Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renee Zellweger

+17
lisa
naughty zoot
Binky
ulkis
Corvus
laddical
Carrie Ann
Instant Monkeys
Kiran
mandalaya
blixie
Grainne Mhaol
Coneycat
Algae
punkysdilemma
Eris Rising
Crowbridge
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Renee Zellweger Empty Renee Zellweger

Post  Crowbridge Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:43 am

Creating a Zellweger thread because of this:

http://gawker.com/here-are-some-pictures-of-renee-zellweger-1648827025

Does she have any new projects lined up?  Because she doesn't look like herself, and it would be VERY weird to see her in a movie, now.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Renee Zellweger Empty Re: Renee Zellweger

Post  Eris Rising Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:49 am

Goddammit, she pulled a full Jennifer Grey.
Eris Rising
Eris Rising

Back to top Go down

Post  punkysdilemma Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:16 am

She looked weird at the Oscars last year. I don't know why people are just now noticing. Or is she now weirder than that?
punkysdilemma
punkysdilemma

Back to top Go down

Post  Algae Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:14 am

I think weirder. She doesn't look bad, per se. She just looks nothing like Renee Zellweger.
Algae
Algae

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:24 am

That's what I thought-- she looks pretty good, just nothing like the person who appeared in all those movies. And yes, Jennifer Grey was the first person I thought of.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:06 am

She looks as if she's had eye bag surgery at the very least - she used to look much more... squinty? Now she looks very generic, like a cut-price Sarah-Jessica Parker.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:19 am

Eh, I think she still looks like Renee, same sour lemon smile, same lips, same cheekbones, same botoxed forehead, and chemical peeled to the max skin she's had for at least 10 years. She clearly did have an eyelid job though, and yes it does make her look different and therefore "weird" but I don't think she looks *bad*. It's possible her eyelids were becoming a real practical problem as she aged so I doubt it was a purely cosmetic decision, especially considering how much it would alter her brand look.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:00 am

Whoa. I would not recognize her if I saw her somewhere, because she doesn't look like she looked in all those films. Decent plastic surgery but a bad result, I say.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:29 am

Renee has been doing weird stuff to her face for a while but I always recognized her. In these pics I did not, so I definitely think she looks way different.

She looks like Naomi Watts and Robin Wright had a shiny baby. Not bad, just not at all like herself.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:21 pm

I stared at those pictures a long time, and I literally can't find her in them. At all.

She can do what she likes, and I've read suggestions that because of her squintiness she had trouble seeing so maybe that was part of the reason for the eye component. I've also read a few hand-wringing commentaries about how we judge the looks of aging actresses -- we judge them for having surgery if they look "fake" and we judge them for not having surgery if they look "old." That is all absolutely true; there is an extremely narrow range of acceptability there and it's bullshit.

But, to me, she doesn't look "old" and I'm not jeering at her for having unsuccessfully tried to have a medical procedure that would keep her from looking old. She just looks like a completely different person. I wouldn't look twice at her walking down the street, to say she's beautiful or unbeautiful or old or anything else. It's like she used to be Renee Zellweger, and now she's this lady.
Instant Monkeys
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:58 pm

Yes, that's my feeling too. This is about the fact that that just doesn't look like her face, and I don't think that was her intent. I looked at the side by sides of these shots and ones from just a few years ago, and I literally checked each facial feature trying to figure out how this could have happened. I thought it could be cheek or chin implants, a nose job, etc., but I honestly think everything looks the same structurally, so it's this eyelid thing, and then I think a really drastic face lift, plus your standard fillers/Botox. But the overall effect is that this looks like a pretty person who is not Renee Zellweger.
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:03 pm

I know nobody else likes it, but I'm enjoying Selfie, and last night Eliza was giving Char'monique advice on reinventing herself for her high school reunion and used Renee as the example of reinventing yourself into unrecognizability. If comedy is about timing, that couldn't have been timelier if it tried.
laddical
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:32 pm

For what it's worth, I'm facing blepharoplasty in the next year. Ptosis (drooping eyelids) is a real condition with serious consequences, such as occluded vision and eyelash problems. Fortunately for me, nobody cares what I look like.
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:25 pm

She looks like a soccer mom from Ft. Worth, or something. A hot soccer mom from Ft. Worth, don't get me wrong, but anything that made her stand out from the crowd is gone. I wonder what effect this will have on her career, even though I know it hasn't exactly been on fire lately.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:53 pm

I always feel guilty when I like someone's looks after plastic surgery of some sort, but there I do. Her scrunched up face look always drove me nuts. So I guess I don't have to feel that guilty, heh, because it's not something that she started doing as she got older - she's been making that face as long as I can remember, until now.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:32 pm

Corvus wrote:For what it's worth, I'm facing blepharoplasty in the next year. Ptosis (drooping eyelids) is a real condition with serious consequences, such as occluded vision and eyelash problems. Fortunately for me, nobody cares what I look like.

Yeah, this is a genuine condition and she might have it. I think she's always had really terrible self esteem, though, and I'd bet more on that.

Did she also do something to her nose?
Binky
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowbridge Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Binky wrote:
Corvus wrote:For what it's worth, I'm facing blepharoplasty in the next year. Ptosis (drooping eyelids) is a real condition with serious consequences, such as occluded vision and eyelash problems. Fortunately for me, nobody cares what I look like.

Yeah, this is a genuine condition and she might have it. I think she's always had really terrible self esteem, though, and I'd bet more on that.

Did she also do something to her nose?
I don't know about the nose, but I have heard over the years that she does have low self-esteem. I'm so glad I'm not famous. I would not be able to handle it.

Crowbridge

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:22 pm

Yeah I remember post Bridget Jones she lost a lot of weight, as if to overcompensate. Its sad because I actually thought she looked great in that movie.
Kiran
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:03 am

The one thing I think, looking at pictures like this, is how weird it would be to look in the mirror and see not (as Blue Rodeo said) "traces of some other guy"-- but a totally different person. And then I wonder what someone's motivation would be to completely erase the face they've gone through life with.

And then I remember that projecting is probably a bad idea. But I still think it must have been a strange experience for her, getting used to a completely different face.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:41 pm

Do we know what she's been doing the past 4 years? Her last film came out in 2010.
naughty zoot
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:39 pm

Somewhere, Joey Lauren Adams is smiling into her cup of coffee and whispering, just once, "I win."

(Renee and Joey used to be celebrity doppelgangers. Joey is aging much differently than Renee did.)

lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:58 am

I'm so glad that everyone here is being pretty civilized on this topic. So many places keep saying that the work she had done was "bad", and I don't think that's the case at all. I think she had very good work done, it's just altered her appearance considerably. She used to get a lot of people complaining about her squinty look, and maybe it just got to her. And for what it's worth, she's not a skinny as she was before, and the weight looks good on her.

Frankly, I'm wondering if this is a combination of plastic surgery and natural aging. Personally, I thought she looked less-Botoxed than she had been in years past.

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Regina Filangie Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:00 am

I don't have a problem with someone having work done, which Renee clearly has. But if you're going to do it, then own it. To try and explain a drastically different appearance as the result of being older and happy is BS. I like her, but I'd have a lot more respect for these celebrities if they'd just say " Yeah, I had a little tune up. So what ? "

Regina Filangie

Back to top Go down

Post  Matinee Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:16 pm

What I find notable is that she had two rather dramatic changes - this recent one, and the post-Bridget Jones II weight loss. 5-years-ago Renee looks little like Jerry McGuire Renee, and it's not just aging. I always thought the second gain-and-loss seemed to coincide with that first change, so it wouldn't surprise me if there is a big contribution of the weight and perhaps less "touching up" than in the past.

Matinee

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:51 pm

naughty zoot wrote:Do we know what she's been doing the past 4 years? Her last film came out in 2010.

While I admit I was a bit taken aback when I saw her latest picture because it was quite unlike how I remembered her from her last films, I think I'm more interested with where she gets her money if she hasn't made a film in years? Like, what does she live on? Which is something I do wonder about actors who haven't worked in a while. Do they live off residuals? Invest money wisely from the boom years? Live frugally? Have a part time job somewhere? Go on the dole (welfare)?

How do actors cope when they have long periods of not working?

I'm sorry, I just wonder about these practicalities at times.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum