Death Pool

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Death Pool

Post  Tabby on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:52 am

I remember seeing an interview with him, many years ago, where they brought in Jonathan Winters and the two of them riffed off each other until I was falling off my chair with laughter.

I just saw that he and Christopher Reeve were roommates at Juilliard. Both of them gone way, way too early.

RIP.
Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:25 am

Way too early. I remember reading Christopher Reeves' book and their friendship really was beautiful. And I remember seeing Robin Williams on talk shows after Reeves' death and he was so devastated.

His poor kids. Zelda's tweet was lovely, and I remember seeing this a few years back and thinking they really seemed to adore each other.

Sarah Michelle Gellar's statement was lovely.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:01 am

biakbiak wrote:Zelda's tweet made me teary. As did the end of Josh Charles's where he said he said "Standing on my desk for you, always."

Wow, it was a bad move to start reading those at my desk at work, might need to dip into the bathroom til the red eyes subside. Those are lovely tributes.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  jennlynnster on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:33 am

Oh, this one really hurts. I'll be sniffle crying for the rest of the day.

jennlynnster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jude on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:56 am

Depression is such a horrible, misunderstood, frustrating condition. Having seen it close up in my family plus having experienced it twice myself, it breaks my heart to think of the kind of pain Robin was in. Rest in peace, good fellow. You brought joy to so many people.

Jude

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:04 pm

I drove past the Mork & Mindy house on the way to work and there were flowers and notes on the fence. I'll try to walk over at lunch and get a picture.

I know the person who owned that house years age hated gawkers, but I don't know if that's the case anymore.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  emrie on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:17 pm

In Boston, fans memorialized the Good Will Hunting bench last night.

emrie

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:48 pm

I've teared up more for this loss than I have for any famous person death, I'm so sorry for his family and for all those dealing with depression in their lives. He made the world a little more Wonderful.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:54 pm

I feel the same way. Watching the clips, here at work on CNN, is making me weepy. One thing that made me smile: President Obama's statement included calling him a 'bangarang Peter Pan.'

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I've been weeping on and off all day. I don't often get upset by celebrity deaths (the exception being Heath Ledger's) but this has hit me hard. It's almost unbearable to think that someone who brought so much happiness and laughter into the world was consumed by so much darkness and pain.

Codladh sámh, anam uasail.

Last edited by Grainne Mhaol on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:58 pm

Grainne Mhaol wrote:I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I've been weeping on and off all day.

Don't be. I've been tearful on and off since I read the news last night before going to bed. Someone on Twitter said that this feels personal and it so does. I grew watching him on TV and then in movies. He was someone I didn't realise I was so fond of and that I didn't realise just how invested I was in him grappling with his problems until I read that he was gone.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:28 pm

Someone said that Robin Williams was like our collective funny uncle we adored. That says it. He truly was a giant part of many of ours childhood and when you grew up you could enjoy his other work. It feels personal.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:00 pm

I was okay. I really was. I thought "It's awful and sad, and I'm going to miss him, but I can deal." Then I played the "Prince Ali" song from Aladdin on YouTube and almost started bawling. What a tragic waste.
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:15 pm

I've literally spent the entire days watching movie clips/interviews/award acceptance speeches. His speeches are the saddest, I think, because he has that skittish energy like he doesn't really believe he belongs up there.

One of my favorite clips of the day is a totally random little outtake from The Crazy Ones where he makes Kelly Clarkson and James Wolk (and from the sound of it, most of the crew) cry laughing. The Crazy Ones blooper

From an interview Kelly Clarkson did, it sounds like the whole song was being improvised by Robin and James on the spot and she couldn't hold it together.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  Never Enough on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:37 pm

Well I'll be damned. It's this Buzzfeed article that was the tipping point for me. The tears started with the The Birdcage quote. Totally random, not sentimental mushy, but it reminded me of my mom and I watching it on cable and hysterically laughing during the dinner scene where they are pretending to be a straight couple and Robin Williams in the kitchen with Hank Azaria. Moments like that where I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe and falling off the couch from laughing, that's what I'll remember now.

I answer calls on the National Lifeline for Marin County and we did get an influx of calls last night where people talked about how hard they were hit by Robin's suicide. I've never seen that happen with any other celebrity death. It's heartbreaking, but this might just be a breakthrough in getting people to talk about mental illness and suicide.

Never Enough

Back to top Go down

Post  snorf on Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:42 pm

I'm so glad for the internet and to know I'm not alone in the random tearing up. I think what I'll miss most is how much he could convey with his eyes. He could go from hilarious crazy, to authority, to emphatic kindness all in one look.

snorf

Back to top Go down

Post  particle_person on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:09 pm

Lauren Bacall died, age 89

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:18 pm

Journeyman actor, Ed Nelson.
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  The Dude on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:25 pm

Here's a couple of the pics I took of Casa de Mork

There was a news truck there so you can probably find better quality online somewhere.
The Dude

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:51 pm

I shall order a martini tonight and tell the bartender to "just pass the vermouth over the glass." In honor of Ms. Bacall's passing!
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:04 pm

particle_person wrote:Lauren Bacall died, age 89

What a screen presence she had. Sad to hear she's passed though she had a good, long life.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  jstilwe on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:13 pm

Lauren Bacall, too? Jeez, I don't like this week.

jstilwe

Back to top Go down

Post  Cutebutpsycho on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:39 pm

This week can go to hell.
Cutebutpsycho

Back to top Go down

Post  Shalamar on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:43 am

My daughters were watching Robin Williams movies all day yesterday (Hook and Dead Poets' Society), and we watched Good Morning, Vietnam together. I had forgotten about this line:

"Danang me, Danang me, why don't they get a rope and hang me!"

Ouch.
Shalamar

Back to top Go down

Post  Kiran on Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:10 pm

Aw, Lauren. She was my fave of that era. She had a long amazing life and is with bogie again though.
Kiran

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top