Snarkfest 4.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Series

+5
Grainne Mhaol
Snarryfan
Coneycat
swsa
Carrie Ann
9 posters

Go down

Twilight Series Empty Twilight Series

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:14 pm

(Is it possible that this thread didn't yet exist on this version of the forum???)

Guys, Stephenie Meyer "wrote" a "new" Twilight book. It's a gender swap of the first book--this time, about Beaufort and Edythe. Cleo is live-tweeting it here. It sounds absurd, as usual. Odds that SM just ctrl-F'd to replace names and pronouns and called it good?

Last edited by Carrie Ann on Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Twilight Series Empty Re: Twilight Series

Post  swsa Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:32 pm

I hate that I know I will read this.

I hate even more that I know I will read the future novel about the female CEO and her naive male submissive.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Coneycat Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:42 pm

swsa wrote:I hate even more that I know I will read the future novel about the female CEO and her naive male submissive.

Hell, that I would probably read!

Coneycat

Back to top Go down

Post  Snarryfan Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:06 pm

swsa wrote:I hate even more that I know I will read the future novel about the female CEO and her naive male submissive.

Please no. I cannot take some dude's penis doing the lambada (it's the forbidden dance!)

Snarryfan

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:17 pm

"Allistair's inner god caught a 40-yard pass and did an end zone dance."
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Grainne Mhaol Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:50 pm

I'm guying here, guys. Seriously though, the horror.
Grainne Mhaol
Grainne Mhaol

http://foodcultureinireland.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:55 pm

SMeyer said she wrote it because it was fun and easy to do. Fair play to her for making as much money as she could off the series and I'm not a hater, but coming from her, that doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

I mean, I'm still going to read it because I'm a sucker for nostalgia and I need to see this madness with my own eyes.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Putli Bai Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:31 pm

April Fools! April Fools!

Just in October.

Right, guys?

Guys???
Putli Bai
Putli Bai

Back to top Go down

Post  ulkis Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:50 pm

Carrie Ann wrote:(Is it possible that this thread didn't yet exist on this version of the forum???)

Guys, Stephenie Meyer "wrote" a "new" Twilight book. It's a gender swap of the first book--this time, about Beaufort and Edythe. Cleo is live-tweeting it here. It sounds absurd, as usual. Odds that SM just ctrl-F'd to replace names and pronouns and called it good?

From the article:

She decided to put this claim to the test by “converting” the original opening chapters, and found it “not only fun, but also really fast and easy”.

Yeah, who would have thought re-writing the same story would be fast and easy.

I mean, I guess it seems kinda interesting. I would skim it.

ulkis

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:42 pm

Cleolinda has been doing a comparison between both version on her @cleolindajones side account on Twitter. She has storified it here.

Basically, Cleo is taking the hit for the rest of us. May God have mercy on her soul.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Carrie Ann Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:04 pm

It's been super interesting following Cleo's live-read, because it's NOT a ctrl-F situation. What SMeyer was apparently trying to accomplish would have actually been better served if she HAD. Instead, she gender-swapped and then revised. Like, a lot. So she claimed she was doing it to refute the criticisms of Bella, saying that people wouldn't say those things if Bella were Beau instead. But then she's made all these changes clearly to fit both characters back into their comfy gender roles, so like...???
Carrie Ann
Carrie Ann

Back to top Go down

Post  swsa Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:15 pm

I'm not finished with it yet, but I don't know. So far I tend to disagree with princesscleo in that I dislike Edythe WAY more than I did Edward. Which either reaffirms my own gender biases, or...actually I don't even know.

Edythe is just way harder for me to grasp. I think in an effort to tone down the self-loathing, Meyer has just made me think the character is even more unaffected and smug. I mean, god knows Edward could be an overbearing control freak, but I never doubted he cared. Edythe gives me more of an "okay, but why are you even bothering?" type of vibe. At no time do I really think she's all that tortured over the kid.

Beau is definitely less annoying and ungrateful than Bella, which maybe makes him a better match for a vampire who's less invested? I guess this book has sort of inadvertently proven to me that Edward and Bella were exactly as miserable as they needed to be to be a match for each other.
swsa
swsa

Back to top Go down

Post  Unlucky Bear Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:57 pm

Unlucky Bear
Unlucky Bear
Official Succubus

Back to top Go down

Post  QueenSix Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:42 am

I'm glad for her but worried for the rest of us if this 'inspires' E.L. James to unleash volley of books on us. Hopefully it's just vampires that attracts her.

QueenSix

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down