What Are You Watching

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: What Are You Watching

Post  katesti on Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:42 pm

WHY IS THERE NOWHERE ON THE INTERNET FOR ME TO DISCUSS MY LOVE OF BEHIND THE MASK ON HULU? Am I the only one??? It is SO delightful, and feeds the sports nut AND the sap in me. I'm about halfway through season two now and am SO invested in all these characters.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:13 am

The Invincible Kimmy Schmidt, on netflix, which doesn't feel like much of a netflix show at all. It's totally an NBC show - some hybrid of Parks and Rec and 30 Rock and SNL. It's not bad and Erin from the Office (too lazy to google her name) carries the show much better than I expected.

Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  Morning Angel on Sat Mar 07, 2015 11:21 am

Binky wrote:The Invincible Kimmy Schmidt, on netflix, which doesn't feel like much of a netflix show at all. It's totally an NBC show - some hybrid of Parks and Rec and 30 Rock  and SNL. It's not bad and Erin from the Office (too lazy to google her name) carries the show much better than I expected.

NBC really chickened out with it, but I'm glad we're still getting to see it. Ellie Kamper kind of annoyed me on The Office so I just hope she won't prevent me from enjoying this show.
Morning Angel

Back to top Go down

Post  naughty zoot on Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:54 pm

I am not loving Kimmy Schmidt. I watched the first few episodes and then skipped to 11 and 12 for Jon Hamm and I'm just not finding it that funny. And the Marcia Cross/Christopher Darden bit would have been tired 15 years ago.
naughty zoot

Back to top Go down

Post  laddical on Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:49 pm

I love the way they handled the theme song and REALLY enjoyed Martin Short as Dr. Franff, but overall... Tina Fey without Amy Poehler just doesn't seem to click for me.
laddical

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:16 am

I dug out some of my 30 Rock DVDs, and am loving it! So many quotable lines; "I would never get you drunk on salmon! Or any fish!", "I don't have bedbugs Kenneth, I went to Princeton".

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:45 am

I have some issues with Kimmy Schmidt, but in general, I really really enjoyed it. So many good lines!
laddical wrote:REALLY enjoyed Martin Short as Dr. Franff,
However, what I most want to say is when I saw Martin Short/Dr. "Franff" I thought immediately of celebrity Manhattan dermatologist Dr. Brandt. Eek! I've always wondered how celebs and the wealthy could go to this guy. I mean, look! And here. It's so obviously him I wonder if they got in trouble for it.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis on Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:17 pm

Bad Username wrote:I dug out some of my 30 Rock DVDs, and am loving it! So many quotable lines; "I would never get you drunk on salmon! Or any fish!", "I don't have bedbugs Kenneth, I went to Princeton".

I gotta re-watch that show, it's so great. Alec Baldwin's character is so great. I wish he weren't such a real life asshole, alas.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:34 pm

I started watching The Musketeers. It's such a fun show. Athos' man pain is hilariously over the top. "FORGET-ME-NOTS REMIND ME OF MY TRAGIC PAST AND LOST LOVE THAT I WANT TO FORGET! OH THE IRONY MAKES ME WEEP AND DRINK RED WINE!!!" D'artagnan and Aramis are so pretty and I just love how over it Porthos is.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes on Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:59 pm

Black Mirror. And oy. Oy.

I watched the first season (three episodes) yesterday and then I had to take a sadness-induced nap. I love dystopian fiction, but this show fucked with me. In a great way. I loved it, but I feel like I should have only watched one episode a day.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  big chicken on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:04 pm

Please tell me I am not the only one who watched the first episode of The Royals. It's campy and hilarious and Joan Collins will be guest starring as the Duchess of Oxford.

big chicken

Back to top Go down

Post  Instant Monkeys on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:10 pm

The first two episodes of Black Mirror FUCKED. ME. UP. Especially the first one. I can't even articulate why. I think it's the most upsetting thing I've ever watched on TV (well, technically Netflix in this case).

I too had to take a rest between episodes. Two a night was plenty for me.
Instant Monkeys

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix on Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:52 pm

big chicken wrote:Please tell me I am not the only one who watched the first episode of The Royals. It's campy and hilarious and Joan Collins will be guest starring as the Duchess of Oxford.

It starts here in another week and I really want to watch it! Also, how does Vincent Regan appear so different in all his roles? If it wasn't for his eyes (and IMDB), I'd never swear to it that he was in both Troy and 300.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  mayram on Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:29 pm

Netflix just got A Different World and I've been having a great time revisiting the early 90s with all of its bad fashion and funny dance moves.

I'm a little disturbed by the soft spot I have for the slimy Ron Johnson, but he makes me laugh. Later years Whitley is pretty funny too, I'm glad her character evolved from what it was in the earliest years, which was over-the-top unlikeable. Her snooty moments are much funnier when they're mixed in with other elements to her personality.

I haven't delved all the way back to the Denise years yet and despite not loving the "new class" that came in for the last few seasons, I'm still enjoying those episodes quite a bit.

It's nice to see a show that doesn't get much syndication love these days, it's been such a long time since I watched this that it feels new to me.

mayram

Back to top Go down

Post  puddingcup on Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:18 am

I've been watching episodes too, and Denise Huxtable has the best clothes. I always thought Dawnn Lewis' name was "Julisa", a cross between Julie and Lisa, did not know her character's name was Jaleesa. I had forgotten that Marisa Tomei was in the series - so adorable. I had a twinge when there was a brief Bill Cosby scene, though. I did used to love him and the Cosby Show. Sad.

puddingcup

Back to top Go down

Post  katesti on Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:47 pm

Is anyone else watching iZombie? I was totally unsure about it - I quit Walking Dead a while back and am sort of burned out on zombies - but I've watched the first episode and a half and it is a delight. Rob Thomas, you win again.

katesti

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:22 am

I'm watching! I haven't caught up on this week's episode yet, but I liked the first two a lot. And I have an anti-Zombie bias, so RT was kind of the only thing that could have brought me around on this--not even Sark. But David Anders IS great, and so is Liv herself and her partner in the morgue. I'm not super into any of the other characters yet, but three is a pretty good start. It is very Zombie Veronica Mars, which I'm certainly not going to complain about and I'm sure it will settle into its own groove soon enough anyway.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:06 am

I'm watching it and liking it a lot, Liv's great, and I love that every episode she get's to take on slightly different character traits via the brains she's eating. I actually love Clive/Liv as partners, I hope he finds out soon she's a zombie, but I think it's great that he kind of doesn't care how she helps him only that she does, and that he still trusts his own instincts in spite of her visions. This last episode fleshed out her roomate a bit more, so now I just need Major to get more depth and definition beyond reminds me of Scott Speedman-itis.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  MaddyCat on Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:30 pm

blixie wrote: This last episode fleshed out her roomate a bit more, so now I just need Major to get more depth and definition beyond reminds me of Scott Speedman-itis.

Yes! Scott Speedman! Man, it was driving me nuts who that guy reminded me of, so thank you! Also, I hate the name Major. Stupid.

MaddyCat

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:55 pm

All of their names are kind of terrible because of the comic book aspect (Liv Moore? GAH.), but yeah Major Lilywhite is probably the worst. I really like that actor, but there is just nothing to that character so far.
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  Bad Username on Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:47 am

I'm halfway through the first season of Orange is the New Black. This show is nuts, I love it. I hope the cast has a great time working on the show, because it looks like it would be challenging for an actor, but fun as well.

Bad Username

Back to top Go down

Post  Cynara on Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:41 am

I'm only two episodes into Shameless but I LOVE it. William H. Macy is brilliant, and Emmy Rossum is REALLY good, which is not something I thought I'd ever say. I love the dynamic of the family and I'm really looking forward to watching more.

I am still watching Sons of Anarchy but I can only take it an episode or two at a time, because dude, so much murder. And assault. And general assorted felonies of an unpleasant nature. I will say that
Spoiler:
there has only been one rape, and it has been/will be necessary to the greater arc of the show, and I applaud the writers for not using it as an easy/convenient shorthand but making it believably in character for the guy who arranged it, and creating a world where it seems like a completely viable threat and not just a plot device.
Weirdly, I can now also see why Charlie Hunnam was initially cast as Christian Grey--I mean, I loved Pacific Rim but he was Blandy McBlanderson there. But he brings a charming, dark edge to his role, and he's really good at it. He and Maggie Siff have fantastic chemistry too.

Cynara

Back to top Go down

Post  dionneshea on Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:58 am

I watched all six episodes of The Jinx in the past 24 hours. I had sort of heard of all the stuff when the last episode aired, but seeing all of it together? Holy crap, guys! And my god, is Robert Durst crazy. Like, I don't get how he was actually just out in society. I also liked that it didn't just seem like an out-and-out condemnation of him (though, it seems like that would be apt). They did try and assign some sympathy to his upbringing and the way his family treated him. It made it seem like a somewhat measured documentary. And the six hours went by like *that*.

I've also started watching The Knick. I generally like Clive Owen, and I do like that premise and the setting, but it hasn't grabbed me yet. And I find it very gory. But there's enough intriguing storylines with the racism towards the black doctor and the addiction stuff that I'll keep watching. Plus, there's something about that time period in New York that's always interested me.
dionneshea

Back to top Go down

Post  blixie on Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:43 pm

I just finished Peaky Blinders and while it took a while to win me over (I have Cillian Murphy issues) I'm now completely won over and aggravated at my wait for S3. Love the whole Shelby family and I think Grace is kind of a zero so I hope that resolves the way I want it to. OH and I adore Michael, can't wait to see more of him. Of course I love the anachronistic, but thematically on point soundtrack.

I hope it's already in production for S3.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TiffanyNichelle on Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:44 pm

dionneshea I loved The Knick. I've been on a NYC history kick for the past couple of years (The Bowery Boys podcast has a lot of interesting stuff from around that time period). The show takes a while to get going and the gore is really really bad but I loved all the characters. Even characters I started out hating I eventually enjoyed.
TiffanyNichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum