What Are You Watching

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Are You Watching

Post  mialoubug on Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Is anyone watching 12 Monkeys on SyFy? I've been for the past two weeks, but I'm not sure I want to continue. I hate it when I'm bored watching what should be a great story ("Sons of Liberty", I'm looking at you). I think it's the main actor; he's terrible. My husband likes it so I'll probably continue to watch it but sooooo boring.
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara on Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:10 pm

It's...not terrible, but it's not good either? I'm hanging in there? I want it to be better? When Amanda "Jody Sawyer" Schull as a virologist is actually one of the more believable parts of your show, maybe you have a problem? I just feel like it makes me ask a lot of boring questions instead of being super cool like it should be. This is also how I feel about The Strain, for the record.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  Raised by wolves on Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:03 pm

Last night I sort of randomly decided to watch Sirens on USA, which I had never seen or heard of. It's a sitcom about EMS/police in Chicago, except it's on USA so there's more swearing. I was so pleasantly surprised--it is hilarious. I set my DVR to season pass.
I freakin' LOVE Sirens.  It's fantastic.

Did anyone catch the end of Jeopardy last night?  It was crazy!  With one question to go in DoubleJ, a challenger had $21,000 and the champ had $7,000.  Champ hits the Daily Double goes for it all/gets it so she ends up with $14,000.  Then for FinalJ,  they both get the question wrong but the challenger bet $7,001 and the ballsy as fuck champ bet NOTHING.  She won by a dollar.  That poor challenger must have been gutted.  He had a runaway with two questions to go and lost.

Raised by wolves

Back to top Go down

Post  Tabby on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:08 am

vwlphb wrote:Also is anyone else watching The Nightly Show? I like it, but I love the Keep It 100 part of the episodes.
I am! I like it a lot. Spending an entire show on one topic is a great idea.

I'm hooked on The Great British Baking Show on PBS. (I think it was on in the UK, where it's called The Great British Bake Off, last summer or fall.) What a fantastic show.

Tabby

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:39 pm

Two weeks ago, I turned on my tv, a couple of hours after it had recorded Downton Abbey, so it was still on the PBS channel. The Great British Bake Off was playing, and I was MESMERIZED! So delightful, so contestant drama-free (for a show where someone gets booted off each week), and just so charming. I tuned in this week again, and will continue to watch!

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:28 pm

OMG, I am OBSESSED with The Great British Bakeoff. I love it so much. And I got my mom into watching it, so now every Sunday we call each other and watch the Bakeoff together. Everyone that is left is a favourite. I could be happy with any of them winning at this point, and isn't that refreshing. I have a bit of a crush on Richard with his pencil behind his ear. He had me at Black Forest Chocolate Fondant. Also, Martha is so adorable (and so freaking young!), I love Chetna and all of her spices and fresh fruit, and I've wanted to eat everything that Kate has made. Luis almost seems like the dark horse, because he's pretty consistently great, and Nancy is exactly who you want making your homey baked goods for you. She's awesome.

I'm WAY more excited week to week with GBBO than I ever am with Walking Dead or probably anything except for maybe Parks and Rec. Am sad that it even has to end.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:01 pm

My mom got into GBBO when she was visiting me in September so now she's all excited she gets to watch the whole thing! My favorite part is how NICE everyone is to each other. No backstabbing or gossip, and the producers don't edit the show to manufacture it, either. So refreshing!

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:54 pm

I'm super into it too. I watched the American version that lasted for just one season a couple summers back and loved that too. But TGBB is even better because, at least for this season, I love all the bakers. Martha, my precious little angel. There's also a special place in my heart for Kate.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:50 am

So is anyone else checking out Hindsight? It's the 90s Nostalgia Time Travel Show I never knew I needed.

"Chandler and Monica hook up? Oh my god, you are the WORST time traveler! You don't tell me things I want to know, and do tell me things I don't!"
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:20 pm

Count me in as a fan of GBBO as well. i love the kindness of the contestants and the judges, it's just so nice to watch reality TV where the contestants aren't bitching about each other all the time. Plus, you know, the food.

Last edited by eventide82 on Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:38 am; edited 1 time in total
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:23 am

The first two episodes of Black Mirror.

Damn. Just damn.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  RiverThames on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:30 am

I know!

Though I had a hard time swallowing the idea that the PM
Spoilers for The National Anthem:
wouldn't have kept every law enforcement agency on full alert to search for the Princess until the LAST POSSIBLE SECOND before starting to fuck the pig. I mean, the whole thing hinged on the idea that no one was even paying attention anywhere in the streets and she was wandering around drugged and free a half hour before he started.
RiverThames

http://www.mrmaresca.com

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:33 am

Instant Monkeys: Yeah. But wait there's more. I think a lot of people go nuts for the White Bear episode and the Christmas special. I liked Be Right Back. And the first episode.

The first two episodes of Fresh Off the Boat.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara on Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:52 pm

I'm almost done with S1 of Hamlet on Wheels Sons of Anarchy on Netflix. Holy balls, intensetown. Literally everyone on that show is completely terrifying. I keep thinking I can't take one more thing and then I hit "play next episode." I have also crossed "biker gang" off my list of future possible employment. I mean, just in case anyone was wondering.

charlie hunnam's ass tho

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  inversed on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:30 am

Did anyone else watch the first episode of The Casual Vacancy? I like it a lot so far. Rowling is so good at writing despicable yet believable characters.

inversed

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:58 am

Send help. I re-activated my Netflix account so I could watch S1 of The Blacklist because James Spader is hot like fire. I am so tired because I watched 6 episodes last night and didn't go to bed until 1am.

Oh, and Charlie Hunnam's ass is a thing of beauty in SOA. Wait until S7. For reals.

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  mialoubug on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:29 pm

For some unfathomable reason (i.e. I don't know why), I've begun watching Medium with Patricia Arquette. And I actually think it's fairly well done, at least for that type of show. I'm still on season 1, may be about 8 episodes in, but am consistently interested in what's happening.
mialoubug

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:48 pm

I never watched Medium regularly, but when I did see an episode (my mother watched it when I was still living at home), I always liked the dynamic between Alison and her husband, and their daughters. It seemed very real, with ups and downs that weren't over dramatics, and the two of them making compromises for each other the way everyone does in their relationships.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:19 pm

Agreed, eventide. On the occasions when I watch it now, (thank you re-runs), I'm always struck by that relationship. There's never any faux "OMG You are a Medium and I CANNOT Take It Anymore (because it is Sweeps Week)" drama.

I'm always impressed too by how they incorporate Alison's visions or dreams into things. There was one episode where a girl was missing and Alison started to hear "I Will Survive" in her head and as she got closer or further away from this place where one of the missing girl's belongings was lying, they used bursts of the song or playing the same part over and over to indicate where she needed to go, even though at that point Alison had no idea what was going on, she was just hearing Gloria Gaynor sing NONONONONO continuously until she moved in the right direction.

I thought that was some well thought out writing there.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Melk on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:53 am

inversed wrote:Did anyone else watch the first episode of The Casual Vacancy? I like it a lot so far. Rowling is so good at writing despicable yet believable characters.

They filmed some of it in the village where I work, and in a lot of the surrounding area too. It was a lot of fun spotting places that I knew. I quite enjoyed the storyline too - although I am skeptical that a place as small as Pagford would sport it's own methadone program, or than a parish council has the power to authorize a change of use from a community centre to a spa.
Melk

Back to top Go down

Post  Agent Sculder on Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:28 pm

So I just watched Death Comes to Pemberly.  I enjoyed it, but for me the best thing about it by FAR was the dead on casting of Matthew Goode as Wickham.  Matthew Rhys is also very good as Darcy, but Goode is just about perfect.

Last edited by Agent Sculder on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Agent Sculder

Back to top Go down

Post  Gallifrey Girl on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:07 am

I watched that recently too.  And despite having read the book just a year or two ago, I couldn't remember the actual whodunit part, so it was like it was new!

When Wickham came on I was I know that guy I know that guy. Couldn't place him and ended up having to look him up on imdb.  From The Good Wife, duh.

I was amused that the Pemberly estate was the same Pemberly estate used in the Keira Knightly/Matthew McHottie Pride and Prejudice movie from 10 years ago. I actually ended up on wikipedia reading all about the history of the estate where it was filmed.

Gallifrey Girl

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:36 am

Agent Sculder wrote:So I just watched Death Comes to Pemberly.  I enjoyed it, but for me the best thing about it by FAR was the dead on casting of Matthew Goode as Wickham.  Matthew Rhys is also very good as Darcy, but Goode is just about perfect.

I really liked it too. Love me some Matthew Goode and Matthew Rhys so having them in the same place is alright with me. (By the way, people need to watch The Americans. Matthew Rhys, Keri Russell and the whole cast are seriously fantastic.)
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  bookworm on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:06 pm

I felt the actress they had play Lizzie was not right for the role. I normally love this actress in everything, but she stuck out like a sore thumb. Everyone else was great.
bookworm

Back to top Go down

Post  biakbiak on Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:15 am

I really quite enjoyed Last Man on Earth which is fairly rare for the first episode of a comedy, though I suppose it should be noted that this wasn't actually a pilot because it was done under Kevin Reilly's system of just ordering shows to series and not having pilots so it could be argued that they were able to spend more time fleshing out the first few episodes to fit in with the longer narrative.

I do wonder if you could live anywhere in the US because it was entirely deserted you would choose Tuscon, absolutely nothing against Tuscon and I do understand that is where he lived before but I would definitely choose a place with a more temperate climate and more rainfall.
biakbiak

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top