Finding Carter

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Finding Carter

Post  mialoubug on Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:03 am

I just discovered this on Demand and I'm hooked.  Finding Carter airs on MTV and Season 2 starts next week.  Is anyone else watching?

The premise is that a 16 year old girl (Carter) finds out that the single mother who has raised her is not her mother but is her kidnapper, having stolen her from her family's front yard at age 3.  She is reunited with her parents, her fraternal twin sister and her younger brother, who refers to himself as "the replacement child."  The story is pretty interesting, and the actors are great.  Cynthia Watros plays the bio mother, Alexis Denis is the dad.  Carter is played by Kathryn Prescott, an actress I haven't seen before.
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Re: Finding Carter

Post  particle_person on Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:13 pm

...had a weird moment where I thought this was about Agent Carter. Finding Agent Carter. I don't even know.

Tech Support

Back to top Go down

Post  Raksha on Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:09 pm

I watched it! I was a little disappointed that it turned out to focus more on a typical troubled teen story rather than the "I was kidnapped at a young age" thing. I wanted to see more about why Carter's mom took her and Carter's own struggle with that, rather than her excessive partying and crappy friends. But there was still enough of the good stuff to keep me coming back. I hope we get to find out why Laurie keeps saying is the real reason she took Carter and how her parents really knew Laurie.
Raksha

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya on Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:29 am

I liked this at first and watched it until recently, when I realized I have grown to loathe Carter. She's just even more dickish than most teenagers when it comes right down to the important stuff, although she does have moments of grace. It's hard to watch a show when I just want to punch the supposed protagonist in the face, like, A LOT, and it only increases with each episode. YMMV however, and the acting is indeed pretty good, so I hope you continue to enjoy it.
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top