Emmys 2015

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Emmys 2015

Post  BrightEyes on Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:54 pm

Emmy nominations are out!

I cannot decide who I want to win in lead actress in a comedy: Lisa Kudrow, Julia Louis Dreyfuss, Amy Poehler, or Amy Schumer. Four way tie?

Also nominated: Tatiana Maslany! Anthony Anderson! Kyle Chandler! Taraji P. Henson! Christina Hendricks! Keegan-Michael Key! Last Week Tonight!

Also nominated: Homeland...Jeff Daniels...Project Runway...

Not nominated: Jim Parsons!

Not nominated: Anyone from Outlander...Melissa McBride...

Last edited by BrightEyes on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Re: Emmys 2015

Post  blixie on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:10 pm

I'm happy for Maslany and Tarji, but I'm ticked Matt Rhys/Keri Russell/Americans continue to get shut out/ignored.

blixie
Mod Squad

http://thesnarkening.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BrightEyes on Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:32 pm

Here's the full list.

I am DELIGHTED that Billy on the Street is nominated. So is Neil deGrasse Tyson (twice)! And that damn Budweiser commercial with the dog. And Daredevil (for their opening credits). And, OK, Bear McCreary is nominated for scoring Outlander.

Damn, this list is extensive.

BrightEyes

Back to top Go down

Post  mokey75 on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:28 pm

I stopped watching halfway through the season, but I think I am most delighted by the narrator from Jane the Virgin getting nominated.
mokey75

Back to top Go down

Post  killershrew on Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:48 am

I rarely have opinions about these because I watch crappy TV shows that rarely get nominated for anything, but I think Constance Wu was robbed for not getting a nomination for "Fresh Off the Boat".
killershrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gillian on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:25 pm

I am so beyond thrilled about Tatiana Maslany's nomination. She deserves to win, but I'm happy to settle for a nomination at this point, because it's better than the nothing I was sure she was going to get.

But it turns out, my Tatiana Maslany delight does not temper my outrage on behalf of The Americans at all. Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys were robbed! Especially Matthew Rhys. They're both great and they both deserve a pile of trophies, but I especially love Rhys on that show. The two of them have so many scenes where they have to communicate with each other with just looks, and they're so damn good at it. Rhys especially could be silent for an entire episode, and you'd still know pretty much exactly what his character is thinking/feeling the entire time. That guy radiates misery better than anyone.

Gillian

Back to top Go down

Post  Binky on Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:52 pm

I'm very disappointed that no one on Justified was awarded in its final season. I do see that there's more diversity, since the Emmy's addiction to shows (particularly shows I hate on CBS) is well documented. But still.
Binky

Back to top Go down

Post  eventide82 on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:53 pm

I'm also disappointed that The Americans missed out again.

I also wish Ellie Kemper had gotten a nomination for Kimmy Schmidt. She's hilarious in the show, equal parts naive and ballsy, and nomination worthy, IMO. Also, Jaime Camil (Rogelio on Jane the Virgin) has had the most perfect comedic timing, and I wish he hadn't been overlooked.
eventide82

http://boredomaboundsbyjulia.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top