Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Melancholia

3 posters

Go down

Melancholia Empty Melancholia

Post  blixie Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Lars von Trier's gorgeous exploration of well, melancholia and
Spoiler:

I watched this on demand as I'm unsure when I'll get a chance to see it in theaters though I wager some of it's brilliance was dimmed even in HD. I would say this is the least cynical (relatively) most human movie he's ever made, though maybe not his best.

I liked it a lot, and think Kiki looks so so beautiful in the first half of the film, and does a great job as ever. I hope she can grab an Oscar nomination and that this puts her back in the game so to speak of getting good parts.

blixie
Mod Squad

https://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Melancholia Empty Re: Melancholia

Post  Wilhelmina Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:02 pm

I was extremely happy that I saw it in a theatre. There are things that need to be seen on a big screen.

I was amazed how accurately Trier depicted Justine's depression - the scene where she can't get into the bathtub especially got to me. But OTOH the movie was strangely exhilarating. I also enjoyed how the two parts mirrored each other, just on different scales. Also: Awesome!Udo Kier was awesome.
Wilhelmina
Wilhelmina

Back to top Go down

Post  jcpdiesel21 Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:45 pm

I'm torn on this. I was really intrigued by the advance buzz and everything that I read about this movie, but then I saw the trailer and it really turned me off. It (and Kristen) certainly look gorgeous, though.
jcpdiesel21
jcpdiesel21

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum