunno let's say 4 for argument's sake, I can't remember how long they were together pre-marriage) that it wasn't happening and retired gracefully. But no, she hung in there like a limpet when he was off doing JT stuff and he had no choice but to marry her because he couldn't get rid of her.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:15 am

From Lainey gossip:
Single up in the air
April 3, 2014 at 8:45 AM by Lainey
He might not get a lot of attention on this blog but when he does, you always respond. He’s a well- respected actor who is friends with a lot of other actors and while he’s known to be sometimes temperamental with studios and executives, his work is always solid. Though he’s enjoyed a couple of high profile relationships, for the last several years, he’s settled down with a civilian. They married and had a child. They said he was happy and committed. That he’s not that guy.

So…how come he was all over a flight attendant recently on a flight from LA to NYC? He was hitting on her hard. And kept going behind the curtain to spend time with her. And kept asking for her number. He was supposed to be doing some work on his laptop but he couldn’t help himself – over and over again, hitting up the flight attendant station to try to get in there. Didn’t give a sh-t that the other passengers in first class knew exactly what he was doing. I guess it’s OK then that we talk about the Mile High Club. Even when he’s a cheater. Especially if he’s a cheater.

Edward Norton?
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:07 pm

I guess it’s OK then that we talk about the Mile High Club
Definitely Edward Norton.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  ActonBell on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:35 pm

It's barely even blind.
ActonBell

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:09 pm

Edward Norton got married? I had no idea. I'm losing my touch as regards celeb gossip. Good thing we have this thread.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  slmader on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:04 pm

He's married to a woman from Edmonton. I don't think they got married all that long ago either.

slmader

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:27 pm

So The Cut had an anonymous piece by a former personal assistant to a female Hollywood star, who made the assistant break up with her boyfriend and stuffed dope in her carry on, although her most amusing anecdote to me was how she was always being told to buy best selling books that the starlet never read. Ha.

People are guessing Kate Hudson, but for some reason I can't see it being her.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:35 pm

I've seen online speculation that it's January Jones or Charlize Theron, but how do people guess these things? It could be some D lister.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:27 pm

puddingcup wrote:I've seen online speculation that it's January Jones or Charlize Theron, but how do people guess these things? It could be some D lister.

I think people just pick the starlet they most want a reason to dislike.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa on Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:03 pm

She does specify that the person is a "household name", so she must be relatively famous.

I'm kind of annoyed by how many people are all "None of this is even a big deal. Quit whining." First? These are the kinds of stories I LOVE, so I'd rather not see people eye roll them like it's no big, because really, I want MORE. Hee. Second, I don't think people are thinking of the day in/day out frustration of dealing with someone who is almost completely helpless. The fact that celebs even think they NEED assistants is kind of amazing when you let yourself have some distance from it. I mean, this is someone who read/watched the news for her so she wouldn't have to. That may not be scandalous, but it IS demonstrative of what a bubble these people live in.

I remember a bit in Kathy Griffin's stand-up, where she was at Cher's house and they decided they wanted pizza. AND NEITHER OF THEM KNEW HOW TO ORDER IT. Okay, Kathy Griffin is, by her own designation, D-List, and even SHE is coddled. They had to call her assistant to have her order a pizza for them.

This is also making me think of Lindsay's reality show and how she literally has 2 assistants, a life coach, a sober coach, just to get her through her day to day life of...shopping, I guess. I mean, she's not even working right now, and she multiple people at her beck and call 24/7.

I have so much more respect for people who basically use assistants when they need them during filming, but can actually live their own lives during their weeks/months off (which let's not even get into how they have the luxury of having months off at a time).

Hee, sorry for the tangent.
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss Moneypenny on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:27 pm

See, if I had a PA, I would absolutely make them do all the stupid shit I hate doing: calling the doctor, balancing my checkbook, going to the drugstore, buying birthday gifts for my kid's friends, looking up recipes. Like, their entire job description would be "daily life bullshit wrangler."

But then I would have to be productive for about 40% more of the day and I just don't think I'm ready for that.
Miss Moneypenny

http://daisyrazor.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:54 pm

Me too, absolutely. Job #1: put away all my laundry. Because I HATE hanging up clothes. So stupid, I know. But if I was paying a PA, that is the kind of thing I'd like to not have to do anymore. But having them read the news for me, probably not. Unless I was having them read the trades to scan for things that might matter to my career or whatever. That's something executives do; I don't see why a celeb shouldn't do it if they have the means.

But I agree with you swsa, these kinds of stories are like catnip to me, because I like knowing who is floating so high above ground that they can't handle their own breakups for themselves.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Carrie Ann wrote:Me too, absolutely. Job #1: put away all my laundry. Because I HATE hanging up clothes. So stupid, I know. But if I was paying a PA, that is the kind of thing I'd like to not have to do anymore. But having them read the news for me, probably not. Unless I was having them read the trades to scan for things that might matter to my career or whatever. That's something executives do; I don't see why a celeb shouldn't do it if they have the means.

But I agree with you swsa, these kinds of stories are like catnip to me, because I like knowing who is floating so high above ground that they can't handle their own breakups for themselves.

But isn't that more a maid's/housekeeper's job? I would love for someone to clean my house regularly.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  whatthedeuce on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:26 pm

Carrie Ann wrote:Me too, absolutely. Job #1: put away all my laundry. Because I HATE hanging up clothes. So stupid, I know. But if I was paying a PA, that is the kind of thing I'd like to not have to do anymore. But having them read the news for me, probably not. Unless I was having them read the trades to scan for things that might matter to my career or whatever. That's something executives do; I don't see why a celeb shouldn't do it if they have the means.

I have no dryer so I have to hang my stuff on lines, and if I had an assistant, they'd totally be stuck doing that. And dusting my house. Other than that, I'm scarily boring so I'd have nothing for them to do. I might force them to read whatever I'm reading so we could have a 2-person book club though.

Also, I am so stupid that I thought blixie's recap of the blind alleged that the actress made the assistant break up with the assistant's boyfriend. I was all, "That is so fucked up." Not that making the assistant break bad news to the starlet's boyfriend is any better, but at least it makes a bit more sense. Kinda.

whatthedeuce

Back to top Go down

Post  themis on Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:47 pm

I read it that way, too. Although if I were an A-lister and my designated daily bullshit wrangler were seeing some incredible douchebag, I can totally see saying, "You want my Chanel leavings and Oscare freebie bag castoffs? First, dump that absolute loser you're seeing, I am tired of hearing about all of your drama."

themis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top