What Are You Watching

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Are You Watching

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:39 pm

I've started watching iZombie since Netflix Canada added it recently. Almost done season 1. Fun and quirky, I'm enjoying it.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:38 pm

When iZombie premiered, I watched every show on The CW except SPN and Reign, and now I've dropped all but Arrow (which is bad but I can't seem to quit) and iZombie, which I actually think is my favorite show on TV. Both seasons were just so satisfying. There have been a few missteps, but the cast is fantastic and it's so consistently entertaining and smart. Can't wait for the S3 premiere.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:57 pm

Yeah, my CW shows are dropping like flies. I watched the first eight or nine seasons of SPN on Netflix, and then all the rest as they aired. And this season was enough for me. Just boredom. Tried to like Legends of Tomorrow, but realised it wasn't working for me. Flash has been disappointing recently, but I'll stick with it a while yet. Arrow also continues to disappoint, but I am so fond of past seasons that it still gets a pass. For now.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:16 am

I really like iZombie too. Quirky and fun, definitely, and I enjoy the bad guy. I enjoy pretty much all the characters, actually.

I'm currently watching Legends of Tomorrow. It's actually working fine for me, maybe because I've watched a few seasons each of Flash and Arrow but got bored with both. LoT draws on those backstories just enough for it to feel like a coherent universe without it feeling like it's The DC Universe in some rigid way. The only thing that is occasionally jarring for me is that the guy who played Rory in Dr. Who is a Time Lord er Time Master, and there's a DIFFERENT character who's named Rory. People keep saying "Rory" and I automatically connect it to the character who is actually named Rip Hunter.

So maybe the universe is a little Rigid Universe-y, because they couldn't change the names to not create that snag in my viewing pleasure. But I don't begrudge Arthur Darvill the part, he's fine in it.
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:46 am

Our CW shows are Jane the Virgin and Crazy Ex-Girlfriend AND ALSO iZombie - I cannot WAIT until its back, I love it so much.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:50 pm

mandalaya wrote:I really like iZombie too. Quirky and fun, definitely, and I enjoy the bad guy.

I just finished season 2 (loved!), and this show is so awesome that they're able to juggle three bad guys over the course of the season, who intertwine (well I guess Max Rager guy doesn't so much with Boss and Blaine, but because of *their* connections to other characters, they do still intertwine...) Which bad guy were you meaning in particular?

Not only is the main cast good, but all the smaller parts as well. Major's whole arc in season 2 was amazing.

I'd set season three to start recording (and how often does that happen that something I'm watching on Netflix corresponds to a new season on tv at the exact time that I finish it? Never.) But then I noticed that the first episode of season three (haven't watched yet) was also on Netflix, so they're doing the same thing as many of the other CW shows and showing it the day after it airs on the network. Cool!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  sagitare on Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:58 pm

Add me to the iZombie/Netflix fan club as well. Echoing Gallifrey Girl, I too was surprised (but very pleased!) to see Netflix showing Season 3 as the episodes are airing on the network. I thought for sure I'd have to wait until the season was done on the CW before it appeared on Netflix.

What I thought most impressive about the show is it's ability to really weave in the mythology of the series with the procedural format, all the while keeping the mythology pretty much front and centre. Shows like this usually embrace the case-of-the-week thing quickly and only come back to the more interesting, longer-term arcs around traditional sweeps periods. But with iZombie I found that the majority of the case episodes usually looped back into the mythology and built on it, which made for a much more satisfying series overall.

Major's arc was so unexpected but done so very well. I also enjoyed how they stepped up Clive's character, too, and gave him interesting story lines that showcased the actor. Everyone is great on the show - I love the chemistry between the actors.
sagitare

Back to top Go down

Post  mandalaya on Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:02 pm

Which bad guy were you meaning in particular?

Good point. This isn't Highlander, there can be (and is) more than one! But I was talking about Blaine. He was the first bad guy and remains the best in my eyes.

I didn't realize the new season had started. Hooray!
mandalaya

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Mon May 08, 2017 1:08 am

I just binged the entire season of Girlboss, which was quite fun. Cool clothes, the lead actress is adorable, and it was just a nice bit of fun entertainment. I don't know a lot about the true story of Sophia, but I'm more interested in checking out her book now that I've watched the fictionalised version. Also the music in the show is really great.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dreago on Sun Jun 11, 2017 1:32 am

American Gods.

Oh My God. The other day I was thinking that I was grateful to be alive during a golden era of television. This show is part of that. The book means a lot to me personally and professionally and it's a dream come true that I get to watch it on television.

dreago

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic View next topic Back to top