Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agent Carter

+24
laddical
Gillian
bookworm
Coneycat
Putli Bai
Snarryfan
Miss Moneypenny
mrinsouciance
CocoaGoddess
big chicken
blixie
Shalamar
maxell131313
BrightEyes
Eris Rising
Algae
QueenSix
punzy
sagitare
RiverThames
Carrie Ann
naughty zoot
TiffanyNichelle
particle_person
28 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Agent Carter - Page 4 Empty Re: Agent Carter

Post  bookworm Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:38 pm

Also, I miss her actress roomie. I was certain that Peggy would bring her with her to Los Angeles or something. It would make sense! I guess they felt like Ana Jarvis and actress best friend would be too many strong willed women? Which is stupid, but I can totally see some exec deciding that.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:23 pm

I actually don't miss the waitress, I like Ana better, and we still have Dottie who is just my favorite bonkerballs counterpart to Peggy, though I'd be fine without the One Tree Hill part of things, am I really supposed to care if he one day respects Peggy and stops being a dick?

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Corvus Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:26 pm

Sousa fiance: My money is on Hydra Evil.

I harbour some hope for One Tree Hill. The very fact that we're spending time on him would indicate he still has some role to play in this story, which currently doesn't seem to have much to do with Peggy. So while he may be a dick, he's not evil. His meeting with Possibly Evil* Red Foreman might put him in position where he might go evil himself. I would guess some mysterious 'they' will ask him to do something about or to Peggy, and he will furrow his brow and do Acting and end up doing the right thing and still being a dick about it.

On the other hand, the show seems to love trope-subversion (e.g., Not At All Jealous Mrs Jarvis because She Has a Brain) so maybe they'll just have him toss in with the government evil.

*Variants: either Hydra Evil or Shadowy Government Evil (Evil but still American, thank you)

Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:34 pm

Mah shoooow! I am so, so happy this show is back. It's so much fun, and Peggy is just everything.

I do miss Angie. I was wondering if she's not on this time because they decided they didn't need her after they moved Peggy out to LA, or if the actress had a scheduling conflict and just couldn't do it. I love Ana, though, and I like what more we've seen of Rose, so I'm glad Peggy has girlfriends in LA, and that those friends know exactly who she is and what she does.

I ended up liking Chad Michael Murray better than I expected last year. I liked that they gave him a little depth, but still kept him as basically a dick at heart. I'm not really invested in whether he ends up evil or good (but still a dick), but I am curious to see which one they pick.

I'm happy to see CMM sidelined in New York, because I'm excited for Sousa to get to do more. I swear, he did more in that season promo at the end of last week's episode than he did in all of last season. I feel like last year the writers just kind of coasted on his decency. I like him, and I want to like him more, so hopefully this season he gets to shine a bit.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:02 am

I'm sorry about Angie as well, especially since this season is set in Hollywood. On IMDB she's listed as appearing in seven episode, 2015-2016, but that seems to cover just last season. Disappointing!

One Tree Hill needs to be punched repeatedly in the stomach, but I have to confess there was a moment in last night's episode when a tiny part of me felt sorry for him. Mind you, the rest of me was going "You tell him!"

And Howard was tremendous fun. I understand he was a real dick in some comic book timelines, but I confess I enjoy what they're doing with him in this universe-- he's a lot like Tony, he's not a bad person, but you can see how he would be a terrible father even if though he probably loved Tony very much. Although I try not to think about the future while I'm watching!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:04 pm

I love the inside comic book / movie jokes. Jarvis saying that he didn't want to be a disembodied voice forever made me die laughing.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:19 pm

This show is basically 80% people turning down other people's offers to go for drinks.

Howard is so much fun and adds so much to the show. And the show is already great without him! Peggy taunting him with his bloody mary was the best.

I've already forgotten the way Peggy worded her massive Chad Michael Murray burn, but daaaamn. She wasn't wrong, but I'd swear the super uncomfortable air in that office made it all the way into my living room. Now back to New York with you, guy. You're not a total dumb dumb, but you still suck.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:09 am

Oh Sousa, you lost your chance.  Peggy, go with the guy who appreciates your talents and isn't afraid of you being a strong woman who eats sandwiches and punches people. BE AWESOME TOGETHER.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:04 pm

OK Marvel/ABC - you cannot end it like that, and not give us a third season. Need moar Peggy.
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:55 pm

OK Marvel/ABC - you cannot end it like that, and not give us a third season. Need moar Peggy.

Yes please.
mandalaya
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:23 am

Yes, indeed, moar Peggy. Also, Jarvis, you better come through with that Bernese mountain dog (I was so hoping for puppies in the final moments, not... THAT.)

Although the second-last scene made me yell "ABOUT DAMN TIME!" and squee like a teenybopper.

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Thu Mar 03, 2016 6:22 pm

Plus more Howard Stark. I adore the energy he brings and he has such a wonderful rat-a-tat-tat way with the dialogue.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:28 pm

I loved the moment when Jarvis thought he wasn't taking Peggy to the airport. And then when Ana told him that he was he jumped out of the doorway. The whole show could just be Peggy and Jarvis and no one else and I'd be happy.
bookworm
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4